• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen B2W2 Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Just started a couple of days ago - a bit late getting into this game - playing Black 2.

I started with Tepig and got my first gym badge yesterday. I'm now playing with Tepig, Munna, Mareep and Riolu and doing some battles in Virbank Complex before I move onto the next gym :)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Since last time, I have:
-seen all the new unova-dex pokemon
-visited nature preserve; while there, caught the shiny haxorus, AND found a shiny noctowl! So excited!

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Been a while since I updated...

Quick version - finished Route 16 habitat list, did Route 5, went to Driftveil, did the stuff around the city, went in with Leavanny, Lilligant, Azumarill and a newly evolved Vaporeon and demolished Clay's gym (great design - I like the new gym much better than the old one). Up onto Route 6, caught everything, got the Fly and Surf HMs, flew home and worked my way back, exploring all the water routes I'd passed along the way, all the way through to Mistralton Cave (and filled out all the habitat lists along the way). While I was working on the Sewers, avoiding Grimers and looking for a Muk, I happened to talk to the guy on Thumb Pier and found out that the sewers are inaccessible in some seasons, so after I was done with Mistralton Cave, I decided that I'd better go back and finish up my Eevee collection. Spent a couple of days just turning circles in the garden, not even battling anything - just running from everything that wasn't an Eevee. Finally accumulated four good ones (I had already caught three before), mostly neutral or at least not punishing natures and with one Modest that was going to be (and now is) an Espeon. Finished that up the other day, and I've spent the last couple of days evolving them and leveling them up, and am currently traveling with five eeveelutions and Crobat, with two more Eevees in a box, waiting to become Leafeon and Glaceon. All the habitat lists are complete except for Routes 16 and 5, since I haven't yet evolved either of my Minccinos - the female Technician I caught originally or the male Skill Link I got in the Hidden Grotto. I might take the time to do that before I set out for Chargestone Cave, but it's not pressing, since there's no reason to take a Cinccino through there with me anyway. Once I get the Eeveelutions where I want them, I'll rummage through the boxes and put together a team for Chargestone Cave and see if anyone needs some grinding or EV training or new moves or whatnot...

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Battled the Elite 4 again. Won. Started to make a video series "Kicking the Elite 4's A$$." gave up when my arm got tired.

Regards, Chris

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
I finally just bought Pokemon Black 2 with the Target gift card I received from a duplicate Christmas Present. Forgot it sitting in my backpack for like a day and finally begun it earlier today.

Male Trainer, Name: Aidan
Starter: Snivy, Male, Nickname: Envy

Currently location, Floccesy city. I defeated both of Alder's school students and received a medal box from a mysterious stranger. Off to the first gym city.

Current Team:
Snivy| Male| Envy level 12
Rioulo| Female | Witchy Level 9
Pidove| male | Freedom Level 9
Psyduck | Male | Sychidelic Level 5 (I might change that name.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Finished up the Eeveelutions - I leveled them all to at least 25, since they pick up STAB moves there. Just scared up Audinos on Route 16 - it only took about 1 for each level. Vaporeon and Jolteon were already past lvl 25 anyway, so it was just the other three. Did one last round of daily stuff - grottoes, casteliacones, Persephone, the Heart Scale lady, that sort of stuff - then put together a team for Chargestone Cave. Went in initially with one slot open, so I could catch and look at stuff, so I had Trapinch, Leavanny (for False Swipe), Krokorok, Jolteon and Crobat (for Flying back later). Spent a while getting a Timid Joltik and a Relaxed Ferrothorn (I wasn't originally looking for Relaxed, but after I caught it, I considered it and decided that'd be fine) and some Klink or another (not going to evolve it so it doesn't matter). Didn't see a Tynamo, though I didn't much expect to. Surprised to see a Nosepass and went ahead and caught it. Then flew back to the PC. I figured I'd catch any Tynamo I saw, so I didn't really need the extra slot, and it was time to go through the cave and fight the trainers and such. Went in with Trapinch, Krokorok, Crobat, Leavanny, Growlithe and Jolteon. Mostly Trapinch, switched Growlithe in on Ferrothorns and Leavanny in on Drilburs and such. It was a nice trip, all things considered - the team worked well together and the trainers were just the right amount of challenge. Trapinch evolved along the way (which is great, since Vibrava is one of my all-time favorites), and after a bit of backing and forthing, I found and caught a Tynamo on the lowest level. And eventually we arrived in Mistralton. Went around the town and talked to everyone, then tried to figure out what I wanted to do next. Looked up Nosepass, since I've never actually used one, and saw the note to "level up in Chargestone Cave" to evolve it to Probopass, and suddenly remembered that I'd meant to do that with Magneton too, so I took them back in and ground them a bit and leveled and evolved them, and I'm actually planning on taking both of them into Skyla's gym, so that worked out. And that's where I am right now. I'm going to put together a battle team and go all around Route 7, then probably put together a more specialized team and go through Celestial Tower before I do Skyla's gym.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Whats up guys? Just hit a really solid milestone in my pokemon playing career. Beat the Elite 4 for the 500th time overall. Siked to finally hit this achievement, now on to 1000.

