• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
rng_clubs.png

♠ The Art of RNG ♠​

Welcome to the Art of RNG! Here we will discuss RNG abuse, post our most recent RNG abuses, and complete challenges and then show off our results. If you need actual help with RNG abuse, please review the RNG Guides and feel free to ask any questions here. We would like to encourage you to try on your own first, though, but don't be afraid to ask for help if you are just plain lost. We're here to help and spread the joy of RNG abuse to anyone interested.

Rules
~ If you're asking for help,
- Provide which version of RNG Reporter (or PPRNG for Macs) you're using.
- Provide which version Pokemon game you're playing.
- What are you trying to capture or hatch? What were your results? Explain what you're doing.
- What is your target seed and frame? How are you verifying your seed or frame? If you can provide screenshots of what you're seeing/doing in RNG Reporter, please do so.
- Please don't get frustrated if you're continuously failing. Your first RNG attempts may take several hours or even days. Be polite to those trying to help you.

~ If you're commenting on others' RNG abuses,
- Please don't say "I'll trade ya for that!" or whatever. :(

~ If you're posting your own RNG abuses (not for the challenges),
- Add to the conversation. Don't just post your new Pokemon and nothing else.

RNG Guides
[alink id="RNG Guide"]Trade Corner's Black/White RNG Guide[/alink id]
Everstone's DPPt/HGSS RNG Guide

Notable RNG Abusers

Mac: Owner & Founder Sent to therapy for hitting delay and abusing the RNG
Gonz0: Co-Owner Ace of Spades of RNG Abuse
TwilightBlade: Co-Owner
Rednael: Nub who completed ten challenges
Vaporeon7
Sydian: Hero of Time

Current Discussion Topic

How did you discover RNG? Did someone introduce it to you, did you find it by accident (more or less), or was there some other way? Share your experience!

Judge's Choice

pokeball.gif
272f.gif
pokeball.gif

Zheng'd! | Ludicolo (F) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

OT: Tom | ID: 08716
Modest | Swift Swim
IVs: 31/
0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 36 HP | 252 SpA | 220 Speed
Moveset: Hydro Pump | Giga Drain | Ice Beam | Protect

Chosen by deku: I like a lot about how this Pokemon helped TheGr8 snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at VGC. I love how on the first team you used it on it wasn't much help, but you gave it a second chance on your new team and it managed to save you in a lot of battles. I like how you RNG abused it's IV's to still make it a viable Pokemon even when confused or in a Trick Room. I especially like how you chose for it to be female due to the use of Captivate and Attract by other players. Overall, I really like how every aspect of this Pokemon helped you win when you were stuck in a corner at the VGC.

Current Challenge

Challenge #24: Favoritism! RNG a Pokemon that is based on your favorite character from any media! (Video Game, Book, Movie, TV Series, Manga, etc...)

Completed by: Mac (Golett)

Expires: July 16, 2012 11:59 PM.

All challenges expire at 11:59 PM (UTC-4) of the fifth day.

Past Challenges

Past challenge winners are marked in bold red. Past challenge descriptions can be found when placing your mouse cursor over 'Challenge #'.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
[a id]RNG Guide[/a id]

Pokémon Black/White RNG Guide

[a id]toprng[/a id]

Introduction

It is said that every Pokémon you encounter along your journey of ~epic proportions~ is unique. Your starter Pokémon is "randomly" adamant, female, and likes to run. As it turns out, these events are determined by pseudo random number generators, or the output of a class of mathematical formulas. The word pseudo implies that your game is not really random; the randomness is fake, an illusion. In fact, a very particular pattern exists. With proper knowledge and execution, one can predict when and where shiny, flawless, and other desirable Pokémon exist. This guide will help you learn how to abuse your game's pseudo RNG.

[a id]prereq[/a id]

Pre-requisites for Standard Seed Abuse

— Pokémon Black or Pokémon White
— RNG Reporter (download latest version 9.95 here)
— Nintendo DS Original or Lite is recommended. DSi/3DS will work but have some key differences (click here to read these differences)
— IV Calculator (click to use Metalkid's IV Calculator)
— Your Secret ID (SID), if you desire shiny Pokémon. You can find your SID by using Pokécheck.
— Do NOT use Action Replay, flashcart, or emulator. This guide will not discuss how to RNG abuse while using these devices. You will get weird results.
— MAC Address
— Open Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings from either the Main Menu or through the C-Gear.
— Click the orange box, Options. Click the pink box, System Information.
— Copy the entire MAC Address (ignore the hyphens). Write it down and/or store it somewhere easily accessible (e.g. notepad, word, forum post).
Click for image of how to obtain MAC Address from Nintendo Wi-Fi Settings
— Helpful Pokémon
— Chattering Chatot: Obtain a Chatot (not found in Black/White, but can be obtained in Dream World's Windswept Sky, in 4th Gen, or over Wi-Fi). Teach Chatot the move Chatter. Click on Chatter as if it were an HM. Teach Chatot any custom cry by using your DS microphone. Keep Chatot in your party; if you deposit it, it will forget its custom chatter, so you will have to customize its cry again. *Tip* Get 2 Chatot. You can quickly advance the frame by flipping back and forth between two Chatot.
— Sweet Scenter: Obtain any Pokémon knowing the move Sweet Scent (Foongus level 25; Maractus level 3).
— Synchronizer: Obtain Pokémon with desirable natures (Timid, Jolly, etc) having the ability Synchronize (Munna, Elgyem).
— Quick Egg Hatcher: Obtain a Pokémon with ability Flame Body (Magby, Slugma, Litwick, Larvesta). When in your party, it reduces the amount of steps required to hatch an egg.
— Flier: Obtain any Pokémon knowing HM Fly (Volcarona has Flame Body and can Fly).
— Flawless Parents: Obtain any Ditto and/or parent Pokémon with 30-31 IVs in desirable stats.

