• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh 112's Mystery gift system

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
where in the script I put that?
The file is saved as "text.txt

near the top is this:

Code:
file = File.open('text.txt', 'wb'){|f|
f.write(code)
}
array = IO.readlines('text.txt')

change text.txt to let's say: Data/Gift.txt then it saves to: Project/Data/Gifts.txt

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I have a problem with this script, when I put number 1 in the option to make a pokemon shiny, I receive the pokemon as a normal one, what can I do to solve this problem?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I have a problem with this script, when I put number 1 in the option to make a pokemon shiny, I receive the pokemon as a normal one, what can I do to solve this problem?

I'll take a look, it might take a while since I'm real busy.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Hey, I have a question more so about webs than the actual script, How do I get my uploaded .txt onto the page? also I was wondering if you could make the layout a bit more clear. For example do we need to Put pokemon Dex numbers/Move Numbers so on and so forth or Internal names/numbers. I tested it with your .txt and it works perfectly for what I am needing. Just need to get it set up with my stuff. My current .txt look like this.
Code:
Sythe from the Under-Net presents you with a dark gift. (Message)
0 (Pokemon)
491 (Darkrai)
50 (Level)
0 (Form)
0 (Shiny? No)
39 (Move 1)
25 (Move 2)
188 (Move 3)
449 (Move 4)
Sythe (OT)
39257 (ID #)
8 (Nature/Mild)
521 (Item)
0 (Ribbon)
0 (Gender)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)

Wasn't quite sure on the layout you didnt really explain it very well in your OP. For example do I use the Move Internal # from Moves.TXT or the number from the order it appears under the desired pokemon in Pokemon.txt? And for adding Items, If I wanted to add my custom item (Which cost 75k in game) would I put its Item # from Items.txt? basically Im asking if you can clarify a little better and walk users through how to get their .txt file uploaded to webs.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Hey, I have a question more so about webs than the actual script, How do I get my uploaded .txt onto the page? also I was wondering if you could make the layout a bit more clear. For example do we need to Put pokemon Dex numbers/Move Numbers so on and so forth or Internal names/numbers. I tested it with your .txt and it works perfectly for what I am needing. Just need to get it set up with my stuff. My current .txt look like this.
Code:
Sythe from the Under-Net presents you with a dark gift. (Message)
0 (Pokemon)
491 (Darkrai)
50 (Level)
0 (Form)
0 (Shiny? No)
39 (Move 1)
25 (Move 2)
188 (Move 3)
449 (Move 4)
Sythe (OT)
39257 (ID #)
8 (Nature/Mild)
521 (Item)
0 (Ribbon)
0 (Gender)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
31 (IV)
Wasn't quite sure on the layout you didnt really explain it very well in your OP. For example do I use the Move Internal # from Moves.TXT or the number from the order it appears under the desired pokemon in Pokemon.txt? And for adding Items, If I wanted to add my custom item (Which cost 75k in game) would I put its Item # from Items.txt? basically Im asking if you can clarify a little better and walk users through how to get their .txt file uploaded to webs.
Moves have to use the numbers from Moves.txt. Items, the same way, except use the internal number from Items.txt. To upload to Webs, do this:
1. Log into your Webs Account.
2. Click View Control Panel.
3. Click Manage Pages & Apps.
4. Click File Manager.
5. Make a folder called Gifts.
6. Click on Gifts and upload the gift.txt. Make sure the text file is actually name gift.txt!
7. Test, and it should work. :)
8. ???
9. PROFIT! :D

Also I suggest you remove the ()'s and the words inside them. It'll give you a "The Gift was Corrupted!" error if you don't. Or you can just put a # in front of them.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Moves have to use the numbers from Moves.txt. Items, the same way, except use the internal number from Items.txt. To upload to Webs, do this:
1. Log into your Webs Account.
2. Click View Control Panel.
3. Click Manage Pages & Apps.
4. Click File Manager.
5. Make a folder called Gifts.
6. Click on Gifts and upload the gift.txt. Make sure the text file is actually name gift.txt!
7. Test, and it should work. :)
8. ???
9. PROFIT! :D

Also I suggest you remove the ()'s and the words inside them. It'll give you a "The Gift was Corrupted!" error if you don't. Or you can just put a # in front of them.

Thanks and I actually dont have the quotes on my document. I put it there to make sure my layout was correct.

Works perfectly thanks :) Well with the exception of not knowing how to set the nature and so forth. And not sure how to add items. Im going to tinker with it a bit and try to find out how to do the items :/

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Thanks and I actually dont have the quotes on my document. I put it there to make sure my layout was correct.

Works perfectly thanks :) Well with the exception of not knowing how to set the nature and so forth. And not sure how to add items. Im going to tinker with it a bit and try to find out how to do the items :/

Items are from the item's give number (What I do is make the pokemon manually in debug modify all it's attributes and export each stat of it and put that in the file.)

(1=masterball,2=ultraballl,ect.)

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
When ever the mystery gift script runs, it stops responding.
There is an option to try to restore the program.
When done, it says the script is hanging.
Help please?
Here is my file and I am using version 7 may 15 2012

This is a mystery gift!
Event01
All the numbers are on separate lines.

Years
When ever the mystery gift script runs, it stops responding.
There is an option to try to restore the program.
When done, it says the script is hanging.
Help please?
Here is my file and I am using version 7 may 15 2012

This is a mystery gift!
Event01
All the numbers are on separate lines.

Try the test gift first (if that doesn't work it's the Ho-oh's system)

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
this looks good, but I do have a question: is this like the DS games where you can have only on Mystery gift at a time or similar to the GBA games where you have preset codes?

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
I will try that, but before you do, can you please teach me how to do my own Mystery Gift System?

EDIT: By the way, is this script compatible with all DS Pokémon games (including Black/White/Black2/White2)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2013
I just tried (and succeeded) at getting a gift working, but it can be obtained infinite times. Is there any way to get the gift once but keep the event for further use?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm an idiot. I had it in debug mode.

By the way, if you want to easily upload the gift file, use text-upload.com for it. I didn and I copied the .txt file download link. Then, just put the link into the script and it works like a charm.

Last edited:
Back