Also, as far as ingame stuff goes, I just leveled my Shaymin to lvl100, and the shiny gibble i received
Spoiler:
is well on its way.

Regards, Chris

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Just received my insect badge in Castelia City, I have accidentally put together an ideal team for the taking on the bug type, as for Virbank City's poison gym.

Current Team

Eevee | Male | Bernie Lvl. 19
Growlethe | Male| Josh Lvl. 24
Servine | Male | Envy Lvl. 23
Lucario | Female | Witchy Lvl. 23
Psyduck | Male| Disco Lvl. 23
Tranquill | Male| Freedom Lvl. 25

(Note: My eevee was most recently caught thus it needing to catch up in level).

I have come across a bit of weirdness just now. I am on route 4 on my way to battle that scientist from the sewers. He's standing just above a breeder and a hiker who stand across from each other and both of whom I battled earlier today (and YES I DID SAVE), but just now as I am pursuing the sewer scientist, the breeder challenged me AGAIN!
Is this normal? Or did my game glitch on me?

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Just received my insect badge in Castelia City, I have accidentally put together an ideal team for the taking on the bug type, as for Virbank City's poison gym.

Current Team

Eevee | Male | Bernie Lvl. 19
Growlethe | Male| Josh Lvl. 24
Servine | Male | Envy Lvl. 23
Lucario | Female | Witchy Lvl. 23
Psyduck | Male| Disco Lvl. 23
Tranquill | Male| Freedom Lvl. 25

(Note: My eevee was most recently caught thus it needing to catch up in level).

I have come across a bit of weirdness just now. I am on route 4 on my way to battle that scientist from the sewers. He's standing just above a breeder and a hiker who stand across from each other and both of whom I battled earlier today (and YES I DID SAVE), but just now as I am pursuing the sewer scientist, the breeder challenged me AGAIN!
Is this normal? Or did my game glitch on me?
In Black2/White2, if you walk in front of Breeders even after beating them for a first time they will rechallenge you, your game didn't glitch. =]

Currently working to complete my Dex in Black, since that is where the majority of my Pokemon are. After I receive a Pikachu from the GTS, my Kanto portion will be complete!

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
O_o that's different and can come in handy.
Thank you for clearing that up Zerrah.

Just arrived in Nimbassa City last night before retiring to bed after first exploring the surrounding dessert and battling several roughnecks. I attempted to venture into the relic castle but I severely lack in a good team for battling the psychic type. I must acquire a dark type before returning.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Just caught a shiny Audino on Route 7 in B2. Actually, I'd been expecting to see one sooner or later, just because I've fought so many hundreds of Audinos.

I was leveling up my Deerling to evolve it to a Sawsbuck, since I wanted to maybe take it with me into Reversal Mountain. Running back and forth on the narrow walkway above Route 7, then dropping down to the rustling grass when it appeared, and just somewhere along the way, there it was. Male, level 30, I forget the nature - Relaxed, I think.

Beyond that.... man - it's been a while since I updated. I did put a team together and go through Celestial Tower. Actually, as I do with every new area, I just went far enough to start having encounters, then saved and turned circles and caught and reset until I came up with a Modest Litwick with Flash Fire (to train) and a... Quiet, IIRC... with Flame Body to use as an incubator. Then I fought through the trainers and up to the roof, where I did the same thing until I came up with a Modest Elgyem.

Then it was back to Skyla's gym. I miss the cannons - I just thought that was a really amusing puzzle - but this one was pretty good too. With the choices I had with the expanded dex, the gym was easy. I went in with Jolteon, Probopass, Magnezone and Ampharos, all of them underleveled, as it turned out - they were at about level 30 going in - but if I hadn't gone out of my way to switch up the team, Jolteon would've swept the whole place by himself. As it was, he got most of the experience anyway, though I did send Probopass in a couple of times and used Magnezone against her Skarmory.

Then it was off to Lentimas Town.

I love the whole Sergio Leone feel of that area. Nice addition to Unova. Caught everything in that habitat list - nice stuff, but nothing that really stands out. Then went into Reversal Mountain and met up with Bianca and spent some time going around there, partly exploring, partly trying to stir up dust clouds and hopefully find shards and partly just for the experience, since getting the party healed after every battle makes it much easier to grind. And it was while I was doing that that I thought it might be a good idea to break out that Serene Grace Deerling I caught in a grotto, which meant I had to level it up a bit first, which meant I'd have to go find some Audinos, and Route 7's a good place for that....