[a id]general[/a id]

General Summary of Information

This section will become more useful after you attempt RNG abuse, so you may skip it for now but refer back to it later. Also, if you get confused by certain terminology when doing the Steps, refer back to this general section too!

Definitions

Seed: The number which is fed to the random number generator when the game starts. This number is created by a combination of the time and date the game started, the MAC Address, Keypress, and other Encryption Variables.
IV: This is a Pokémon's individual values created when one first encounters or receives a Pokémon. The IVs are responsible for determining a Pokémon's characteristic, Hidden Power, and variation of stats. IVs range from 0 to 31, where IVs of 30 and 31 are most desired. Flawless Pokémon usually have 5 or 6 stats with IVs of 31. Abusing the IVs is known as Mersenne Twister RNG.
PID: This is a Pokémon's personality value created when one first encounters or receives a Pokémon. The PID is responsible for determining a Pokémon's gender, ability, and shininess. The PID is also responsible for determining Spinda's spots, Unown's letter, and whether Wurmple evolves into a Beautifly or Dustox. Abusing the PID is known as PIDRNG.
Target Time: A date and time you are trying to hit in order to get your desired result. This is the current date and time of your DS system. The target time has nothing to do with your save file's gameplay time.
Target Date: A date you are trying to hit in order to get your desired result. No month or year is "better" or "luckier" than others but it doesn't hurt to search for shiny flawless spreads in multiple months throughout many years.
Initial / Starting Frame: This is the initial PIDRNG Frame for a particular seed. Every seed has its own initial frame. The initial frame ranges from 38 to 60. You use RNG Reporter's 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame' button to find your seed's initial frame.
Target Frame: A frame number you are trying to hit in order to get a desired result. This usually refers to the PIDRNG Frame.
Shifted Frame: This is the initial PIDRNG Frame for a particular seed PLUS whatever PID Frame advancements wandering (moving) trainers have done. Not every area has a Shifted Frame. Areas with no wandering trainers (e.g. Lostlorn Forest) and areas with trainers moving in a looping pattern (e.g. Route 9) will not give you a Shifted Frame. If your Shifted Frame is greater than your Target Frame, either re-save and try to get a lower Shifted Frame or don't use the Seed.
NPCs: Non-player character; also known as wandering trainers. *Tip* When you enter a new route/town, you reset the NPCs. For example, from Striaton City, bike quickly into Route 3 and then save right in front of the Daycare Man holding the egg. Then, power off and do your Egg abusing. This gives you a better chance of the NPCs not moving as you get to the game to collect the egg.
Encounter Slots: Encounter Slots are values that determine what Pokémon will appear depending on the PIDRNG frame on which you encounter it. Encounter Slots range from 0 to 11. They are different for each area. Certain Pokémon appear on certain Encounter Slots. For example, Joltik appears on Slot 0. This information is available under RNG Reporter's 5th Gen tools tab. Click to see: White | Black

Different Pokémon to RNG abuse listed from least difficult to most difficult to do

— Stationary Pokémon (Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Volcarona)
— Gift Pokémon (Starters, Fossils, Magikarp, Dreamyard Monkey Trio; Larvesta Egg too but it has its own method)
— Wondercard Pokémon (Victini)
— Wild Pokémon in areas without moving NPCs using Encounter Slots
— Wild Pokémon in areas with moving NPCs using Encounter Slots
— Egg Abuse
— Swirling Dust / Bubbling Water Spot (Surf/Fish)
— White Forest Abuse (nonshiny and Synchronize)
— Roamer IV and Nature Abuse (nonshiny)
— C-Gear abuse for Entralink Pokémon from the Dream World
— Roamer IV/Nature Shiny Abuse in Snow or Rain

RNG Knowledge

— Standard Seed Abuse: This method of RNG abuse requires precision down to the second. These seeds are determined the second you start your game from the DS menu. They are very easy to hit.
Initial Frame for IVs
— For wild and stationary Pokémon, the initial frame will be 1.
— For hatched Pokémon, the initial frame will be 8.
— For roaming Pokémon, the initial frame will be 1 but slightly different. The speed IV will be put before the SpAtk IV, shifting them to the right.
— RNG Reporter takes into account these changes, so you don't have to worry much about this.
Advancing the IV Frame
— Moving 128 steps with # Pokémon in your party will advance the frame by # Pokémon
— Moving a Pokémon to your party from the PC Box (Withdraw/Move) will advance the frame by 7.
— Entering a battle will advance the frame by approximately 120 frames per second. Not recommended on your DS.
Initial Frame for PID
— The PID, or Personality Value, is responsible for a Pokémon's nature, ability, shiny color, and so on. Click for more details.
— This will vary between 38 to 60 from seed to seed. Always use RNG Reporter to calculate the Initial PID Frame for you.
— Advancing the PID Frame
— Chattering Chatot: After teaching Chatot a recorded Chatter by using your DS microphone, every time you view its summary screen, its custom cry will advance the frame by 1.
— Saving the game will advance the frame by 1.
— Walking in areas with wild Pokémon will advance the frame by 2.
— Turning in areas with wild Pokémon will advance the frame by 2.
— Wandering NPCs will randomly advance the frame.
— Breeding Information
— Do NOT use Power Items. They are not supported and will give you weird results.
— Ditto is considered as the opposite gender of the other Pokémon.
— Ditto is considered as the female when breeding a genderless Pokémon.
— Nidoran and Illumise/Volbeat species are not determined by Gender Ratios listed. They will be listed separately.

