• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Dude I'm feeling mistreated and bullied how isnt this feedback???? Now your just trying to silence me. Your not responding to pm so I'm in the "feedback and questions thread" giving my feedback...

Again if I wasn't clear my feedback is.... I feel I'm being bullied and mistreated here. But I guess since the ppl rightfully accusing all are mods I'm by default wrong. Lol what a joke

Much like the first incarnation of this thread, we've decided to post this thread here (again) to gauge how well the user-base (Non-staff) thinks the forum is being run by the staff team, because your opinion is what really matters to us in the long run.

Use this thread to post your honest opinions of how well you think the site is being run. This thread is here because your input is invaluable to the forum running process - we wouldn't be here if not for all of you. If there's anything you feel we could be doing any better, please please please feel free to post it here. If it's something that's bothering you, something you've noticed around PC, etc., it's something worth posting here, basically.

That being said:
Feel free to give feedback for any staff member, Moderator through Site Administrator. Also on the staff in general.
Leave any personal grudges, gripes, disagreements, etc, out of this thread. No exceptions.
Do not rant. This thread is meant have a friendly atmosphere, to be constructive and positive in nature. Again, no exceptions.
Feel free to post your opinions here, but they're not meant to be debated amongst yourselves. Go debate in D&D.
Anything following those rules is constructive & appropriate for this thread. Add anything and everything you'd like!

Alright, I can see how:

I feel I'm being bullied and mistreated here.

... falls under the scope outlined in the OP. There's not much else for me to say that we're very aware of your concerns, and a couple of the staff team have been in touch with you on it (into the night I might add). That is to say, feedback noted, we're working on it (as you already know). To say anymore more would be repeating ourselves or stating the obvious.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I feel like my rating mods thread should be reopened and allowed to stay, this is a feedback thread but I was threatened by finnick odair if I continued to give feedback, so I truly feel instead of feedback moderator evaluation thread is needed. And if not allowed than take the chains off and let us vent out true feedback weather you wanna hear it or not. Some people can give constructive criticism without being negative or rude.

That being said idk how finnick is a super mod and the point of this thread if I cannot give my feedback. Need flash feedback will not always be good especially when mods aren't always fair or right. I feel too many mods have a god complex and throw their weight around if you want more details I'll be glad to elaborate.

Years
I feel like my rating mods thread should be reopened and allowed to stay, this is a feedback thread but I was threatened by finnick odair if I continued to give feedback, so I truly feel instead of feedback moderator evaluation thread is needed. And if not allowed than take the chains off and let us vent out true feedback weather you wanna hear it or not. Some people can give constructive criticism without being negative or rude.

That being said idk how finnick is a super mod and the point of this thread if I cannot give my feedback. Need flash feedback will not always be good especially when mods aren't always fair or right. I feel too many mods have a god complex and throw their weight around if you want more details I'll be glad to elaborate.
I'm really sorry you feel this way. :( However, have you tried to solve thing with Finnick Odair instead of coming into this thread to rant your thoughts? It would be best if you actually spoke with the staff member you're having problems with via private message instead of coming in here to address your problem.

Sure your concern is feedback, but there really isn't a need to be ranting about problems you're having either.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I was going to go into detail with every single staff member, but there's no point. WHY? Because you all do a hell of a job in the sections that you moderate. Every single one of you deserve's super mod. :D.

Anyways, I feel that people who complain about a particular staff member are normally in fault. To get to a point of complaining, they probably screwed up and copped an attitude instead of dealing with it maturely. If you look at a lot of cases where a player is normally bad-mouthing a veteran mod, it's normally because THEY did something to get on their bad list and they are complaining to try and get off of it, or even get the mod removed. It just seems when people complain, it's normally out of personal spite.

Years

I understand how you feel, but as many say if you have a problem with a certain staff member or if you think an infraction you got was unnecessary just contact a smod or admin (orange and red names) and they should be able to help you. Staff usually don't like power-abusing, they just like to help ordinary members such as yourself.

