• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Anyone know why the Hoenn Trainer Battle Music is in BW2? More subtle hints?
http://youtu.be/AAdNIs3XUKU

I wanna say it's fan made, but the description says "All audio and visual content in this video is property of Nintendo / GameFreak."

Last edited:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
All I can ask for is a secret base.
Maybe have it so it could work without having to connect to people, through the 3DS passby feature, or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty neat to see random people's bases.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Clarification

All I can ask for is a secret base.
Maybe have it so it could work without having to connect to people, through the 3DS passby feature, or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty neat to see random people's bases.

@Kranic: It's called StreetPass. And I wouldn't mind the return of the Pokéwalker's functionality via this feature either, but I don't know if Nintendo would want GameFreak to do that or not…

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
@Kranic: It's called StreetPass. And I wouldn't mind the return of the Pokéwalker's functionality via this feature either, but I don't know if Nintendo would want GameFreak to do that or not…

Nintendo doesn't micro manage GF like that. They only own 1/3 of the company along with creatures inc. and even tho nintendo owns creAtures companies usually let their Subsidiaries run with creative control

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Bottom part would be cool cept general knowledge right now has R/S/E happening at the same time as R/B/Y. Also if we met the Sages we wouldn't know them as they could be a bit younger or have different sprites.

I think they'd just keep the Battle Frontier as the main Post game attraction for R/S/E. Only enhancements I want are with the Decorating your own Secret base.

I'm not even going to try to get into a full-blown argument about how the timeline doesn't necessarily have to be full law but...even if the sages or whomever appeared post game, it doesn't necessarily have to be a complete canon one; look at the Hoenn leaders in BW2 as an example, none appear to have aged at all despite said games taking place how many years later? If they really wanted it to mean full law, they would more than likely make all changes. Either that or Hoenn doesn't have an official place yet.

As for features, I'm still thinking over what other uses secret bases will have. I'm also one looking forward to seeing a mossdeep rocket launch in 3d.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not even going to try to get into a full-blown argument about how the timeline doesn't necessarily have to be full law but...even if the sages or whomever appeared post game, it doesn't necessarily have to be a complete canon one; look at the Hoenn leaders in BW2 as an example, none appear to have aged at all despite said games taking place how many years later? If they really wanted it to mean full law, they would more than likely make all changes. Either that or Hoenn doesn't have an official place yet.

As for features, I'm still thinking over what other uses secret bases will have. I'm also one looking forward to seeing a mossdeep rocket launch in 3d.

Except theres the chance that they wouldn't be sages then. You can justify aging skip, but none of the sages would be sages at that time so they wouldn't be wearing their sage suits or even be known as members of Team Plasma if they weren't scouted. If they were scouted then they'd have been in Unova with Ghetsis.

None of the sprites changed because none of them aged physically enough to need new sprites. Some got changes due to updated uniforms or resprites in the past, but not all of them aged between the game set.

Since the events of R/S are supposed to be before the events of B/W I can't see them putting plasma members in there.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Except theres the chance that they wouldn't be sages then. You can justify aging skip, but none of the sages would be sages at that time so they wouldn't be wearing their sage suits or even be known as members of Team Plasma if they weren't scouted. If they were scouted then they'd have been in Unova with Ghetsis.

None of the sprites changed because none of them aged physically enough to need new sprites. Some got changes due to updated uniforms or resprites in the past, but not all of them aged between the game set.

Since the events of R/S are supposed to be before the events of B/W I can't see them putting plasma members in there.

Oh I didn't mean the sages specifically, haha, I guess that was a bad example for my point. I got a bit wrapped up with that conversation. :P

Going along with all of this, gsc/hgss are 3 years after rby/frlg(and supposedly rse as everyone is saying), dppt take place sometime after them, bw take place years after that, and bw2 are 2 more years after that. That's like 7-8 years at the least? Plenty of time to have a physical appearance change if you ask me, especially considering how old(wattson) and young(flannery) some if the leaders were.

All this aside, I wonder what cameos will appear either way, obviously will have some.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Well if they remake R/S and say it takes place during BW , then the the timeline would change. I don't think it would be that big of deal. There was nothing the forcefully binding gen 1 and gen 3 to the same time periods.

And if that's a problem a sequel would work perfectly. It would take place 7-8 years later so we can have mostly all new gym leader and elite four. So we would get a remake in terms of the same region and same pokemon , but a entirely new game story wise

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Well if they remake R/S and say it takes place during BW , then the the timeline would change. I don't think it would be that big of deal. There was nothing the forcefully binding gen 1 and gen 3 to the same time periods.