[a id]parameters[/a id]Finding Your DS Parameters
Click on the thumbnails on the right for additional guidance!
Images
Colors match!

Step 1
— Obtain a Sweet Scenter. Have it in your party.
— Have a party of 5 or less Pokémon.
— Save your game in Victory Road. You will be catching a wild Pokémon very soon.
— Download and open the RNG Reporter.
— Click the DS Parameters Search button.
Step 1
Step 2
— Enter your game's version and language. Select the DS Type as DS Original/DS Lite (or DSi / 3DS if applicable).
— Enter your entire DS MAC Address (ignore the hyphens).
— Ensure that the Held Buttons are set to None.
— The remaining Seed Encryption variable ranges are the default.
Step 2
Step 3
— The Date and Time is based on the DS's internal clock. For DS Original/Lite, use the clock shown on the menu to hit a time. For DSi/3DS, use an external clock (click for info).
— Choose any Target Date, Hour, Minute, but use 25 Seconds for simplicity reasons.
— In this example, my Target Time is July 20th, 6:13:25. I set my DS clock to July 20th, 6:13:00. Save DS options. Power off. Power on.
— From the DS Main Menu, at the moment the seconds hand clearly hits 25 seconds, click the A button to launch the Pokémon game.
Step 3
Step 4
— Do NOT press any buttons until the white "Pokémon Company, Nintendo" message disappears. You can click A the moment you see the Gamefreak logo and opening cutscene. Load your save file.
— Do NOT launch the C-Gear. Use Sweet Scent immediately to enter a Pokémon battle. Catch that Pokémon.
— Use an IV Calculator to find the Pokémon's IV ranges.
— Input its IV ranges into RNG Reporter.
Step 4
Step 5
— Click the Search button. You should have 1 result. For DS Original/Lite and DSi, the Actual Second should be +1 the second you hit. For 3DS, the Actual Second should be +8 the second you hit.
— If you get 2 or more results, examine the Actual Seconds column. In this example, I clicked A at 25 seconds. I look at the result with 26 seconds. I ignore the second result of 33 seconds.
— Write down your Timer0 value. In this example, my Timer0 value is C7C
Step 5
Step 6
— You will be repeating the process of catching a Pokémon again. Turn off the DS. Turn on the DS.
— While on the DS Main Menu, note the Date/Time. Aim to hit another Target Time.
— In this example, I want to hit a Target Time of July 20th, 6:17:25. Update this new Target Time in RNG Reporter. Erase the IV ranges.
Step 6
Step 7
— Hit that Target Time. Load the game. Sweet Scent a Pokémon. Catch it. Calculate IV Ranges. Enter the IV Ranges. Click Search.
— Note the Actual Second and Timer0 value again. Repeat this capture process 1-5 more tries until you find your most common Timer0 value.
— In this example, on my second try, I get Actual Seconds 26 and Timer0 Value C7C. On my third try, I get a Timer0 value of C7D. I'll be using C7C as it is my more common Timer0 Value. You CANNOT control your Timer0 Value.
Step 7

[a id]troubleshooting[/a id]

What the heck does all of this mean, blade???

— The basic 5th Generation RNG process is: By using your DS's unique parameters, the RNG Reporter will find suitable shiny/IV Target Spreads. You will attempt to hit the Target Time of this Target Spread.
— "Unique?" You MUST use the exact DS system, game file, and its parameters when you are searching for shiny/IV spreads. Changing your DS system or Pokémon version will give you errors. If you have multiple DS systems, they will have different parameters. However, you do not have to find your parameters again if you do a new game.
— "My DS Parameters...." Keep your MAC Address and Timer0 values stored safely either in RNG Reporter, notepad/word, or a forum post/message.
— "Timer0 Values" They should be adjacent, or nearby. DS Original/Lite average Timer0 values in order: C7A, C7B, C7C, C7D, C7E, C7F, C80, C81, C82 and so on.
— "Held Buttons?" Known as Keypresses. More keypresses = More results = more time searching for spreads. You will have the option of searching target spreads with no held buttons and target spreads requiring 1, 2, and up to 3 button combinations. I like to search 1 or 2 Keypresses.
— [a id]Actual Second[/a id]"Target Time..?" Notice the differential of 1 second? When I had hit a Target Second of 25, I got an Actual Second of 26. This means that when you are attempting to hit Target Times, you will click the A button 1 second before your Target Time to make up for this 1 second delay (for 3DS, this will be 8 seconds).
— For example, some flawless spread is at October 12th, 15:26:58. I set my DS clock to 15:26:00 and will click A at 15:26:57. This allows me to hit 15:26:58.