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hey guys. Just dropping in.

My shiny Garchomp is around lvl70 and slowly but surely getting close to that mark of pretty solid EVs. It can now take on the E4 if i was looking for raw exp. Counts for both lvl100 and Hall of Fame entrances updated below.

Regards, Chris

Years
A few days ago, I beat the Elite Four and Iris after some heavy training. I am now in the post-game exploring the rest of Unova, including the south-eastern part as well as Black City, Twist Mountain, Icirrus City and Dragonspiral Tower. Also, the season just turned over to Summer and I also caught a few new Pokemon (including backtracking to Route 20 to finally catch Sunkern) and I also followed a Zoroark to N's Castle, battled him and Zekrom before heading to Dragonspiral Tower again and catch Zekrom. I then went back to Giant Chasm and caught myself Kyurem, as well as a Sneasel. I even tested out my newly-caught Zekrom and Kyurem as Black Kyurem. And I also managed to finally meet up with Curtis yesterday to return his Xtransceiver.

My team is:

503.gif

Samurott ♂ Lv72
Hasty nature
Torrent
Somewhat stubborn
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

448.gif

Lucario ♂ Lv74
Jolly nature
Steadfast
Quick to flee
- Aura Sphere
- ThunderPunch
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Punch

609.gif

Chandelure ♀ Lv72
Hasty nature
Flash Fire
Somewhat of a clown
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

530.gif

Excadrill ♀ Lv71
Naive nature
Sand Rush
Capable of taking hits
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws
- Metal Claw

561.gif

Sigilyph ♀ Lv72
Sassy nature
Magic Guard
Somewhat vain
- Psybeam
- Air Cutter
- Reflect
- Fly

407f.gif

Roserade ♀ Lv72
Timid nature
Natural Cure
Impetuos and silly
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Venoshock

I'm considering replacing my Lucario with a Mienshao or Scrafty so I can cut down my Ground weakness that made me struggle against Iris.

Last edited:

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Just beat the Opelucid City Gym and the Humilau City Gym today.
And as I post this, I am on Route 22, battling away.

My current team:
Rio (Lucario) Lv. 47
Evoli (Espeon) Lv. 49
Fastwing ([Female] Unfezant) Lv. 50
Zack Jr. (Serperior) Lv. 47
Flame (Arcanine) Lv. 47
Diggy (Excadrill) Lv. 47

Battling trainers for exp real fast, and then getting on with the story. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
And it's summer in Unova...

Boy - the middle section of this game kind of plods along. I've spent the last few days just making my way from Lentimas Town around and through Undella and.... whatever the name of the walled one is... and to Opelucid City. Caught a lot of nice stuff along the way, including an exceptional Adamant Gligar with an Acrobatics that hits almost as hard as Crobat's now - I can only imagine what it's going to be like as a Gliscor - and an awesome Modest Lapras. Knocked around Opelucid for most of yesterday, then set Black and White up with Deerlings in my parties, so they'd change forme. My Sawsbuck in White is winter forme, and I'm going to leave it that way, but the ones in both Black and Black2 are spring, so I added them to my parties too. Played B2 more last night, then after midnight, played White and Black just long enough to show the new Deerling to the researchers (last one in White, but I started Black later, so it was only the third), then went back to B2 for a while. Spent the early part of the day today finalizing the party, then went into Drayden's gym just a bit ago. Went in with Lapras, Excadrill, Probopass, Scrafty (with Ice Punch), Gothitelle (who has HP Ice) and Crobat (for a possible lead with U-Turn). They were all level 39 or 40, except for Gothitelle, who was 41 because I'd just leveled her up that far so she'd evolve. The trainer pokemon around the area were at about 40, so I figured I was underleveled for the gym, but not by a long way. As it turned out, the underlings all had level 45 or 46 and Drayden's were 46 and 48. I almost left after the first battle to level up some more, but I decided to go for it, and it wasn't a problem. It was mostly Lapras and Scrafty, though everyone did their share, including Crobat, who led against Drayden and 2HKOed his Druddigon with a pair of Acrobatics.

Then we went outside and the sky-ship-thing (which should probably be named the Deus ex Machina) showed up and did its thing, and I saved right then and there.

Edit for update:

Slid around Opelucid and fought the grunts and such - nothing exciting. Then it was off to Humilau City. The Tunnel's pretty cool - it was neat to see Frillishes swimming around. Knocked around the city and caught a Corsola for the Pokedex, then went in and demolished the gym. It was mostly Jolteon and Lilligant, with a bit of an assist from Leavanny and Magnezone. I led with Jolteon, who'd OHKO whatever he could with Discharge or Volt Switch to Lilligant if he couldn't, and then she'd Sleep Powder them, set up a Quiver Dance or two, then generally OHKO them with Energy Ball. Leavanny dealt with Jellicents and Magnezone was just there in case I needed a tank.