That's one of the things I was trying to get at; There's not too much to go by that outright shows that, although people tend to grasp at straws when it comes to that kind of talk either way.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
A Guy Can Dream…

Nintendo doesn't micro manage GF like that. They only own 1/3 of the company along with creatures inc. and even tho nintendo owns creAtures companies usually let their Subsidiaries run with creative control

Well, if Nintendo allowed GameFreak to make this decision by simply ignoring details like this, then I would be happy, capiche?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If RSE does take place is the past it could have the PwT (with Alder participating rather than either Steven or Wallace depending on who they decide to keep).

I just had a though, perhaps they could keep Steven for the Ruby remakeand Wallace for the Sapphire. Steven has to do Steel and precious stones which can be found in the Earth (ground) while Wallace is obvious...plus it could be a small hint to DP remakes...though it could be vice versa like how Hg had Kyogre and Ss had Groudon (aka 1 ( current remake )-2 (future remake) version 2(cr)-1 (fr) version.)

Also whoever says that Gen VI is going to follow B2W2 simply due to all gen V events being released are forgetting that Arcues event was followed by remakes and like four or was it five... events (the last which connected to gen V) for said remakes (Mew, Celebi, Soul Dew, Shiny beasts...which would make it 6, and Manaphy (7)(Idr if this was just japanese or if it came to the Us as I didn't get it...).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If RSE does take place is the past it could have the PwT (with Alder participating rather than either Steven or Wallace depending on who they decide to keep).

I just had a though, perhaps they could keep Steven for the Ruby remakeand Wallace for the Sapphire. Steven has to do Steel and precious stones which can be found in the Earth (ground) while Wallace is obvious...plus it could be a small hint to DP remakes...though it could be vice versa like how Hg had Kyogre and Ss had Groudon (aka 1 ( current remake )-2 (future remake) version 2(cr)-1 (fr) version.)

Also whoever says that Gen VI is going to follow B2W2 simply due to all gen V events being released are forgetting that Arcues event was followed by remakes and like four or was it five... events (the last which connected to gen V) for said remakes (Mew, Celebi, Soul Dew, Shiny beasts...which would make it 6, and Manaphy (7)(Idr if this was just japanese or if it came to the Us as I didn't get it...).

Didn't HG/SS come out before Arceus' official release? Thought his event was for HG/SS. That's why people are saying gen 5 is over and gen 6 is next.

Years
I forget but his movie came out before the remakes were announced...
The last generation to end after the last event of that generation's dex was shown was gen III with Deoxys.

I remember that it activated the HgSs event but iirc you traded it from Pt to do so...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I forget but his movie came out before the remakes were announced...
The last generation to end after the last event of that generation's dex was shown was gen III with Deoxys.

I remember that it activated the HgSs event but iirc you traded it from Pt to do so...

Both movies came at the end of their Generation though. After Deoxys' Movie was the Lucario Movie. After Arceus' movie is Zorua's.

Technically Gen 4 ended earlier than Arceus' revealing as Platinum came before HG/SS. Even though the remake is in Generation 4 its of a Generation 2 game, while Generation 3's remakes came between the main titles and the director's cut so you can't even use that as a comparison. Switch the places of the games and they come out to pretty much the same thing.

Serebii and Bulbapedia have conflicting Event information so I don't know which source to use, but Serebii has Deoxys Event data that predates Pokemon Emerald's release in Japan.

Arceus's event was started in July and ended with the movie in September. I mean both Generations ended as soon as the last Event Pokemon's Movie finished. B/W breaks all normal ideas so while there is still the chance that all the previous info is false, we can't use Event release as a reason cause if we do, then as most others say, Gen 5 has ended when Genesect was released. I say was, cause its already out in Japan just waiting on its movie.

Best Wishes is almost over too apparently and no Anime tie ins have been made yet like Lyra was during the Sinnoh travels. So we aren't getting very positive Anime assistance.

Years
Lyra appeared sometime after HgSs was release irc...
There were several hints in DP's anime as May appeared much like Misty did during the Hoenn saga. Plus Dawn went to Hoenn according to the special, for contests (though...did she take a break,finished, or said special not canon...) like How May went to Johto.
We haven't seen much Gen VI pokémon either... I know Gen IV's anime didn't have any until the end either but it's strange for two generations in a row to wait until the end to show new pokémon...
If anime went to Hoenn much like how there was a return to Kanto in gen III's saga, I have no idea what it'll be about though...I guess they could put Sinnoh/Johto Bf in anime Hoenn ...

