• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Let's liven this place up!

With PMD Event running: Do you prefer roleplaying as a Pokémon, a Trainer (or neither, I suppose!)?

Gotta admit I prefer being human. Being a Pokémon brings up some odd morality issues, for me, when it comes to romance and stuff o_O I like my characters to have a flirt, a joke and a crush.

Years
I generally prefer to play as a trainer when in a pokemon RP but I don't have a preference between playing in pokemon RPs or other RPs - that just depends on what I think of the RP itself.

There's not really a specific reason for this, I just do.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Welcome Nimsy! (Yes I'm late).

What's everyone's longest RP post? I just posted a JP that was 1663 words long xD

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I personally think it depends on the roleplay. If it's something with a plot such as Oddyssey, I'd prefer a pokemon character, but if it's more of an academy roleplay I like human characters. It's all a matter of circumstance for me.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Swift. I actually favor Trainer over Pokémon RPing in matters of romance. Cause it's rather awkward for me to even considering two Pokémon smooching xD But that doesn't mean I won't be up to doing an RP a la Mystery Dungeon if I think the plot is good and have a decent idea for a character :3

@Mac. Well, this joint post between ChiliDawgs, gimme and I in PTA was 1299 words long, still a couple hundreds under yours and I certainly can't make something bigger than that by myself :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hmm...I am not sure if I'm gonna pull it off and not sure how much time will it consume, but I am seriously reconsidering reviving my Super Smash Bros roleplay. I think I know how to make it work again...maybe a new plot. lol

and will add in new characters Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and that Village Kid from Animal Crossing :3

Quality over quantity, my dear Mac.

I think Sir Bastian and Megan have the longest post I've seen in a while though.

& he was just texting me saying that he had the longest one.

sorry sweetheart but i beat you kthxbai <3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
From my work in progress, the background information:

Spoiler:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Quality over quantity, my dear Mac.

I think Sir Bastian and Megan have the longest post I've seen in a while though.

Hmm...I am not sure if I'm gonna pull it off and not sure how much time will it consume, but I am seriously reconsidering reviving my Super Smash Bros roleplay. I think I know how to make it work again...maybe a new plot. lol

and will add in new characters Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and that Village Kid from Animal Crossing :3

& he was just texting me saying that he had the longest one.

sorry sweetheart but i beat you kthxbai <3

I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF! And yes, I do agree quality over quantity, which is why I don't post that often .xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
My longest post...

Here we are; My First post in an RP called Arcanum. I miss this RP. So. Much. ;___;

I totally remember seeing that post and then not reading it because the length scared me. Lol
Aaaah, that was the only roleplay I've ever used Melody in. She . . . she's a totally different character now, though. That interesting personality of hers got shifted over to her twin sister, lol. Now she's a mute.

My longest post? . . . I have noooooo idea.
But, while searching through some of my posts a second ago, I realized that the latest Pokemon Odyssey is almost two years old and counting. . . . Oh my. ._.;

And, as for the topic before that . . . um, I'm not sure which I'd prefer playing as. Both have their pros and cons. . . . I've played as both in multiple roleplays, and I love a lot of my characters from both sides. It's . . . well, I suppose it doesn't really matter to me. Of course, we're all more familiar with how humans work, but when it comes to making a character---a unique personality that you can enjoy playing as---it doesn't really matter what skin holds them together.

Reactions: SV
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well Swifty, that sounded really awesome at first. Then I got to the part where they were refused food and water. Then it got even better! XD But foh real. Very excellent sounding.

Aha thanks! Although I would hope that people would rather post than miss out and get their character punished XD.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
MEGAFaker?! xD No wonder why they didn't ask their victims for permission lol
Names aside, it sounds like a very awesome idea and would love to join/follow and RP that resolves around a fictional Pokemon world instead of actually being in a world full of Pokemon :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back