• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I believe that there's a possibility of N being a Zoroark. Look at the way his hair is. It's like in a ponytail. Just like Zoroark. The difference is the colour but that could be explained if the other parent had green hair or something or like some green Pokemon. xD
VSN.png
Spr_b_5b_571.png

I have never went on DW before and don't plan to. The only thing I like is the Pokemon artwork. I have totally dropped Pokemon gaming until probably like when another game comes out. x3

I can see the ponytail thing too o.O The DW really has to make this Dream Pals thing better, instead of making people rely on chance of finding your friends.

I got compared to N today...

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Black was pretty fun for a while but the entertainment is starting to run out. It feels like there's not much replay value left. I'm thinking about restarting Heartgold to get my Pokemon fix.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If you can't get much replay value from B/W, then I guess that means you don't just like the game. I can't stand playing HG/SS for even up to Goldenrod/Morty, so I guess there's not much replay value for me in that game either. :x

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Black was pretty fun for a while but the entertainment is starting to run out. It feels like there's not much replay value left. I'm thinking about restarting Heartgold to get my Pokemon fix.

I feel you, brother. Black and White just seem very... one-dimensional, and there is very little to do post-game. The plot is very basic, and it cannot be played more than once. It's almost a massive tutorial.

I also play SS when I want to get my PokéFix, not only because of the easy one-handed playing, great graphics, awesome region, and fantastic music, but ALL of my Pokémon follow me. Isn't that simply the best feature GF has ever implemented into a Pokémon game?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
White didn't provide much replay value for me, either. It's too much of a chore trying to level grind, and there aren't really that many Pokemon I can choose from that I actually like. There's not much to do post-game, either.

Leaf Green and Pearl/Platinum are where I turn to if I want to play Pokemon again.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I still find myself playing White at least once almost every day. Seems like it still holds replay value for me.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years

I feel you, brother. Black and White just seem very... one-dimensional, and there is very little to do post-game. The plot is very basic, and it cannot be played more than once. It's almost a massive tutorial.

I also play SS when I want to get my PokéFix, not only because of the easy one-handed playing, great graphics, awesome region, and fantastic music, but ALL of my Pokémon follow me. Isn't that simply the best feature GF has ever implemented into a Pokémon game?

Yeah, the follow me feature has to be one of my favorites. It's pretty cool to be able to walk and interact with your pokemon. The only thing I can think of right this second that can make it even better would be the ability to ride a pokemon instead of a bike because I'm just itching for a chance to use my shiny Rapidash as a mount. I know it's a bit unlikely but a guy can dream right?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm going to ban you all for talking bad about Gen V. D:<

Although the last Pokemon games I seriously played were Ranger and Mystery Dungeon because I got them for my brithday. :3c

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
I only played MDs Red and Sky.
Ranger? I had to borrow my cousin's. It was fun, actually.

What's so bad about Gen V? I like it, even though some of the Pokemon weren't that original.
I actually always freak out whenever i lose my charger, like, now. xD

Dream World is nice for extra berries, and you can get Pokemon with moves they don't normally learn or abilities they don't normally have(even though they suck :( )

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I've never bothered with the ranger series. The only lead I have about it is from the movie with the water temple... and it was a good movie.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I've actually never played any of the spin-off games like Ranger or Mystery Dungeon before. Are they any good? I've always been just about the main games but I'm curious.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm only a little bit into Mystery Dungeon but I really like Ranger! Plot's a little cheesy but I enjoy the "battling" system. :3 Have you never even played Pokemon Snap though?!

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I like the ranger series, and mystery dungeon. The main games are the best for me though, the others I just play when I'm bored of levelling or something. The plots in pokemon are always... questionable... and the dialog stinks, but its a game, not a movie or a book, so I don't mind.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm only a little bit into Mystery Dungeon but I really like Ranger! Plot's a little cheesy but I enjoy the "battling" system. :3 Have you never even played Pokemon Snap though?!

Nooooo. ;____; I wasn't allowed to own an N64 as a kid so I missed out! I think it's on the Wii VC though and I hear that it's really good so I might try it out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah it's on the virtual console for 10 bucks! I had it as a kid and then re-bought it when I got my Wii, lol. Beat in a day but soooo worth it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My brother played Snap way back in the day... wasn't really my thing.

Neither are most of the other spinoffs... I always thought the concept for Mystery Dungeon was actually pretty stupid *please don't shoot me, lol*. I'm not a fan of "Pokemon without trainers" so the only spinoffs I liked were Colosseum and XD.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Have you never even played Pokemon Snap though?!

I have, but I can never get myself to forget the very-creepy story that I read about somebody else's cartridge. :S If you don't know what I'm talking about, check the spoiler, it's quite lengthy but worth reading, IMO.

Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is it bad that I was bothered because I know the Meowth getting gusted by the Pidgey comes after the small bridge so I'm like "oh that's so unrealistic"? xDDD;

Sabre you seem to like, like...Leaf and hate everything else about Pokemon. D;

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Sabre you seem to like, like...Leaf and hate everything else about Pokemon. D;
Hahaha I second that. Old ladies...

lol did that happen for Halloween, Pelipper Mail? I've played Snap and I can't even imagine myself imagining what you wrote up there.

Years
I actually like the Ranger series very much! Especially the latest one, Guardian Signs~ I've never tried Colosseum and XD as I don't have and wish to buy a GameCube just for those 2 games. Though from watching videos, I found the storyline quite interesting. I have always been a big big fan of PMD. I'm still waiting for the next PMD with BW pokemon. X3

@PelipperMail: OMG that's one MAJOR creepy story. Is it a creepypasta? T~T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back