• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Could somebody tell me the unLZ-GBA number or at least offset of the tilemap used by "Pokémon" image in Emerald's titlescreen?

From KhaosKnight's tutorial:

Rayquaza Titlescreen Offset: 53F058 unLZ # 152 (16 Colors) Rayquaza Titlescreen Palette: DDE418 unLZ # - Not LZ'd Pokemon Logo Offset: DDE690 unLZ # 2611 (256 Colors) Pokemon Logo Palette: DDE258 unLZ # - Not LZ'd Emerald Version Offset: DDFD94 unLZ # 2612 (256 Colors) Emerald Version Palette: DDE438 unLZ # - Not LZ'd

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
I have a question, i'm working with Shinyzer v1.1.0 and it works but with a bug, when i talk to the npc with make a setvar 0x8003 0x3 (this make 3 encounters with shinies) and fly to other part, the wild pokemon appear and crash my game, there is a way to correct this??? without using a lot of NPC everyway. thanks

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a question, i'm working with Shinyzer v1.1.0 and it works but with a bug, when i talk to the npc with make a setvar 0x8003 0x3 (this make 3 encounters with shinies) and fly to other part, the wild pokemon appear and crash my game, there is a way to correct this??? without using a lot of NPC everyway. thanks
Have you applied Shinyzer correctly? 'cause this shouldn't happen...
First try to setvar in tile script and if does the same, I would suggest reapplying Shinyzer.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Ok,
So I have an idea of creating a "Bank System" for Fire Red...

My only problem I seem to not be able to solve by my self is the fact that I can not figure out how the Player gets money after a trainer battle.

I need help finding the routine that gives the player money after the battle.
I have tried to use IDA an realize that I just do not hold the necessary skills to decipher where the routine is being held...

I can not continue my mod with out this =( So anyone with any information that can help me or anyone who is willing to help create the system please let me know ASAP....

Go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=141093

And talk to Bela. She made her own bank system without ASM and she can explain it well, as she uses it for her hack Pokemon Rose

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Would it be possible so that a regular item can't be sold or tossed? :) So essentially it has the properties of a Key Item but is stackable and is in the item slot?

Use an item editor to set the item's price to 0 and shops won't buy the item. I don't know a way to prevent discarding it though.

Thanks. :) I have to admit I forgot setting it to 0 makes it unsellable. It makes sense though haha. xD I'd still like to know if it would be possible to make it un-tossable though. :)

I feel like I ask too many questions. D: Anyway, another- how would you go about editing the Fame Checker? I've found the hex for the text but I can't seem to change it- it instead just corrupts the "What does this person do?" text. :\ Also, would it be possible to change the overworld sprite (so, for instance changing the Gym Sign to a Lass- a random example but yeah. :))

I really appreciate all the people who have been patient and answered my questions so far. :D

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Thanks. :) I have to admit I forgot setting it to 0 makes it unsellable. It makes sense though haha. xD I'd still like to know if it would be possible to make it un-tossable though. :)

I feel like I ask too many questions. D: Anyway, another- how would you go about editing the Fame Checker? I've found the hex for the text but I can't seem to change it- it instead just corrupts the "What does this person do?" text. :\ Also, would it be possible to change the overworld sprite (so, for instance changing the Gym Sign to a Lass- a random example but yeah. :))

I really appreciate all the people who have been patient and answered my questions so far. :D

I haven't really messed with the Fame Checker as it's something most hacks like to leave out for simplicity, but I do believe there is a special you have to activate before the message box that mentions something about whoever you're fame checking.

I saw a thread about it, but can't seem to find it at the moment? Was it... JPAN's special guide?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Hey guys do any of you know if there is a tool that will let you look at the special trainer IDs asigned to gym leaders, boss npcs, etc for gen 3 or gen 5 games?

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
I used JPAN's fire red hacked engine and I noticed that it clears all the events inlcuding the link cable lady. (the ladies upstairs of PokeCenter) Is it still possible to implement it again?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I used JPAN's fire red hacked engine and I noticed that it clears all the events inlcuding the link cable lady. (the ladies upstairs of PokeCenter) Is it still possible to implement it again?

When you downloaded the engine, there should be some
other folders. You'll find the script of that link cable ladies' script.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
y have another question, how can i access to a byte or half-word in RAM, this is because in JPAN hack the pokemon is decrypted there (i don't remenber exactly where, but that's not the problem). I want to check various thins there (caught location, level location, game) and others things that JPAN didn't put in his hack.
I try loadpointer but i only have the offset of a pointer that point the part of the memory that have the block in question, It would be so easy to just add 2 to that offset and that's it but its impossible (i think) with XSE, somebody can help me???

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
I have 2 quick questions regarding the FR Pokedex that I've tried searching for to no avail.

1. I noticed in my hack that Pokemon with 2-word species names will only display the first word in their dex entry. Now, I thought that I had messed something up, but it turns out that this is the case in a clean FR ROM as well. Is there a delimiter somewhere that I need to change? (e.g., Squirtle's dex entry says "TINY POKeMON" instead of "TINY TURTLE POKeMON.")

2. Where is the information stored in the ROM for the order in the Pokedex search (i.e., A to Z, type, lightest, and smallest) modes?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
In my game, the last slot of Box 2 is a bad egg. Even at the start of the game when you look at the PC the last slot of box 2 is a bad egg. What is going on? Is it fixable? Can I just ignore it?

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
How come I can't ride bike in maps that was inserted? Even when I set the Type in Advance Map as "Route"?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Hi.
Does anybody know of any tool I could use to rip sounds from GBA pokemon games as soundfonts?(.SF2 files)
I tried a tool called gbaMusRiper but it didn't work. Apparently there's something different about FR/LG/RSE from other GBA games, and the difference prevents the tool from detecting the songtable.
Or if anybody could point me to a complete FR/LG/RSE soundfont that'd work too.

Thanks in advance.

Just bumping this up since I haven't seen it answered yet.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
I have 2 quick questions regarding the FR Pokedex that I've tried searching for to no avail.

1. I noticed in my hack that Pokemon with 2-word species names will only display the first word in their dex entry. Now, I thought that I had messed something up, but it turns out that this is the case in a clean FR ROM as well. Is there a delimiter somewhere that I need to change? (e.g., Squirtle's dex entry says "TINY POKeMON" instead of "TINY TURTLE POKeMON.")

2. Where is the information stored in the ROM for the order in the Pokedex search (i.e., A to Z, type, lightest, and smallest) modes?

Please disregard the first question. A more careful search has led me to the answer. I'm still curious about number 2, though.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
How come I can't ride bike in maps that was inserted? Even when I set the Type in Advance Map as "Route"?

That happens to me too. I guess you inserted a map?
The game thought as it's a inside place. I don't know how to fix it.
But running inside can be, just take the codes in tut via hex editor.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
That happens to me too. I guess you inserted a map?
The game thought as it's a inside place. I don't know how to fix it.
But running inside can be, just take the codes in tut via hex editor.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. It's kinda frustrating. I wonder is there a way to ride bike indoors.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 22, 2013
In my game, the last slot of Box 2 is a bad egg. Even at the start of the game when you look at the PC the last slot of box 2 is a bad egg. What is going on? Is it fixable? Can I just ignore it?
I am having the same issue... Does anyone know if this is fixable or what could've caused it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back