• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I knew it you are there Diego and you came back really. Any apologies you made accepted at once (At least by me). Now congrats on being on the 2nd place. (Who won the first place coz I never checked). Now can you update Shining opal more now that you came back
Dude! How can you NOT check the most important event of ROM hacking section?!
Obviously Light Platinum won (because everyone wanted it finally out of nominations xD).

Years
I decided to give this hack a try after seeing the screenshots of it. Although i haven't reach the first gym leader yet, i can tell by all the details regarding the environment and the character models that a lot of work was put into this. The sounds of everything is magnificent, and the lights of the houses at night really make this game stand out from the rest. Even the main character's sprites are beautifully done. I will provide you more feedback once i advance more into the game. Overall, this is the best hack i have played so far because of the quality of it

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Haha! Hes back xD

Ty for the update keep up the good work man

btw im Undisputed lol its my 2nd acc

Also u may want to update the year to 2013 in the menu screen :D
Thanks for the comment! And about the year: 2012 is the year I released Beta 2, so it's going to stay 2012 until I update it to Beta 3.
I knew it you are there Diego and you came back really. Any apologies you made accepted at once (At least by me). Now congrats on being on the 2nd place. (Who won the first place coz I never checked). Now can you update Shining opal more now that you came back
The issue with Shining Opal is that I haven't really been working on it as much as I'd like. But once I have some big news, I'll inform everyone about it.
welcome back~!
no matter why u drop off, you finally back.
Your smooth character design is the biggest spotlight(for me)
its the time you should be the top one!
Thanks for the praise!
I decided to give this hack a try after seeing the screenshots of it. Although i haven't reach the first gym leader yet, i can tell by all the details regarding the environment and the character models that a lot of work was put into this. The sounds of everything is magnificent, and the lights of the houses at night really make this game stand out from the rest. Even the main character's sprites are beautifully done. I will provide you more feedback once i advance more into the game. Overall, this is the best hack i have played so far because of the quality of it
Thanks for your feedback!
this might call real demake of cystal!
Uhh... what?

Anyways, today's post is about a small new update that probably doesn't affect many people: the stuff that happens when you lose to Silver and the choice boxes that overlap the textbox (the day of the week and the apricorns). I've added in the gloating text for Silver and the fact that you can lose the first battle against him and still continue playing. Also, the choice boxes scroll down instead of overlapping the textbox.

Download the new patch from the same link as usual (in the first post).

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2013
I've a question regarding pokemon evolution o.o
At which lvl evolve those pokemon which are supposed to be transferred to another game in order to evolve? (Kadabra -> Alakazam, Scyther -> Scizor, etc...)
Ps Great work you did, this game is awesome.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
I've a question regarding pokemon evolution o.o
At which lvl evolve those pokemon which are supposed to be transferred to another game in order to evolve? (Kadabra -> Alakazam, Scyther -> Scizor, etc...)
Ps Great work you did, this game is awesome.
you can see #974 in page 39

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I tried applying the patch to my rom, yet when I pull it up on my vba, it doesn't show anything, just a white screen

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2020
I'll try the beta now! good luck!, congratulations for this great hack!

Luck!

Years
Hey! Diego...
Good Going with the CrystalDust...
I was thinking, is it possible to add the level up effect(the blue things or lines that pop up around pokemon while leveling up) from firered to crystaldust...
I know its a small detail but since u r making it FR style, it would be nice...
Good Luck! & keep us updating...

Years
I tried applying the patch to my rom, yet when I pull it up on my vba, it doesn't show anything, just a white screen

go to save option choose 128k play

Apply latest patch to a american emerald rom with lunar ips if the save setting wnt help

@Diego

Great job u managed to make Game progress after losing to that noob thats a small but nice addition xD
Dsnt matter to me if its a big or small update im always glad to see a change in this hack

Going to try the newest version to check the hack last time i played it was many versions back i wna see whats new :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Set your save option to 128k or use the VBA I have on my site.
I'll try the beta now! good luck!, congratulations for this great hack!

Luck!
Thank you!
Hey! Diego...
Good Going with the CrystalDust...
I was thinking, is it possible to add the level up effect(the blue things or lines that pop up around pokemon while leveling up) from firered to crystaldust...
I know its a small detail but since u r making it FR style, it would be nice...
Good Luck! & keep us updating...
Nah, there's really no point to that.
go to save option choose 128k play

Apply latest patch to a american emerald rom with lunar ips if the save setting wnt help

@Diego

Great job u managed to make Game progress after losing to that noob thats a small but nice addition xD
Dsnt matter to me if its a big or small update im always glad to see a change in this hack

Going to try the newest version to check the hack last time i played it was many versions back i wna see whats new :)
I think you should redownload the patched you did so before today, because...

Today I bring you guys the Indigo Plateau Update!
Changes:
1. Made the Indigo Plateau and the rooms of the Elite Four and Champion resemble more closely their GSC counterparts. Credits to Project Platinum for making the new rooms and to tonti for egging me on to import them.
2. Finally fixed the tiny bugs with the legendary beasts (bad sprites and wrong cry order).
All I can say is have fun!

Years
Even though i have already beaten the Elite Four, i am still enjoying the game by exploring it more. The small updates that you keep making is worth it because it shows you really care about the game and the people that play it. I am glad to see this kind of responsibly. I must say that this hack is the best i have ever played! :)

Years
@Diego
1. Why can't we get into the bed at home(New Bark Town)? It's blocked, i can't go to sleep, lol...
2. I think, the overworld sprite for Gold(Hero) can get a little more better.
3. BTW, have you considered about adding some move tutors for 3rd Gen moves since CD contains all the TMs from the original 2nd Gen Crystal...you can add some of the move tutors aroud johto & kanto just as Firered did... I think, it will not hurt the authenticity of the game as its Gen 3 remake.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Awesome to know that my sprites are in. I'm glad you liked them. ^^ Also, a massive congrats on the awards- they're very well deserved. :D I think I might try out the newest version right now- I'm quite curious as to what the League looks like now and it seems to have been a while since I last played. xD

Years
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played :)

Last edited:
Years
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played :)

I agree!

I really hope this hack ends up being finished since the creator has done such an amazing job so far

Back