I am not getting any results...

— Make sure that you are hitting the correct military time.
— Make sure that you are not holding any buttons when loading the Pokémon game. After clicking A, allow the white screen and Pokémon Company, Nintendo message to play. You may begin pressing any buttons as soon as the shooting stars / Gamefreak logo plays.
— You do not have to button mash and you should not be. Just hit the target time and normally enter the game world.
— Make sure that you are not turning on the C-Gear or activating Wi-Fi.
— Make sure that you were saved in an area with wild Pokémon (e.g. Victory Road).
— Make sure that you were saved with a prepared party (e.g. Sweet Scenter). Do NOT withdraw party members.
— Make sure you are not walking around. Use Sweet Scent ASAP.
— Make sure you are not attempting RNG abuse while charging the DS.
— Make sure you are using the same DS and Pokémon version you used to obtain your MAC address and DS Parameters.
— Check everything entered in RNG Reporter. The Pokémon version, the language, the MAC address.
— Widen your parameter search range and/or redo your parameter search.
— If all else fails, explain your procedure and problems.

[a id]dsi[/a id]

I am using a DSi (XL) / 3DS...

— This guide is made where I use the original DS system. If you're using a DSi/3DS, you will find different parameters than those in the the Finding Your DS Parameters steps. Despite this change, the overall RNG abusing procedure is the same for any DS system. Be aware of this as you move on to the Capturing and Hatching steps below.
— [a id]clock[/a id]Unlike the DS Original/Lite, the DSi and 3DS do NOT have a clear seconds reading. You will have to synchronize your system's clock with an external clock with a clear seconds reading (e.g. your computer's clock). *Tip* Change DSi/3DS time when your computer clock hits :00 seconds. Then, follow your computer clock. This is an easy way to synchronize clocks but also not mess up your computer's time by much.
— Here are average parameters to help you better judge if you are on the right path. Remember, use the parameters YOU find. Big thanks to chiizu for this research.
— Actual Second
— DSi: takes 1 second to load. Therefore, you need to start 1 second ahead of your target time. Note that some may find actual seconds of 2 or 3. Find your own actual second.
— DSi XL: When the external clock is 00 Seconds and you hit SET, the clock doesn't actually SET it for 1-2 seconds. You should leave an extra minute to observe the 00 rollover on the DSi XL to make sure you hit the seed properly.
— 3DS: takes 8 seconds to load. Therefore, you need to start 8 seconds ahead of your target time.
— Parameters
— JP Black on JP DSi: Timer0: 1237, 1238 || VCount: 8C || VFrame: 9
— JP White on JP DSi and JP 3DS: Timer0: 1232, 1233, 1234 || VCount: 8C || VFrame: 9
— EN White on JP DSi: Timer0: 125F, 1260 || VCount: 8D || VFrame: 8
— EN White on US DSi: Timer0: 12BB || VCount: 90 || VFrame: 8
— EN White (different cartridge) on EU 3DS: Timer0: 12BB || VCount: 90 || VFrame: 8
— EN Black on US DSi: Timer0: 123C || VCount: 8C || VFrame: 8