I once had thoughts I was getting power-abused myself almost three years ago, but over time I learned that mods aren't as scary as I first pictured and ended up talking with almost everyone on the staff team at some point or another. My advice would be to start talking with the staff through PMs/VMs and you'll notice they aren't very scary at all, and from what I know Finnick Odair is actually a very nice guy. I've had a few laughs with him every now and then plus I think his smod career is doing pretty well right now.

Remember, once you get to know everyone on the staff team you'll find out they aren't as threatening as you think. It's one thing that takes time I guess.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I wasn't ranting I was giving feedback I believe there should be a mod evaluation thread like I tried to create. Secondly I gave feedback on my negative experience with said mod. With that being said I've handled myself maturely thank you very much. Everyone is different, like i question things and your just kissing up for whatever reason river. Saying every mod deserves a super mod is flat out ridiculous and you can't say the mods are ways right and members are always wrong.That is a outrageous statement. And again look back at evrything I said I've handled myself maturely I never twisted ppls words around like some mods did to me so please be fully knowledgeable on something b4 you make ridiculous comments like that.

I understand how you feel, but as many say if you have a problem with a certain staff member or if you think an infraction you got was unnecessary just contact a smod or admin (orange and red names) and they should be able to help you. Staff usually don't like power-abusing, they just like to help ordinary members such as yourself.

I once had thoughts I was getting power-abused myself almost three years ago, but over time I learned that mods aren't as scary as I first pictured and ended up talking with almost everyone on the staff team at some point or another. My advice would be to start talking with the staff through PMs/VMs and you'll notice they aren't very scary at all, and from what I know Finnick Odair is actually a very nice guy. I've had a few laughs with him every now and then plus I think his smod career is doing pretty well right now.

Remember, once you get to know everyone on the staff team you'll find out they aren't as threatening as you think. It's one thing that takes time I guess.

I'm not scared of any mod hahaha. They abuse power and silence ppl that's wrong, and that's my feedback/gripe not ranting or anything personal although it feels personal on their end.

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Well if anyone is in a good position to give an accurate and fair staff performance evaluation it's probably going to come from someone who's been here less than 2 weeks...unless you have an older account I'm unaware of but even then I feel the need to address this overwhelmingly positive generalization.

Some of the staff may not like me but I truly don't have a problem with the staff or authoritative figures in general. That being said even mods and admins will make mistakes. That goes without saying and applies to all forums not just this one. Staff are usually selected because they've proven to be productive and friendly members over an extended period of time. That doesn't mean that some of them can't be oversensitive, wrong or even abusive of their powers at times. For example if you were in a position of power and you felt slighted by another member in some way even though they technically didn't break any rules, you could still make things difficult for them in passive aggressive ways or by giving them unwarranted infractions and punishments. If you're butting heads with the majority of the staff all the time then maybe you're the problem, but it's not uncommon at all to have an issue or two with staff members here and there, especially the longer you've been a part of a forum. Again this goes for all forums. It's not just regular members who can be difficult or in the wrong in these types of situations.

My first account was made in August 2013. I've been on and off a couple accounts since then.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I wasn't ranting I was giving feedback I believe there should be a mod evaluation thread like I tried to create. Secondly I gave feedback on my negative experience with said mod. With that being said I've handled myself maturely thank you very much. Everyone is different, like i question things and your just kissing up for whatever reason river. Saying every mod deserves a super mod is flat out ridiculous and you can't say the mods are ways right and members are always wrong.That is a outrageous statement. And again look back at evrything I said I've handled myself maturely I never twisted ppls words around like some mods did to me so please be fully knowledgeable on something b4 you make ridiculous comments like that.
Hey there, I know you my be feeling a little frustrated with the situation at hand (perhaps?), so I'll just give you what advice I can! First thing's first, I know you're interested in doing Mod Evaluations, which is great. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you just as much as any other member. This is actually the best place in which to post such evaluations if you would like, that's what this thread is here for. Feedback is just an umbrella term, and under that umbrella is "evaluation". If you're interested in making some evaluations, and wish for them to be in the public eye, then feel free to post those here. If you really feel the need to, you could make a thread about your own personal feedback regarding staff, or your evaluation. Though this is really the best place to host such posts.

