• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Companions

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I would rather like that, but they probably want to give the companions their own AI for them to make their own decisions. I'd like to see having the option (which was suggested) of choosing a strategy ahead of time so that they don't get in the way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well i guess you could make some basic strategic decisions, like "concentrate on healing/supporting", "attack the pokemon with higher HP", "Use super-effective moves" or something like that
Yeah like that. It'd be a bit like Mystery Dungeon but I don't see why they can't implement something like that in-game anyways.

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
Kind of wanted to go more in-depth in my post, and I'm actually wondering if anyone else feels the same way. Here goes!

Well, think about this guys: what about having a permanent companion of some sort? Think Pokemon Colosseum, where you (as Wes) play with a partner (Rui). Would you want the games to be something reflecting this, or would you rather have this as more of an optional feature?

For me, I'd think it'd serve as an interesting mix having some sort of a permanent partner, but only if you can choose who it can be. It's a pretty iffy double-edged sword, if I do say so myself, and I don't think it's too overly necessary, though it could help to change how Gym/Elite Four battles are done. What do you rest of you guys think?
That would be awesome; imagine if you can choose the opposite gender player to help you in battles.
But yeah, I would want optional so I'm not too irritated. Like talk to your partner, "Hey, what do you want to do?" >I'd like to be alone for a bit. >Let's battle! >Let's trade! (etc.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I feel like having a permanent companion would just be way more hassle that it would be worth. I felt the same way about Colosseum too, as Rui just tended to get in the way more than she was actually helpful. Plus, she had the ability to see Shadow Pokémon, which Wes can not. A companion in the main games doesn't really have a lot to offer in my opinion in options that you can't do yourself.

Back