[a id]capture[/a id]Capturing Flawless Shiny Pokémon
Images
Colors match!
Step 1
— If you just found your DS Parameters, you can click on the "Use Result in Time Finder" button. If not, retrieve your DS Parameters from wherever you saved them.
— Enter your entire MAC Address, Version+language, and DS Type. Don't check Soft Reset.
— Choose your preference for the Keypresses. Click the bubble if your L/R buttons don't work.
— If you found one Timer0 value, input that in twice.
— If you found two Timer0 values, input your Timer0 Minimum and Timer0 Maximum.
— The other settings should be the default, which vary from person to person.
— Use the DS parameters YOU found. Don't necessarily use mine.
Step 1
Step 2
— Go to Capture tab. Customize Year and Month. Make Min/Max Frame as 1.
— Change Method to Gen 5 IVs (Standard Seed) and Encounter Type as Wild Pokémon. Leave Encounter Slot as Any.
— Customize IV ranges.
— Note: If you are attempting to catch a shiny flawless Stationary legend (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Kyurem, Volcarona), you should use Encounter Type Stationary Pokémon instead of Wild Pokémon.
Step 2
Step 3
— If your desired Pokémon can have 2 abilities, specify Ability. Use RNG Reporter's built in Pokédex (on a tab on the main menu) to determine if an Ability is 0 or 1.
— You may specify Nature. Do use a Synchronized Nature of some sort. Synchonizing a nature will greatly improve your odds of finding a good nature shiny. You may check this box: Synchronize Frames Only. Based on my experiences, the Any / Synch / Only setup will net me plenty of available shiny spreads.
— Enter ID/SID. Check the box Search for Nearby Shiny Frame. Enter 300 as Max Shiny Offset. Check the box Use True Minimum Frame.
Step 3
Step 4
— Click Generate. You may have to wait several moments until RNG Reporter finds results. If you are very specific, this search can last for several hours
— Examine the Nearby Shiny column. The higher the nearby shiny frame, the more time it will take to advance to it. I prefer shiny frames under 150, but I am willing to go up to 300.
— Examine the Encounter Slot column. Certain shiny spreads will only have you encounter certain Pokémon. To determine what Pokémon appears on what Encounter Slot, click to see the tables, which are also available from RNG Reporter's main window in the 5th Gen Tools tab: Pokémon White Encounter Slots | Black Encounter Slots.
Step 4
Step 5
— Examine the Date/Time Column. A good second is between 15 to 59. Any second between 0-14 is possible to hit, but time consuming (you have to adjust your DS clock to a whole minute before the Target Time, wait for it to roll over a minute, and then press A 1 second before your Target Second).
— Examine the Keypress column. If you searched for 1, 2, or 3 Keypresses, remember to simultaneously press and hold ALL these buttons properly. Although using No Keypress is easier, you will find fewer available spreads.
— Pick a good seed you can work with. Highlight its row, right click, and click Copy Seed to Clipboard.
Step 5
Step 6
— Minimize the Time Finder window. Return to the main window of RNG Reporter.
— From the dropdown menu, change Method to Gen 5 PIDRNG. Change Encounter Type to Wild Pokémon. Enter your Synch Nature. Enter your ID and SID
— Change Max Results to 300. Copy Paste your Full Seed into Seed(Hex).
— If your Tornadus/Thundurus is roaming the Unova region, check the box. Click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. It will update the Starting Frame box.
Step 6
Step 7
— Click Generate. You can scroll down the generated table until you see and verify that your shiny frame is on this seed (a !!! indicates shiny).
— Save in the location of your desired target with a prepared party of 5 Pokémon or less: Synchronizer in the front, Chattering Chatot, Sweet Scenter, and ideally something to easily capture the target with (e.g. False Swipe or Sleep inducing moves).
— Get your Seed's Date, Time, and any Keypresses (if you have any). These next steps will be a lot like finding your DS Parameters. Do click on the image for this step to see how I've gathered everything from Time Finder (steps 4 and 5) for the Seed I picked, HP Fire.
Step 7
Step 8
— In this example, my Target Date is Dec. 4th, 2011. My Target Time is 13:55:14. I have Keypresses Select and Left.
— Change the DS Clock to Seed's Target Date /Time. In this example, I change the date to Dec. 2 and 13:55:00
— In this example, my Target Second is 14. If you recall how we found a differential of 1 second, I will be pressing A at the DS main menu at this moment: 13:55:13, or the moment the DS clock's second hand hits 13 seconds. You do a similar process.
— As soon as you press A, press and hold all of your Keypress buttons, if your seed requires them. Hold them until you get completely past the until the white "Pokémon Company, Nintendo" message. If you don't have Keypresses, press nothing until after this white message. Continue your file. Do NOT launch C-Gear.
Step 8
Step 9
— Upon entering the game world, immediately press X to pause and access the menu. Open your party. Use Sweet Scent. Catch that Pokémon. Check its IVs with an IV Calculator. If the IVs match that of your Target Frame (in this example, mine should match HP Fire), look for a match on the table.
— Consider looking at the Pokémon's nature, gender, ability, and species (encounter slots). The Pokémon should be 1-10 frames within your Starting Frame.
— If the Pokémon's IVs did not match, reset and retry hitting your Target Time.
— Do NOT save during this process.
Step 9
Step 10
— If you find a match, note what frame number it is on. This is the Shifted Frame. Wandering trainers on the route have slightly shifted your PID Frame.
— Note: If you were in an area where there were no trainers, such as Lostlorn Forest, then you will not have a Shifted Frame. Your match would be the Starting Frame, assuming you hit your Seed / got your desired IVs.
Target Frame minus Shifted Frame. In this example, I caught a Quirky Pokémon, which is Frame 47. I need to advance to Frame 225. Frame 225 - Frame 47 = 178 Chatter Advancements.
Step 10
Step 11
— Turn off your DS. Turn it back on. Change the DS clock back to your Target Time. In this example, I change it back again to 17:22:00. Press A 1 second before your Target Second. In this example, I again hit A at 13 seconds. I do my 2 Keypresses (Select and Left) at this moment until the white message clears.
— You're basically doing step 8 and 9 again. Continue file; don't activate C-Gear. However, instead of immediately using Sweet Scent, immediately press X to pause and open your party. Go the the Chatot. View its summary. Every time you hear Chatot's custom Chatter, the PIDRNG Frame is advanced by 1.
— Do your calculated Chatter advancements now. In this example, I calculated that I must listen to its cry 178 times. Once you're finished with your Chatter advancements, then use Sweet Scent.
— The wild Pokémon should be shiny with your desired IVs. If not, turn off the DS and attempt to hit your Target Time again.
Step 11

