• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca Or Cheren?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I must not be the norm. This is where my distaste of the legendary monkeys first came to pass, as I was still battling Bianca with only the non-evolved forms and figured I would outmatch her with type, but that proved difficult itself (duh), then I got a surprise critical hit against me that forced me to change my strategy mid-battle. I got down to my final two Pokémon. Not one of my proudest moments.

Cheren on the other hand came at me with all he got, but I knew he was coming after the Legend Badge and made sure I got the right team along for the trip.

So in terms of final storyline battles, I found Bianca's tougher. Given how she seems to act like a pushover, that surprised me.

Cyclone

idk it might depend on the starter. Since you used Emboar, I also did too, and their teams based on the starters and everything else were different for each starter you picked, soo it could just be a matter of which starter was hardest to face on the opposing team, rather than the person maybe.

So while she did have the starter that was the weakest to face, the harder one could actually not be harder against the rest of your team and only the starter... if that makes sense lmao.

Also... the monkeys are not legendary. I'd be afraid if they were. :(

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I choose Bianca because I'm a sexist bish/sarcasm and pretty much always prefer female characters. It was cool having two rivals instead of one though, both with very different reasons for battling. I liked Bianca's less serious approach x3 Cheren (who I also thought was female, Pokemon seems to have a thing for effeminate males) struck me as kind of a snoot. But it's been a while since I've played, so yeah ;A;

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
I definitely love them both, but I'm going to say Bianca because she's just adorbs. <3 :33333 I love her naivete and the fact that she gave up on being the strongest trainer ever, unlike the protag and Cheren; makes her seem like a real person uninjected by the "never give up!" morality that the Pokemon franchise and Japanese games/animes/mangas in general seems so fond of.

Years
I prefer cheren even if he's not a difficult rival.

Bianca is insipid as a trainer. She spends time to cry (team rocket stole the little girl pokemon's, the team rocket stole my pokemon...). I love her when I do not hear about her. She's always too late (not about arrival time but about her pokemon training).

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I like Cheren over Bianca for a few reasons. He's a better rival in general, strong team giving me a challenge. Also I like his personality, serious and likes to study before battles.

Bianca hasn't really given me a challenge, not yet anyway.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Bianca here. The theme fits her perfectly, and I like her attitude. Plus I gotta thank her for giving the starter in B2W2!

I hate Cheren. Why? "We both have [insert badge here], let's see who's stronger". Seriously, like every f-ing Gym he does that.

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Bianca.Same reasons as drgons.
Also I hate Cherens attitude."Bianca you....Are hopeless."
"Professor Juniper?We know who you are."
"Why is the champion goofing off at a place like this?"

Not to mention he doesn't feel like a rival.Bianca feels like a friend , but thats her role.N is supposed to be the villian boss you always fight only to find out that someone else is the boss.Cheren is supposed to be the rival , but all he does , and says is "You beat a gym?I did too.Lets fight now."

A true rival is either extra competetive , or sometimes mocks you.

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I liked Cheren better, I hated Bianca's oversized hair and how she was,
she was so freaking stupid, I wonder if they stereotyped her.

Anyways I like Cheren because he's mellow, plus he doesn't have an
ugly Musharna in the end, I hate that fat pink oaf..

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Anyways I like Cheren because he's mellow, plus he doesn't have an
ugly Musharna in the end, I hate that fat pink oaf..
Did you find it difficult to defeat? I took out a Lv.68 Purugly with mine 20 levels lower in an accidental Trainer encounter by complete chance; I suppose if I lost a battle like that I'd hate it too, but I'd equally be going after one of my own if I didn't already have it.

In other words, maybe Bianca knows what she's doing after all. I can't blame her having Musharna after that win. I still like Cheren better tho.

Cyclone

Years
In other words, maybe Bianca knows what she's doing after all. I can't blame her having Musharna after that win.

I agree with this. I found both my rivals difficult enough, but for the weaker one, Bianca is rather tough. I really enjoyed her whole story the first time around especially, and felt could see why my main character would be friends with her. Cheren was a little too snooty, plus there was something off about his sprite, I can't put my finger on it...

So yeah, Bianca!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I like Cheren better. Bianca was a little too... Innocent like for my taste, and Cheren chased power.

Years
Cheren was too pompous and snooty, obsessed with becoming stronger.

Bianca was an airhead, but her enthusiasm was refreshing. ...At least, as refreshing as a 2D sprite can be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I vastly preferred Bianca. She had a quirky, airhead personality who seemed to lighten the mood whenever she appeared. Her story and her desire to discover who she was is a lot more admirable and original than Cheren's quest to be the best, which has been overdone when it comes to rivals. Cheren's personality was really arrogant in an annoying way. It wasn't at all appealing and he came across as someone I would gladly punch in the face if given the chance. Most of what his character has to say is eye-roll inducing.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
Cheren, she was hard headed, strong and willing to push forward. Not to mention she was an actual challenge and always had your back. And she was sorta cute :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
I personally liked Bianca more. She just livened up the mood a bit, and despite the fact that she was an airhead, she was absolutely adorable, and likeable to me. Though Cheren was pretty cool as well. Though really, really arrogant, to me.

I feel as if they could've gone into more depth about their characters though?? I mean, Cheren seemed like the kind of guy who would be confused whether Team Plasma was right or not and whether he was doing the right things. Bianca, on the other hand, seemed like the kind of girl who would disobey her father no matter what, and I felt that her father kind of let her go too easily??

But this is a kids game, anyway, so this will probably never happen and I'm getting too deep into it now...

Back