If you would rather make some private evaluations, and let the staff discuss them and take heed of your reflection, you can feel free to PM them to myself or any other Super Moderator/Administrator and we'll be sure to post them up in the staff forums. In the same vein, if you have any issues with a particular staff member you can PM the complaint with your reasoning to an S-mod or Admin, again. However as I say, there's no need for a Mod Evaluation thread, only because this thread holds that purpose. I hope that makes sense, perhaps we should make that more clear! Maybe change the title to "Staff Feedback & Evaluation Thread"?

Just one quick thing about staff though, and I'm not trying to defend anyone; most of the staff members that I have interacted with are pretty nice, and approachable people. All I can say is that if you have had any issues with a staff member, there's plenty more to get along with and appreciate. Believe me when I say I don't get along with everyone on my team, but I don't expect to as that's just part of life. We do our best, and in our free time. Just remember that it's unlikely that someone meant to mistreat you, and if you feel they did you know what to do, as I mentioned in my previous paragraph :]

Hopefully that clears up some of your concerns. Feedback is important, and evaluation is part of feedback. We actually allow mods to evaluate the Super Moderators/Administrators whenever they wish to. The same way that this thread exists for members to do about any staff member or staff group. Just remember to keep respectful and approachable so that we can take the criticism from your evaluation in the best positive light and improve ourselves. I look forward to seeing what you have to say though. If you have any other queries or suggestions, feel free to let us know, and have a nice day!

Gexeys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
I think it would be beneficial to both the mods and the members to have the option to give anonymous feedback, and only the site admins would be able to see who made the comments for obvious reasons which as malicious comments. It would be nice for people to express their honest feedback because at the minute this thread feels like a thread where the moderators are always backed up and don't actually receive and take aboard the comments people make. I feel personally if I were to post in here giving my honest feedback that it wouldn't go down well at all and I'd have a lot of personal grudges against me. The moderators would benefit from this also because it would be able to give them a clear head against further involvement with whoever has given them feedback if there is ever an incident. They wont know who posted what comment and they could get the feedback for what it's actually worth rather than what the person is saying. Just my opinion however.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think it would be beneficial to both the mods and the members to have the option to give anonymous feedback, and only the site admins would be able to see who made the comments for obvious reasons which as malicious comments. It would be nice for people to express their honest feedback because at the minute this thread feels like a thread where the moderators are always backed up and don't actually receive and take aboard the comments people make. I feel personally if I were to post in here giving my honest feedback that it wouldn't go down well at all and I'd have a lot of personal grudges against me. The moderators would benefit from this also because it would be able to give them a clear head against further involvement with whoever has given them feedback if there is ever an incident. They wont know who posted what comment and they could get the feedback for what it's actually worth rather than what the person is saying. Just my opinion however.

Retaliating to things said in here in a bad way is the easiest way for us to get fired. Majority of the comments made to the issue before were all pretty much the generic response thats posted in the rules. All feedback is welcomed, good and bad, but there is a difference between giving feedbackand causing drama, insulting someone, or ranting. Rambling on about how you have personal issues is a rant and offers no feedback. These are, as the generic posting goes, best discussed in private through PMs with the moderator in question or with a member of staff of higher rank.

Insulting a moderator for actions taken against you also doesn't add any feedback and is almost a sure fire way to get banned as if you were mad about treatment before and recieved a warning for venting out inappropriately, you definately won't be in a proper mindset to deal with another warning/infraction and would be prone to acting out further. It is again, best to talk to other members of staff, preferably one higher.

As for drama, well thats a by product of the two before, but can be the main target for a post. Most usually through victimization, where you'd play the victim to gain support of others with the sole desire just to cause issues, or through repeated holier than thou posts where you believe you are above internet law.

So long as its not something like those three it should be acceptable. I've acrtually gotten direct feedback from various people, though not through here, but from PMs. Its usually, talk to me more, be more social, post in other sections and become more approachable PMs from very open minded members. These all highlight some of my negative points as a mod, had a few regarding Gen 5 that I seriously do need to do or atleast try to do.

If you feel that there is some lacking component in a mod, say it cause we really do want to hear it. We have a feedback thread just for staff to try and motivate one another. I used to get a few PMs from both high staff and admins on what I need to improve on.

