• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New evolution methods.

Sirfetch’d

We have seen Pokemon evolve by levelup, stones, trade, interactions, and many more. But each gen there seems to be new methods for evolution. Do you think that we will see a new method? If so what?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't even know what they could possibly add, lmao. Perhaps an evolution based on frustration...like instead of having friendship with the Pokemon, it evolves by having a max dislike of the trainer. That's the only thing I can think of anyway.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They could expand on the "Pokemon in party" evolution. Like Mantyke's.

Other than that, I can't see any other evolution method either. Just expanding on what is already there.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Maybe some Pokemon will evolve by putting them into a Digital capsule that allows tem to evolve into their next stage? I don't know. All the talk about X and Y being digital and whatnot @_@

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

What about a Pokemon that evolves after you streetpass or trade with X amount of people? I know this would not be possible for so many people so you could evolve it by level too. How about a Pokemon that's evolutions type is determined by whatever type it had fainted prior to evolving? That would be creative! You could also have a Pokemon that evolves early if you don't let it faint too much? That could be cool.

Years
I've always hoped for some kind of evolution to be such a weird type of evo.

Example:
Grimer evolves only when he gains a level from the enemy that is 'badly poisoned' (that will trigger the evolution after the battle, if he doesn't faint somewhere later in the battle)

Years
I don't even know what they could possibly add, lmao. Perhaps an evolution based on frustration...like instead of having friendship with the Pokemon, it evolves by having a max dislike of the trainer. That's the only thing I can think of anyway.

I thought of that too before, but now that I think of what it means...

Let's just say that the method of ignoring and purposely making an animal faint to make it stronger wouldn't fly well with PETA. XD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^ Haha that is so true. I'm sure PETA would be all over it!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah we don't need another attack on Pokemon from PETA.

Also, I don't like the idea of evolving through Wi-Fi or Dream World related stuff. Not everyone can do that, and heck, not everyone was able to get Escavalier and Accelgor in gen V because of that weird trade method (though that could be said about any trade evo Pokemon). But I think requiring Dream World or something would be a little mean of them.

Years
Yeah we don't need another attack on Pokemon from PETA.

Also, I don't like the idea of evolving through Wi-Fi or Dream World related stuff. Not everyone can do that, and heck, not everyone was able to get Escavalier and Accelgor in gen V because of that weird trade method (though that could be said about any trade evo Pokemon). But I think requiring Dream World or something would be a little mean of them.

I agree that it would be mean of them. But it would be cool nonetheless!

And I know exactly what you mean too about Accelgor and Escavalier...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I thought we got rid of Team PETA I mean Plasma last gen lol.

Maybe a pokemon evolves though streetpass after interacting with X number of people. If this gen were to have new eeveelutions they need a new method.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I can't really think of any, most have already been implemented. Any other evolution methods would seem to be kind of more annoying to do, like relating to Dream World, or passing people. But I'm kind of expecting GF to have the strangest ways of evolving.
1. Run for EXACTLY 157 steps on Route 2.
2. Do the same thing at night.
3. Now release 5 Pokemon.
4. Now go beat the Elite 4 using only this pokemon and it will evolve.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Is there any pokemon that evolve only in a particular season? If they haven't added that yet I could see them adding it if seasons make a return.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I don't see this happening because isn't making your Pokémon hate you kind of a bad message for the kiddies?

Years
Well, they could add, if they go down the genetics route, some DNA Stone or something along those lines, that would evolve a Pokemon.​

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Maybe a max EV of Attack will allow the pokemon to evolve ~

Back