• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black 2 PWT help

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
So, I'm kind of struggling in the post game PWT. I have great pokemon that I've transferred from previous games. Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Giratina, etc. Unfortunately, I lack pokemon to use in the PWT. I always find myself with either a crippling Dragon/Ice weakness, thanks to my personal favorites Salamence and Dragonite, who I got on the GTS, or I end up with a horrible Ground weakness because of my reliance on Heatran and Lucario. What should I add to nullify these weaknesses? I have Latios. I have Ninetales. I have Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion but I haven't trained them. What do I need to add? What do I need to take out? Should I try and find something on the GTS?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Your team does have quite good defensive synergy already, but I think that two Dragon/Flying types are not necessary. I think that replacing one with Latios may be your best bet, as not only it still provides a Ground-type immunity and a resistance to Fighting, it also has a neutrality to Rock (which two of your Pokemon are weak to so far) and an Electric-type resistance. If you're worried about Ice-type weaknesses just simply switch to Heatran, as it's 4x resistant to Ice.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Yes, it definitely will. I'd grab a Power Lens (Sp. Atk)) or Anklet (Speed) and start training at the Celestial Tower, or if you'd like a head start give it some Calciums and Carbos.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Well, it's showing for sure. Latios now has a rather high 170 Special Attack and 150 Speed thanks to Calcium, Carbos, and Join Avenue. He's definitely pulling his weight. I was worried about having two Dragon-types, but you were right. Adding Latios was definitely a good call. My current team is Latios, Dragonite, and Heatran. They're doing very well.

Back