• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Alright, I'm back with the same problem (well, a similar problem) to the one I had yesterday. The backsprites of all the Fakemon are still weird (Its a case of different palettes. Only really slightly different, but still different) which I think is what our problem is. So what I did was get the frontsprite with the correct palette, and paste the backsprite with the bad pal onto the top, which changed the colours really slightly. Nothing major at all. After that I re-inserted without changing anything. I had all boxes ticked except auto fix pointers, and then once I inserted it, this is what happened:
Spoiler:
This is the original problem:
Spoiler:
And this is the old indexed sprite (the one that had the wrong colours):
Spoiler:
and the new one (the one with the big block around it):
Spoiler:
As you can see, the frontsprite works fine:
Spoiler:
If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. I really really need to get this fixed up. I hope its a fairly easy fix ^^

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Alright, I'm back with the same problem (well, a similar problem) to the one I had yesterday. The backsprites of all the Fakemon are still weird (Its a case of different palettes. Only really slightly different, but still different) which I think is what our problem is. So what I did was get the frontsprite with the correct palette, and paste the backsprite with the bad pal onto the top, which changed the colours really slightly. Nothing major at all. After that I re-inserted without changing anything. I had all boxes ticked except auto fix pointers, and then once I inserted it, this is what happened:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. I really really need to get this fixed up. I hope its a fairly easy fix ^^

Uhm... what sprite(s) are you replacing exactily?

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
I have a(nother) problem with Advance Map, there is a section about Viridian City (modified version) I can't access: it automaticly restarts the game if I cross a certain spot. I don't have any map scripts, I don't have any events that force restart and I never had this problem before (both on VBA 1.72 and 1.8 do the same result). What's wrong?

MegaMaccer

Years
Uhm... what sprite(s) are you replacing exactily?
Well, Goodies did the inserting, and assured me that they were in right. I believe that Freezpool is replacing Wartortle. I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning, but the sprites have been inserted all over the place, not in any real order. So, I'm also looking for a pokedex order editor, if you happen to know where one is? There used to be one floating around here somewhere...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well, Goodies did the inserting, and assured me that they were in right. I believe that Freezpool is replacing Wartortle. I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning, but the sprites have been inserted all over the place, not in any real order. So, I'm also looking for a pokedex order editor, if you happen to know where one is? There used to be one floating around here somewhere...

I mean... what sprites were replaced?
For the PokéDex order editor, take a look at the Toolbox.

I have a(nother) problem with Advance Map, there is a section about Viridian City (modified version) I can't access: it automaticly restarts the game if I cross a certain spot. I don't have any map scripts, I don't have any events that force restart and I never had this problem before (both on VBA 1.72 and 1.8 do the same result). What's wrong?

Most likely a screwed up map. Just to be 100% sure, check a backup and/or clean ROM.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Most likely a screwed up map. Just to be 100% sure, check a backup and/or clean ROM.

Hmmm... I think I'll restart at zero, a fresh Fire Red ROM, but I will still create the same maps. By the way, yesterday it worked perfectly fine, I didn't edit it and today it screwed up. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks HackMew.

MegaMaccer

Years
I mean... what sprites were replaced?
For the PokéDex order editor, take a look at the Toolbox.
*Heads to Toolbox*
For Freezpool, Wartortle was replaced, front and back. Various other sprites were replaced, but there are quite a few other Fakemon that have been inserted. All of them have the same problem with their backsprites, while the frontsprites are fine.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
I have a problem that I used to be able to figure out...but I forgot. :\
When I try to insert a tileset, I get "Palette file not found." What do I do?
I have changed the palette in AdvanceMap, and it should work.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Uh... What exactly is ASM?

ASM stands for Assembly.
It is a much more complicated programing language used for advanced GBA commands.
It is recommended you get yourself acquainted with ROM hacking before you even attempt ASM, as it is one of the most difficult methods out there.
(Well, it would be easier if SOME PEOPLE WOULD POST MORE TUTORIALS (You KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!))

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Why would you want a 4th one?

Well, its for a hack im thinking of. mudkip in mystery dungeon has 4 frames: one standing, the 3 moving. I was wondering if i would insert another frame for it so that I could have all frames instead of cutting one out. Also, I want to change the dimensions from 16x32 to 17x32. Can this be done wihtout bumming up the frame?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

If you see a block around it, then it's probably because the background is the wrong color. The first color in a palette is transparent in the game, so that's the one you should use for the background.

theswordbuggy

Rom Hacker
Years
I have a question. Are we able to ask the people in this community what the story in our hack could be and we can, where do i post a thread so that i could do that.

Thank You,
Sword Buggy

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

Years
I have a question. Are we able to ask the people in this community what the story in our hack could be and we can, where do i post a thread so that i could do that.

Thank You,
Sword Buggy
I'm not sure I exactly understand :\ The Scrapbox is for posting hack ideas, and you don't have to have any media for that section at all. Perhaps thats what you were asking?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

Thank You,
Sword Buggy

Here is where you should go.

I'm not sure I exactly understand :\ The Scrapbox is for posting hack ideas, and you don't have to have any media for that section at all. Perhaps thats what you were asking?

How about next time, if you don't know the answer you don't tell them misleading answers.

So imagine this scenario, if you will:

I'm in a double battle. I have a Dodrio and Marowak. It's turn three; Dodrio's about to die. Dodrio goes first and uses Rest. Next, Marowak uses Swagger on Dodrio to boost its attack for Sleep Talk. My question: The next time he attacks, is there a chance of Dodrio being injured due to Confusion even though he's asleep?

I'd test this myself, but I don't have Platinum yet.

Can I ask, what does this have to do with hacking?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2010
How do i use a warp so that when the player uses the warp he falls from above onto the next map?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well, its for a hack im thinking of. mudkip in mystery dungeon has 4 frames: one standing, the 3 moving. I was wondering if i would insert another frame for it so that I could have all frames instead of cutting one out. Also, I want to change the dimensions from 16x32 to 17x32. Can this be done wihtout bumming up the frame?

It's better if you just cut one out, as having one more frame would require ASM hacking for sure. As for the dimensions, you can't use 17x32 or "weird" dimensions like that. Due to the way the images are loaded, you wouldn't be able to display them properly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Hello. I'm new in room hacking and I have one question. How to reduce ROM size? It's mean final rom size is smaller than before. I think that remove sound and music can help, I'm right? and how do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back