• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of the Month: October - Action-Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Game of the Month
hosted by LGDArm and Perdition Haze
Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages. Welcome to Game of the Month! This is a contest to see what video games our fellow members love. We will give you a list of ten games every month from a specific genre, and it will be all up to you to decide which one's the best!

The Guidelines
  • Every month, we will select up to ten games for you to vote for. The game that receives the most amount of votes will be declared the victor.
  • You may vote for only one video game. When you submit your vote, it is recommended to give us a reasoning behind it.
  • At the end of each month, LGDArm will announce the winner, who will then be featured in the forum splash until the next winner is announced.
  • If you'd like to nominate any video games for next month's contest, then please head over to the official GotM nomination thread.
  • If you have any questions and would like to see them answered, then you may post a reply here or send a private message to LGDArm or myself, Perdition Haze!
Past Winners

Below, is a list of all games that have won GotM throughout the past few months. Hit the spoiler button if you'd like to see them!

Spoiler:

GotM - October

This month, we have the following games for you to vote for:

• Assassin's Creed: II
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • BioShock 2
  • Crash of the Titans
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Tomb Raider
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
When you submit your votes, please make sure to put the games that you're voting for in bold letters. This makes it easier for us to count these votes.

Have a blast, people!

Last edited:
Years
Hey look, a list of games I've never played! Except for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I enjoyed the game, but I never finished it, sadly. Still, it's the only one out of the options I like, so there's my vote!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Uncharted 2, easily.

The attention to detail, the charm, the animations, the aesthetics. It's so unmatched.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My vote would have to go towards Assassin's Creed: II. The game's animations were superb, and the storyline was very easy to get sucked into. The game kicks of with Ezio Auditore, a young seventeen-year-old man who's trying to learn a few fighting moves from his older brother. His brother is later executed along with his father, thanks to a few people who've made charged them with false accusations. This caused Ezio to turn himself into an assassin, and seek out revenge to those who killed them. It was a very interesting story. d:

Legend of Zelda: Skyward had very beautiful art style, and it contained a nice storyline as well, but it just wasn't as realistic as AC II, unfortunately.

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
Years
I will vote for Banjo Kazooie. It is a great platformer and it has aged well. It is one of my favorite games and is considered a classic by some.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Was a tough choice between ACII and UC2, but I'm choosing to go with Uncharted 2. Simply one of my favourite series and Sully is a badass. Shame 3 didn't really live up to it's expectations...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Was between Uncharted and AC2 but I have to go with AC2.

I totally fell inlove with the area and characters, I even use EzioAuditore (much to everyones annoyance) in an MMO that I play. Was my favourite out of all the AC games and I got totally absorbed into it even going as far as to platinum trophy it.

Nakala Pri

It rocks and is unbeatable. :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Aw, it was hard for me to pick between Batman Arkham City and Red Dead Redemption. Alas though, I'm going to have to vote for Red Dead Redemption. As much as it pains me, I simply thought Red Dead as better. Both games deserve the highest praise though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
All right, guys, voting is now over. Thanks for all your votes! The winner of this month is Banjo Kazooie, which was able to get itself three votes. Assassin's Creed, Legend of Zelda, and Uncharted would have to be the runners-up, as they all received two votes each. And third place would have to go to Red Dead Redemption. GotM November will be ready within the next forty-eight hours, so stay tuned. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back