Then Hugh showed up and did the Hugh thing (he sort of reminds me of Barry, except that there was something amusing about Barry's hyperactivity, while Hugh, for some reason that sort of eludes me, is just irritating) and it was off to Route 22, to go over and through and around and up and across and back and over and around some more. Still in there now, grinding for levels and hunting for stuff. Already caught a nice Jolly Sneasel, and I'm planning on doing a bit of Battle Subway so I can get a Razor Claw and evolve it. In fact, I think that's the next thing I'll do, since I want to get a Razor Fang and evolve my new Gligar too. Have to put together a Subway team... Anyway though - caught that Sneasel and a Brave female Piloswine (it's potentially just going to sit in a box for now - I really like Mamoswine, but the best Ice attacks it can get are egg moves or learned only by Swinub). And I caught some Delibird or another - it's not as if it makes a lot of difference, and it's just pokedex filler.

Yeah... I think I'll grind a bit more here and make sure I get the Pokedex dealt with, then I'm going to put together a Subway team and get to where I can evolve that Sneasel and the Gligar...

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
So, I was going to complete my Pokedex on my Black version when I realized it would be better to complete it on Black 2 because of the Shiny Charm. I have no idea how I forgot about that. But when I turned Black 2 to see where to start I realized I had never beat the game from my 2nd playthrough on Challenge Mode. Ugh. Well, I guess I should do that first. On top of my Firered Nuzlocke and my Emerald run through for easy dex entries.

OT: Asuna
ID: 20735
Pokedex: 115
Badges: 5

Currently ascending Celestial Tower training these mons:
058.gif

Yamamoto Lv38
Careful @ Charcoal
Fire Fang | Flamethrower
Reversal | Take Down

552.gif

Bolin Lv39
Quirky @ Lucky Egg
Crunch | Sand-Attack
Torment | Dig

549.gif

Petulia Lv39
Timid @ Miracle Seed
Quiver Dance | Giga Drain
Magical Leaf | Synthesis

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
It seems that about all I'm doing lately is Flying around and turning circles and fighting Excadrills.

I'm at Victory Road, and I've been slowly working my way through there, but mostly what I'm doing is grinding and EV training and creating movesets, which requires lots of flying around to move tutors, which in turn requires lots of shards, which in turn requires shard farming in the caves, which means I encounter lots of Excadrills. And every day I have to stop in on Join Avenue, and fight at the Ferris Wheel, and buy stat-reducing berries, and check out all the Grottoes, and... Fly around. A lot.

Route 23 was pretty good, though the music's a bit grating. The entrance to Victory Road was awesome - easily the best yet, with a nice sense of accomplishment without all the rigamarole of past gens. What I've seen of Victory Road so far has been great - I really like seeing multiple environments instead of just one tedious cave network. And I caught an amazing Adamant/Iron Fist Golurk in the first section, so that's good. But then that just became another thing I needed to EV train and create a moveset for, and I spent the last of my yellow shards on Drain Punch, so I'm going to have to go turn circles and hope for shards and fight Excadrills some more. Then get back to Victory Road. After I make my daily pass through Join Avenue. And check all the Grottoes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Finished off Victory Road (or at least I think I did - I might've missed something, and I still need to catch a Zweilous, and there's that cave you can't get into yet, but I assume that'll get dealt with later). I posted my team over here already.

I would go so far as to say I actually liked this Victory Road. There was a time when I would've been satisfied with a Victory Road that just wasn't a huge pain in the butt, but this one was actually pretty cool. Used up eight Revives along the way though - I was at about level 46-49, and the trainers are all at 54-56. The one with the Ampharos was particularly memorable - after that Ampharos took out Excadrill with a Superpower (didn't see that one coming), it got rough. But we made it through, then simply mopped the floor with Hugh and got the Thunderbolt TM (yay!), then I spent a lot of time rearranging movesets. That was the only problem with that Victory Road - I had to use every single damned HM, plus Flash, so when it was all over, I had to fly to Driftveil and forget all those HMs and rebuild the movesets. And now it's back to Flying around and EV training. Working on my newly evolved Weavile and an Absol, and I really want to do something with my new Golurk. And I still need to get back to VR and catch a Zweilous, and hopefully evolve it - I just couldn't stick with a Deino long enough in B/W to get all the way to a Hydreigon. And there are Grottoes to check, and Join Avenue to tend, and the Ferris Wheel battles, and....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back