I guess if we're going by remakes don't count than this gen is over as of tommorow for us in the US...

I'm hoping that they add some clues either for remakes or gen VI soon as I'm starting to think this is the end...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Lyra appeared sometime after HgSs was release irc...
There were several hints in DP's anime as May appeared much like Misty did during the Hoenn saga. Plus Dawn went to Hoenn according to the special, for contests (though...did she take a break,finished, or said special not canon...) like How May went to Johto.
We haven't seen much Gen VI pokémon either... I know Gen IV's anime didn't have any until the end either but it's strange for two generations in a row to wait until the end to show new pokémon...
If anime went to Hoenn much like how there was a return to Kanto in gen III's saga, I have no idea what it'll be about though...I guess they could put Sinnoh/Johto Bf in anime Hoenn ...

I guess if we're going by remakes don't count than this gen is over as of tommorow for us in the US...

I'm hoping that they add some clues either for remakes or gen VI soon as I'm starting to think this is the end...

Misty being in Hoenn has nothing to do with Gen 4 getting Gen 2 Remakes, neither did May's return in Sinnoh. Those were done for the fans and are two generations away from when the games were even planned. Its just a reoccuring thing that they do. Iris is going to appear in the Generation 6 Anime as at some point near the end.

Lyra in Sinnoh was still a tie in to Heart Gold/Soul Silver. She appears 5 days after the release but was known to appear in that episode weeks before the release. We haven't gotten that information yet. There is also still time before we know if we get Gen 6 or remakes anime wise. There is a year or so before we know if we even get Gen 6 thanks to B2W2.

We'll get the hint in one of the upcoming previews eventually if they plan on doing the Remakes. Especially since the end is close and so far only possible hint shown for what the future holds was
Spoiler:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
So I'm wondering if the remakes are for gen 5, we know its not likely for them to add brand new pokemon to remakes but how would you feel if they added new forms? It could work.
Think about gen 5's trio isn't available in game in BW2 you have to get them using the AR searcher , but if you don't have a 3ds you can still trade them over from BW.
Now lets say for the remakes they have something similar to the AR searcher but focuses on the caves the Regis are in. You can still catch pokemon and get items but you will also be able to catch a new form of the Regis and then transfer all 3 them to RS remake and unlock a new Regigias form.
Of course like the gen 5 trio if you don't have a 3ds you can just transfer them from your copy of BW2
As for what kind of form change there could be, we'll look at the gen 5 trio for an example. At first they were Genies now there more animalistic. So the Regis could be more animalistic . Maybe Regirock can be like some dinosaur because of the stoneage , Rigiice can be like a Mamoth or saber tooth tiger because of the ice age and Registeel can be some type of horse . And the new form of Regigias could be like a silver back gorilla .
Now mind you they would keep its same typing
What do you guys think

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
There is always the possibility of them doing something completely new.

So for all we know they could do remakes, but still add new pokemon... interestingly I just realised this would actually erase the obligation to add another set of starters for the first time while introducing new pokemon! Since the starters would be the good old Hoenn ones.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
There is always the possibility of them doing something completely new.

So for all we know they could do remakes, but still add new pokemon... interestingly I just realised this would actually erase the obligation to add another set of starters for the first time while introducing new pokemon! Since the starters would be the good old Hoenn ones.

That's sounds like a cool idea. But how would they do could you elaborate? Would these new pokemon be evolutions of older ones? How would the game explains why there are all of a sudden new pokemon?
Actually since remakes story lines takes priority over the original ones we technically never been to the hoen region . So the pokemon in the hoen dex now could just be pokemon that made it to other regions there can be plenty of pokemon in the hoen remake that nobody's ever seen before.

That's actually a pretty good idea. The. They could just make an download and play program so we can transfer those pokemon to our older games ( or maybe make it so you need a 3ds app to transfer those pokemon to older games ( Only BW2 th o) )therefore you can sell the games to every one who has a DS, DSI and 3ds ( which will make more money than them just selling it to those with the 3ds) but still giving an awesome new feature for those buys a 3ds( which promotes 3ds sales without alienating anyone)
Of course they would have to do something for random matchup so games without the data can still battle.

But good idea tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back