• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I forgot that i was a member of this club sorry. :(

Ice type would absolutely love the winter especially :3 especially Beartic ..and the Walrein line and Vanilluxe :p

What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why?
I would like to ice/fairy and ice/electric pokemon ...mostly bcuz they would look amazing :p

Years
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why?

Ice/fairy please please. This is a combination just begging to be created and I can see a very beautiful, perhaps "girly" design. Would definitely use something like this on my team! An ice/fairy pixie of the sort would be super cute.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Ice/fairy please please. This is a combination just begging to be created and I can see a very beautiful, perhaps "girly" design. Would definitely use something like this on my team! An ice/fairy pixie of the sort would be super cute.

pixie pokemon would be just adorable...small in size... colorful wings.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ice/Fairy would probably be beyond adorable, but I want to see an Ice/Electric Pokémon myself. I know there's Rotom-Ice already but a talking fridge doesn't count! I want to see an Electric/Ice Pokémon that's designed with the fragility and skill of Ice and the pure power and force of electricity; the definition of a glass cannon. Ice and Electric together could deal some seriously powerful hits to the majority of Pokémon out there and swapping out defences in place of Speed can give it a real feel of "pure destructive power". Of course it'd die easily in this scenario, but eh, what's the fun in using something if there's no skill involved?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Ice/Fairy seems to be a popular vote. It'd be 4x effective against Dragon-types, that's for sure. 4x weak against Fire-types and Steel-types. A little pixie/sprite would be cute. Dazzling Gleam, Powder Snow and Silver Wind are moves I can see it having.

Ice/Electric would be nice. A deep freezer maybe? Jk. It would knock off its Ground weakness with Ice moves and be 4x effective at tackling Flying-types. Weak against Fire, Rock, Steel and Fighting.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Preferred username: Venitardus
Partner Pokémon: Froslass
Answer the current topic: What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? I'd like to see an Ice/electric type. I would like to see how it would be designed.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? It has to be Articuno. It was my first ice type that I actually cherished from the get-go
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Icebeam. I always loved that move

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Venitardus
Partner Pokémon: Froslass
Answer the current topic: What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? I'd like to see an Ice/electric type. I would like to see how it would be designed.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? It has to be Articuno. It was my first ice type that I actually cherished from the get-go
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Icebeam. I always loved that move

Welcome to the club. I really like Articuno, I think it's the best Ice-type ever. Ice Beam is a great move, every Ice-type should learn it. I use it as a last resort if I need to knock out the rest of my opponent's HP.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

Ice/Bug! Bugs are vulnerable to freezing, but hey, I've seen such amazing feats in the Pokemon world already... As for design, oh I dunno, something like Bergmite would have been cute to see.

Years

Ice/Bug! Bugs are vulnerable to freezing, but hey, I've seen such amazing feats in the Pokemon world already... As for design, oh I dunno, something like Bergmite would have been cute to see.

I remember seeing a Fakemon a few years ago with this typing, but it would probably be one of the worst defensive typings ever, behind Rock/Ice (which we got with Amaura line). Quadruple weaknesses to Rock and Fire (and yup loses half its HP when switching into a Stealth Rock), as well as also being weak to Flying and Steel. Basically, anything that gets this typing is guaranteed to suck competitively.

But still, at least there can be loads of potential design-wise should we get such a Pokemon in future generations. I also agree with those who said Ice/Fairy, again some good design potential there and I'd love to see how it becomes the ultimate Dragon killer by having a double advantage against them and immunity to Dragon attacks.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ice/Bug is okay with the right support. The 4x weakness to fire, rock and a vulnerability to entry hazards is inconvenient though. If I were to go for a new typing then I'd agree with ice/fairy! It could be something along the lines of Swirlix, where it's nice and fluffy. After all, fairies are pretty cute. :D

Ice has actually been paired up with loads of types if you think about it. An interesting one to see though would be ice/poison or ice/steel. Not sure if any of those have been done yet so feel free to tell me if they have. XD

Snow Bunny

Bianca
Years
Hey, I am so excited to join this forum! Well, here goes...
Username: Snow Bunny
Partner Pokémon: Sneasel
Team:
Dewgong: Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump
Cloyster: Ice Beam, Icicle Spear, Clamp, Withdrawal
Jynx: Psychic, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Lovely Kiss
Sneasel: Ice Punch, Shadow Claw, Avalanche, Poison Jab
Piloswine: Blizzard, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Slam
Delibird: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Ariel Ace