So, ya so long as the intent isn't to cause harm to the mods, then tell us what you feel like we lack and what you think we need to try to do to make your time more enjoyable. Now if you feel uneasy about a direct call out, make the post as vague as possible while still getting your point across. Like name no names but give examples so we can figure out what section and which mod of said section on our own.

Hope this helps.

Years
Since i'm here, I guess it'd be a good idea to go over what I think of the three core mods of the Trade Corner, who i've gotten to talk to on Mibbit a lot the past few weeks.

First we've got CC, or Mac. I'm just gonna call them a he, because he was saying stuff about the Gender Bender things. If he really is a she, you can b***h about it here. Whatever. To say the least, he can be pretty hysterical at times when he's on the chat. He just has a lot to discuss, and all in all I don't have much bad to say about him. One time he even begged me to cuss in chat to test out the censor bypassing and prove it was okay to say certain bad words, and I refused. xD He's quite witty, and I can say i've had fun getting to know him. He does his job there well, that I have to say.

Next up is EV. She has taken good care of the Trade Center, between posting that Trade Reviews forum and having a lot to offer to the trading area. Some of her comments are quite amusing too, and I like her for that. She too has a soft, happy personality, but I've heard her rant about needing Pokémon Bank more times than I care to count. I'm just saying. >_>

And last, but certainly not least, Lilith, aka TwilightBlade. She can get rather emotional at times, but when she's happy, she's one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She's very caring, and it shows because she tries her best to respond to the VMs she gets flooded with. She has made me feel very safe and cared for here. It just makes me feel good inside when she tells me "You're too kind" or anything like that. She has made me go "awwwwwww" more times than one. :) Maybe i'm just a softie for Florida girls, I don't know.

But that's that! All three of these people have done their jobs very well, and i've enjoyed getting to know them. I even nitpicked and briefly mentioned negatives, so there. Hope they like this!

EDIT: EV did point this out in Mibbit just now, but I did forget tabor62. Unfortunately, I don't know him well enough to give an opinion on him. Tabor, if you're seeing this, sorry, bro. =(

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
So, I actually have a complaint!

This complaint goes to the staff who consistently call people out on "mini-modding". I don't think it's a bad thing at all to just direct the person who posted in the wrong area or something. It doesn't need to be a staff member doing this. Anyone can tell a member it's the wrong section and then report it after or whatever. And yet, the staff gets mad and says it's not their job and they need to just report it. Not everyone does it, just something I've noticed in the past few days.

I try and say like:
"Hey, dude! This is in the wrong section, this should go into _______ section. I'll get a mod to move this now"
I've never gotten called out on it, but I've noticed others have which is just silly.

One instance, some staff member made the reply 7 hours after the post was made. Therefore, it wasn't even noticed for a while, so I think it's nice to have a member see it, reply and then report it. So that the person becomes informed sooner and the information just gets relayed quicker.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Thing is, it's a plus one post. It's great that you want to help, and such, but a single post dedicated to "mini modding" is unneeded. In regards to posts that actually still answer the OP, then that's a little more questionable, me thinks.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The reason why staff as a whole has a problem with "mini-modding" and why we put a stop to it is because it's not the member's job to say "this is in the wrong section, it should be moved." While it's super great that we have such helpful members, if they just post saying "this is in the wrong section, it should be moved" or "this thread doesn't fit the rules, it's going to get closed," posts like that don't really add to the thread. They fall under the "SPAM" rule that we have in place because the post is pointless. It might not seem that way, but members don't have the powers to close/move/merge threads. So their posts don't really help matters much and might create more work for the staff team. (For example, if someone is told that their thread will be moved to another section and it actually doesn't fit in that section, two different moderators are going to have to deal with the thread instead of just one. On top of having to take care of the "mini-modding" post.)

Again, it's super great that everyone wants to help each other here on PC. For threads that are in the wrong section or might be closed, the best course of action is to report it and not say anything to the member. This makes the mods' jobs easier because they only have to deal with one problem instead of two or more.