[a id]hatch[/a id]Hatching Flawless Shiny Pokémon
Images
Colors match!
Step 1
— Gather good/flawless daycare parents and an Everstone. Know IVs of parents.
— Give Everstone to the parent with a desirable natue. Do NOT give Power Items to the parents. Deposit them into the Daycare and ride around on your bike until they produce an egg.
— Have a party of 5 or less Pokémon, including helpful Pokémon: Chattering Chatot, Quick Egg Hatcher, Flier. Optional: Sweet Scenter.
— Save your game directly in front of the Day-Care Old Man.
— Open the RNG Reporter.
— Click the Time Finder button.
Step 1
Step 2
— Enter your entire MAC Address, Version+language, and DS Type. Don't check Soft Reset.
— Choose your preference for the Keypresses. Click the Skip L\R Buttons box if your L\R buttons don't work.
— If you found one Timer0 value, input that in twice.
— If you found two Timer0 values, input your Timer0 Minimum and Timer0 Maximum.
— The other settings should be the default, which vary from person to person.
— Use the DS parameters YOU found. Don't necessarily use mine.
Step 2
Step 3
— Go to the 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg tab.
— Change Breeding Type to Black/White. Change Everstone into desirable nature. If you're using international parents, then select BW (international). Using international parents will increase your shiny odds.
— Customize Year and Month. Enter Min/Max Frame as 45 to 250. Don't check Use True Minimum Frame.
— Update other checkboxes (if Ditto is a parent, Show offspring's inheritance, or shiny only) as desired.
— Check Shiny Only box if you are going for Shiny Pokémon.
Step 3
Step 4
— Customize Nature, Ability, and Gender Ratio. Use Serebii.net to look up a Pokémon's Gender Ratio. Check Dream World Ability Only if desired. To pass Dream World abilities, the female must have the DW ability and neither parent can be Ditto. Enter your game's ID and SID.
— Use RNG Reporter's built-in Pokedex-IV Checker to check what ability is 0 and 1 for Pokémon with 2 abilities. For example, Solosis's Magic Guard is ability 1.
— Enter IVs of the Parent Pokémon.
— Ditto acts as the opposite gender of the other parent or if genderless breeding, Ditto acts as the female parent.
— Customize IV ranges.
Step 4
Step 5
— Click Generate. You may have to wait several moments until RNG Reporter finds results.
— Examine the Frame column. A good frame number is between 55-100. Anything between 40-55 and 100-250 may be difficult or tedious to hit. Anything under 40 is impossible to hit. I made the criteria 45-250 so you are better aware of this.
— Examine the Date/Time Column. A good second is between 15 to 59. Any second between 0-14 is possible to hit, but time consuming (you have to adjust your DS clock to a whole minute before the Target Time, wait for it to roll over a minute, and then press A).
— Examine the Keypress column. If you searched for 1, 2, or 3 Keypresses, remember to press and hold these buttons properly. Although using No Keypress is easier, you may find fewer available spreads.
Step 5
Step 6
— Pick a good seed you can work with. Highlight its row, right click, and Copy Seed to Clipboard.
— Minimize the Time Finder window. Return to the main window of RNG Reporter.
— From the dropdown menu, change Method to Breeding (BW). If you're using international breeding, just change Method to Breeding (BW, International).
— Change Max Results to 250. Copy Paste your Full Seed into Seed(Hex).
— If your Tornadus/Thundurus is roaming the Unova region, check the box. Click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. It will update the Starting Frame box.
— Enter your ID and SID.
Step 6
Step 7
— Click Generate. Highlight any row, right click, click Display Parents in Search.
— Enter IVs of Female Parent & Male Parent. Click the Get IVs from IVRNG (Frame 8).
— If done correctly, RNG Reporter will show the IVs and Characteristic of the baby Pokémon.
— Scroll down on the table and verify your shiny frame is on this seed (a !!! indicates shiny). In this example, hitting Frame 78 will give us a shiny Timid flawless.
Step 7
Step 8
— Get your Seed's Date, Time, and any Keypresses (as shown in step 5). In this example, I use Seed 0EB92FB3CBE49287, which has Target Date of Dec. 3rd, 2011 and Target Time 13:43:33. I have no Keypresses.
— Change the DS Clock to Seed's Target Date /Time. In this example, I change the date to Dec. 3rd and 13:43:00.
— In this example, my Target Second is 33. If you recall how we found a differential of 1 second, I will be pressing A at the DS main menu at this moment: 13:43:32, or the moment the DS clock's second hand hits 32 seconds.
— As soon as you click A, if applicable, press and hold your Keypress combination if you need to. Hold them until you get completely past the until the white "Pokémon Company, Nintendo" message. If you don't have Keypresses, press nothing until after this white message. Continue your file. Do NOT launch C-Gear.
Step 8
Step 9
— Immediately interact with the Daycare Man and collect the egg. You should have been saved in front of the Daycare Man with your prepared party (of 5 or less Pokémon). Hatch the egg. Do not save during this process.
— Take note of the baby's nature, gender, ability, and characteristics. Take it to the IV judge in the Battle Subway to check its IVs (available after you beat the game).
— Match the baby's nature, gender, ability, and characteristic on the table. If you find a match, note what frame number it is on. This is the Shifted Frame. Wandering trainers on Route 3 have slightly shifted your PID Frame.
Target Frame minus Shifted Frame. In this example, I had hatched a Relaxed Pokémon, which is Frame 50. I need to advance to Frame 78. Frame 78 - Frame 50 = 28 Chatter Advancements.
— If you did not find a match on the table, reset and repeat hitting your Target Time until you find a match.
Step 9
Step 10
— Turn off your DS. Turn it back on. Change the DS clock back to your Target Time. In this example, I change it back again to 13:43:00. Press A 1 second before your Target Second. In this example, I again hit A at 32 seconds. I do no Keypresses at this moment.
— You're basically doing step 8 and 9 again. Continue file; don't activate C-Gear. However, instead of immediately collecting the egg from the Daycare Man, immediately press X to pause and open your party. Go the the Chatot. View its summary. Every time you hear Chatot's custom Chatter, the PIDRNG Frame is advanced by 1.
— Do your calculated Chatter advancements now. In this example, I calculated that I must listen to its cry 20 times. Exit party and immediately collect the egg.
— Hatch the egg. It should hatch into a Shiny. If it did not, reset and try again.
Step 10
Step 11: Optional Shortcut
— Let's say that you have a really troublesome Pokémon to hatch, like Dratini or Larvesta. Upon completing your Chatter advancements, immediately collect the egg. Fly to the Pokémon League. Go to Victory Road and immediately enter a wild Pokémon battle (either by using Sweet Scent or turning your character in place). Catch it and find its approximate IVs.
— Go back to RNG Reporter's Main Menu. From the dropdown menu, change Method to Gen 5 IVs (Standard Seed). Change Starting Frame to 1. Click Generate.
— Look at Frames 14-20. If the caught Pokémon has roughly matching IVs on the table, you have successfully hit your seed. If there is no match, your egg will not be shiny flawless, but this saves you from hatching the wrong one.
Step 11