Topic: I am EXTREMELY upset with the lack of ice pokemon gen 6 has brought. I have many ideas for ice types.. One is an ice/flying type, that is an owl. Another one would be a pure ice type, that resembles an artic wolf, that would be amazing. a few more could be an orca, dolphin, as well as an ice/fairy type that pretty much is a blue colored fair with a wand with a snowflake on the end.
Favorite Ice type move: sheer cold ;)
Why do I love ice types? I love the cold, as well as the snow. Its just so beautiful. Also, water is my other favorite type (after ice) & there are many ice/water types.
(:

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hey, I am so excited to join this forum! Well, here goes...
Username: Snow Bunny
Partner Pokémon: Sneasel
Team:
Dewgong: Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump
Cloyster: Ice Beam, Icicle Spear, Clamp, Withdrawal
Jynx: Psychic, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Lovely Kiss
Sneasel: Ice Punch, Shadow Claw, Avalanche, Poison Jab
Piloswine: Blizzard, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Slam
Delibird: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Ariel Ace

Topic: I am EXTREMELY upset with the lack of ice pokemon gen 6 has brought. I have many ideas for ice types.. One is an ice/flying type, that is an owl. Another one would be a pure ice type, that resembles an artic wolf, that would be amazing. a few more could be an orca, dolphin, as well as an ice/fairy type that pretty much is a blue colored fair with a wand with a snowflake on the end.
Favorite Ice type move: sheer cold ;)
Why do I love ice types? I love the cold, as well as the snow. Its just so beautiful. Also, water is my other favorite type (after ice) & there are many ice/water types.
(:

You were already a member of the club, but thanks for adding more input :)

Snow Bunny

Bianca
Years
What are some ice type pokemon you would like to see in future generations? Any ideas? id like to hear designs as well as type combos!

Also, how would you feel about a region that is based off the north pole? Or any arctic region. There would be many ice types there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Ice-type is the best to use offensively?
Definitely Weavile, in my opinion. It's got access to a ton of powerful attacks in its arsenal; just give it a Life Orb, and it'd be able to take down almost any of your opponents in a heartbeat. I have Weavile in Black 2 at the moment (which I'll transfer to Y once Bank is released) with the following moves: Pursuit, Ice Shard, Night Slash, and Low Kick; it's quite successful. Thanks to its help, I've been able to win a ton of battles online. :]

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Silly me, I should probably answer the topic as well. Offensively, I use the legendary Ice-types like Regice and Kyurem to make a big impact. I also use large Ice-types like Mamoswine, Walrein and Avalugg to help take down opponents. Glaceon, holding an Icy Rock, I use to set up Hail to damage the opponents a bit before using Blizzard and other moves to take my foes down.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally haven't used to Regice before. Its Speed is extremely low, so it's hard to set-up sweeps with it. It does have good defenses, though, so I guess that sort of makes up for it? xD" As for Kyurem, I could definitely agree--out there, it's one of the most amazing offensive ice-types. Its base Attack and Special Attack is 130, which is a lot. Plus, it has a range of moves in its pool to take full advantage of them.

Years
Preferred username Atwilko
Partner Pokémon Lapras
What ice pokemon is best defensively: i think avalugg and froslass are among the best defensive ice-type users because froslass has some handy resistances and immumity's and can be very tricky to take down with destiny bond, and avalugg can take most physical attacks and has rapid spin and recover to keep its health up and provide utility

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username Atwilko
Partner Pokémon Lapras
What ice pokemon is best defensively: i think avalugg and froslass are among the best defensive ice-type users because froslass has some handy resistances and immumity's and can be very tricky to take down with destiny bond, and avalugg can take most physical attacks and has rapid spin and recover to keep its health up and provide utility

Welcome to the club. Lapras, another underutilized Pokemon. I have managed to use her efficiently since I added her to one of my teams, with the addition of Thunderbolt with Hydro Pump and Ice Beam. I haven't used Froslass as much, but I have used Avalugg a bit. He is bulky and I give him at least 1 Water-type move to shake off his weakness to Fire. Makes me want to use a Ice monotype team in battle now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back