Years
We have had members in the past that mini-mod that actually have acted like actual moderators, so I can clearly see why it's cracked down on here with mini-modding. It's not that difficult to report the post and just leave it be, because the moderator(s) will eventually see the post reported. If one mini-mods instead of reports the post, then the moderator might not see the rule-breaking post as fast as they could if the post was reported.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I don't know, from my perspective, I've just really felt like it's a little strict sometimes. I understand, "This is the wrong section, it should be moved." That's an irrelevant +1 post count.

However, if I say. This is in the wrong section, please keep all trade related threads in the trade section. I'll get a mod to move this thread ASAP.
Then I feel that is different.

Years
We have had members in the past that mini-mod that actually have acted like actual moderators, so I can clearly see why it's cracked down on here with mini-modding. It's not that difficult to report the post and just leave it be, because the moderator(s) will eventually see the post reported. If one mini-mods instead of reports the post, then the moderator might not see the rule-breaking post as fast as they could if the post was reported.

This is so true, I've witnessed several cases of mini-modding and I don't do that stuff because I always use the report button when I spot rule-breaking posts/threads and such. In the past, someone kept mistaking my sent reports as mini-modding (don't know why, but it was definitely weird) but yeah if you mini-mod instead of reporting, the mod might not catch the rule-breaking post as easily.

That's why we have the ability to send reports, it's to help them solve the problem faster.

Years
I don't know, from my perspective, I've just really felt like it's a little strict sometimes. I understand, "This is the wrong section, it should be moved." That's an irrelevant +1 post count.

However, if I say. This is in the wrong section, please keep all trade related threads in the trade section. I'll get a mod to move this thread ASAP.
Then I feel that is different.
The problem with that though is that it may cause the thread creator to be confused, and they may think that you're the moderator, even with you saying you'll get a mod to move the topic to the proper section. It should just be known that it's the moderator's job to handle tasks like that, and not a regular member's. Let us do our job and you can do your part as a member to reporting things to us. Mini-modding just does not contribute to the discussion at all, and it's just a way for users to +1 their post count.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I will say that regarding minimodding, if no staff member's been online for a while (like with your 7 hour example), report it anyway. While the section's mod might be away, hstaff see all reports for the forum at once - and if one thread's getting multiple reports or if reports are piling up, we usually just deal with them. There's never someone too far away.

This is in the wrong section, please keep all trade related threads in the trade section. I'll get a mod to move this thread ASAP.

The issue is that, while you have the best intentions here, you don't actually have the authority to enforce your request that they post in the right section. Your last line shows that, and to a member it'd just come across as "I'm asking you to do something, but I can't do anything about it" which won't be taken very seriously. I know when I've been told, as a member, what to do by another member I've not taken it seriously because the authority isn't there. Direction needs to be left to those who are in a position to enforce it, otherwise we get a lot of members going around telling other members what to do, and that's not a good thing.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh or like I'm belittling you by saying that you don't have the authority, but that's kinda how it is. Help us to help you by reporting things to us and contacting us if need be - taking matters into your own hands gets things messy because you're physically not in a position to do that. ):

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I will say that regarding minimodding, if no staff member's been online for a while (like with your 7 hour example), report it anyway. While the section's mod might be away, hstaff see all reports for the forum at once - and if one thread's getting multiple reports or if reports are piling up, we usually just deal with them. There's never someone too far away.

The issue is that, while you have the best intentions here, you don't actually have the authority to enforce your request that they post in the right section. Your last line shows that, and to a member it'd just come across as "I'm asking you to do something, but I can't do anything about it" which won't be taken very seriously. I know when I've been told, as a member, what to do by another member I've not taken it seriously because the authority isn't there. Direction needs to be left to those who are in a position to enforce it, otherwise we get a lot of members going around telling other members what to do, and that's not a good thing.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh or like I'm belittling you by saying that you don't have the authority, but that's kinda how it is. Help us to help you by reporting things to us and contacting us if need be - taking matters into your own hands gets things messy because you're physically not in a position to do that. ):

Oh no, I undestand. I just have my own opinion. When I see them, I do report them and all that.

Alright last question. Let's say I'm Sheep. Is it mini-modding if I tell them the situation even if nothing regards the welcome lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back