[a id]thanks[/a id]

Special Thanks ❤

AlexOzzyCake, Gonz0, greg0915, johnny18, Kirozane, Mac of York, miakalina, and twistedpuppy for helping me finish and polish this guide. Danmad1, EmbC, Fluffee, Jolteon*, SCV058, and Sevrah for testing the guide in its early stages. Smogon for the RNG research and original guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
May I join Mac? plz
I hope I'll edit t later with the RNG

Of course you may join! Just post a new post so it'll be easier for me to find. I can't wait to see it!

Challenge #1 is interesting, I'll hit that up soon! I think my target is going to be a Sandshrew. Despite it being my favourite Pokemon, it's also the first one I ever caught; maybe the two are linked! The most recent RNG I did was quite some time ago back when Trade Corner was trying to cheer up Twisted with pink RNGs, but that was a flawless Clefairy <3 Timer0 was kind, it only took one try. But the lack of NPCs in the giant chasm place was useful!

I can't wait to see your Sandshrew! Timer0 is almost never kind to me lately, but neither is delay. The lack of NPCs is quite useful, but I hate having to clear the weather. :(

---

My newest RNG for my lovely Auntie K!

004.png
190.png
004.png

Aipom ♀ Lv. 1
notshiny.png

OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Run Away
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Low Kick, Fake Out, U-turn, Double Hit
Non-Redis

Last edited:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Count me in for this club
Challenge completed :D. Clefairy reminds me of the fun pokemon manga in which Red had a clefairy that clefairy knew how to talk <3. I miss that manga so much.
21bhph.png
35.png
21bhph.png

OT:Tevin l ID:28568 l NN: Pandora
IVs: 31-2-31-31-31-31
Nature: Calm l Ability: Magic Guard
Caught at Mt. Moon

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Congratulations, johnny! Clefairy was almost made for the love ball ^^ You were the first one to complete a challenge, yay!

Luckily, I'm not too far behind... challenge completed!

496.png
25.png
496.png

Pikachu ♀ Lv. 4
notshiny.png

OT: Luna | ID: 04440
Nature: Timid
Ability: Static
IVs: 31, 7, 31, 31, 31, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: ThunderShock, Growl
Non-Redis

Pikachu was always one of my favorites since I first saw the mouse Pokemon in the anime and with Pokemon Yellow! I just love this little mouse and I'd die for a plushie of it, but my wife would never let me live that down! I would have done Charmander, since that's obviously my absolute favorite, but you can't catch him anywhere. :(

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Bro, make me co-owner before I go on hiatus :D

602.gif

31/30/30/31/31/31 Modest, Nest Ball (and yeah, it's shiny)
my very first 5th gen love

edit: since now, on hiatus ^^

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Woot RNG abuse club. I haven't RNG'd anything in the last few days. I'll try and figure something out for the challenge tonight. Most likely it will be 4th gen though.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Bro, make me co-owner before I go on hiatus :D

602.gif

31/30/30/31/31/31 Modest, Nest Ball (and yeah, it's shiny)
my very first 5th gen love

edit: since now, on hiatus ^^

Maybe when you get back ;) Right now I need active help. ^^

Woot RNG abuse club. I haven't RNG'd anything in the last few days. I'll try and figure something out for the challenge tonight. Most likely it will be 4th gen though.

I can't wait to see you come up with, sweet pair! I'm sure it'll be as amazing as you are ;)

EB

Re: World
Years
I think I just found my new clubhouse. ;o

=

Pretty sure I've completed this challenge...

626.gif

31/31/31/22/31/31 - Adamant, Ultra Ball (shiny [no Chatot yet...])

Bouffalant is Tauros reincarnated, which happened to be my all-time favorite G1 Pokémon. (I mean, seriously; what's more bada** than a Tauros with an afro??) The one and only Mac of York guided me through this capture when I needed help--it having been my first time and all--and was very patient in answering all of my questions. Thanks again, dude! <3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I think I just found my new clubhouse. ;o

=

Pretty sure I've completed this challenge...

626.gif

31/31/31/22/31/31 - Adamant, Ultra Ball (shiny [no Chatot yet...])

