• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
Well, yeah I wasn't using cheats, but I de-patched the Alpha 2.2 and play the first release, everything went fine and worked good for me. Then when finally finish Viridian Forest (awesome job in there, btw) I patched again Alpha 2.2, so I'm not going into route 23 for a while :)
Great job on Brock's battle, great job on Pewter Museum and hilariosly great job on Alpha 2.2 ending xDD
Can't wait to see new releases.
By the way, how many more releases there will be?

waterworks

Previously Fireworks
Years
Just want to say that after being on a long break and now coming back I am glad to see this hack is still doing well.

Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
Okay, so im like, really bad with computers sometimes, so i have no idea what an ips file is, or how to make it so i can play the game. would someone mind telling me how to do that, since i didn't see anything on how to do that.

iiWUMBOii

I study wumbology
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2013
so, I know nothing about hacking so idk if this is even possible, but do you think you will be adding Johto for the post-game?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Some minor new screens, for anyone that cares:

Magnemites on Route 3!!!

"Hi! I like shorts!

FR/LG slightly changed the line so I changed it to what it is in Red/Blue cause it flows better~

so, I know nothing about hacking so idk if this is even possible, but do
you think you will be adding Johto for the post-game?
No, that would be dumb

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Hi chaos rush! Well done!
You earned my first post! and a fan!
Cant wait for Beta1 :D
Love the music, esp. Green and blue's themes!

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
After a quick 15 minute playthrough, I'm already thinking this is the greatest hack I've ever played. Everything about it's just great. The work you've put into this hack is obvious, and I really can't wait to see what more you do with this. :)

Q-Quan

Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ
Years
If you don't mind me, I think the Gym Leader of Viridian is...
Spoiler:

Also, I love this. I like your idea of that a remake can change more than only minor things to the story!

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
I made a little video about your hack.
Maybe you could use it in your thread to get more audience ;) (if you didn't already make a video about this hack.)
I really like it btw! Looking forward to the completed version!! :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

Because of how there are more trainers than in the original games, the level curve is turning out quite a bit higher than expected... I just did a test run raising three Pokemon evenly, and by the time I reached Ariana at Mt. Moon, all of my Pokemon were Lv18-20.

EDIT: Also, unlike HG/SS, the Rocket Executives will actually have a different battle theme from the Grunts. This is what it will be:
http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/music/368/ariana-archer-giovanni-battle/
I tried to make it sound like a "creepy" version of the original Rocket battle theme.

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
Years
Alrighty, first of all, I must say it looks good.

Second, I patched that with a clean FireRed rom, and there's a black screen on the
Title Screen, which usually happens on Hex editing, while Inserting instead of Overwriting bytes.

Back