Bouffalant is Tauros reincarnated, which happened to be my all-time favorite G1 Pokémon. (I mean, seriously; what's more bada** than a Tauros with an afro??) The one and only Mac of York guided me through this capture when I needed help--it having been my first time and all--and was very patient in answering all of my questions. Thanks again, dude! <3

Ha, a newbie to RNG and he already completes the challenge! Glad I could help you! The first RNG is usually one of the most painful, I've found out. Timer0 and your fingers seem to betray you the most at first.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm gonna go ahead and join this <3
Ugh can't RNG right now gtg to school! I'll do it after.

You can RNG now! Get to work ;) Hahaha... I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Anyway, I'd like to open the floor to suggestions for future challenges... if I have a list of them it'd be a lot easier than me just thinking them up.

What would you like to see as a challenge? Post and discuss!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey Mac! I'll join this, just promise not to laugh at my RNG's!
I'll post with my challenge entry (Chikorita) later. For further challenges, hmm.. A seasonal thing, maybe?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Hey Mac! I'll join this, just promise not to laugh at my RNG's!
I'll post with my challenge entry (Chikorita) later. For further challenges, hmm.. A seasonal thing, maybe?

I don't laugh at any RNGs :P A seasonal thing? Like... RNG your favorite winter-like Pokemon... so basically any ice types or winter Deerling... or something.

EB

Years
Ratatat - Billar

What would you like to see as a challenge? Post and discuss!

(1) I think something fun would be seeing how many RNGs we could come up with within a set time period. You could possibly segregate these by type as well. ^.^

(2) Assigning people RNGs they haven't already collected is another slightly less original idea.

(3) Trying to find your seed on the first attempt? (no set time limit; long-standing)

I have a few more ideas, but I'm thinking that most of these challenges would have to be made available for over four days, if not unlimited. Making a checklist of specific accomplishments seems more reasonable for RNGing, imo.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
(1) I think something fun would be seeing how many RNGs we could come up with within a set time period. You could possibly segregate these by type as well. ^.^

(2) Assigning people RNGs they haven't already collected is another slightly less original idea.

(3) Trying to find your seed on the first attempt? (no set time limit; long-standing)

I have a few more ideas, but I'm thinking that most of these challenges would have to be made available for over four days, if not unlimited. Making a checklist of specific accomplishments seems more reasonable for RNGing, imo.

1) That is something we could do as another assignment/challenge thing... but it would be a different category. Honestly though, that sounds insane xD

2) Assigning RNGs? Hmm... honestly I don't want to assign people anything, but I want them to RNG what they want. I am worried that assigning might take away the fun.

3) Now this would only apply for 5th generation, right? You have to find your shifted frame first and all... not sure.

I was mainly thinking of challenges as you are thinking of assignments "RNG a Pokemon that is your least favorite!" or something. I'm not sure at all though.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
I did the challenge!
I have been looking for a favourite pokemon for a long time, I like a lot of pokemon but I never really loved any, until I met Cradily. That's why I RNGd a shiny lileep. I don't really like shiny Cradily though, so I'm gonna do a regular one too, just because I can!

345.png

Lileep
Suction Cups|Careful
31|31|31|3|31|31
Curse|Recover|Toxic|Rock Slide
Hatched in Relic Castle

Last edited:

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
I would like to join!

I chose to RNG breed a Growlithe to complete this challenge because he was my very first favorite Pokémon and will always remain one of my favorites.

Also, would like to say, I'm very proud of this RNG abuse. After a bunch of failed attempts at trying to breed using RNG, this is my first successful abuse while breeding!

004.png
058.gif
004.png

Growlithe
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Jolly | Intimidate | 31 31 31 00 31 31
Flare Blitz | Close Combat | Wild Charge | Bite​

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I did the challenge!
I have been looking for a favourite pokemon for a long time, I like a lot of pokemon but I never really loved any, until I met Cradily. That's why I RNGd a shiny lileep. I don't really like shiny Cradily though, so I'm gonna do a regular one too, just because I can!

345.png

Lileep
Suction Cups|Careful
31|31|31|3|31|31
Curse|Recover|Toxic|Rock Slide
Hatched in Relic Castle

Very nice abuse and great work with completing the challenge! When someone asked me to breed a Lileep one time, I had to look up to see what in the heck it was! xD

I would like to join!

I chose to RNG breed a Growlithe to complete this challenge because he was my very first favorite Pokémon and will always remain one of my favorites.

Also, would like to say, I'm very proud of this RNG abuse. After a bunch of failed attempts at trying to breed using RNG, this is my first successful abuse while breeding!

004.png
058.gif
004.png

Growlithe
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Jolly | Intimidate | 31 31 31 00 31 31
Flare Blitz | Close Combat | Wild Charge | Bite​

Ahh, Growlithe! A very nice choice and an excellent shiny sprite, if I may say so myself. Welcome to the Club and congratulations on completing the challenge!

EB

Years
I was mainly thinking of challenges as you are thinking of assignments "RNG a Pokemon that is your least favorite!" or something. I'm not sure at all though.

1. RNG your favorite Pokémon of the "_____" type!
  2. Prepare for trouble... RNG a Pokémon used by Team Rocket!
  3. Get out of your comfort zone: RNG a Pokémon you've never used before.
  4. Who's your parallel? RNG a Pokémon that matches your personality and explain why you chose said 'mon.
  5. The trusty talisman: RNG a Pokémon you've always relied upon. What about that Pokémon motivates you to where it never seems to leave your side?

Might come up with some more later. But this is more along the lines of what you were looking for, right? =3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back