• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyShore

Skarmory 4 Life
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 17, 2020
Uhm, what does it mean when a pkmn you catch has the same color but shines and then when you catch it, it says it has a different OT? Is this a part of the plot that I shouldn't spoil for myself or a random addition?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Uhm, what does it mean when a pkmn you catch has the same color but shines and then when you catch it, it says it has a different OT? Is this a part of the plot that I shouldn't spoil for myself or a random addition?
It is one of the N's Pokémon =) It is a part of story as N always released his team he had against Touya/Touko and since you probably activated Memory Link, you are capable of catching N's Pokémon. And to differ then from the regular Pokémon, they are shining and have N's OT =)

Sirfetch’d

Are N's pokemon gender locked? I know they are shiny locked, but I am curious.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
[
If you are talking about N's Zorua that you get from Rood, its Shiny locked. All of N's Pokemon are Shiny Locked so none of them can be shiny. You'll have to breed for a Shiny Zorua.

Ugh D''= that sucks as that is the one I was speaking of ... I could be SOOOOOO much further along in the game if I'd have known that before I started D''''= but thanks for the info I'd have been doing it for another week before I gave up lol.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2013
Is it ok to play Pokemon White 2 on a DS,or is it meant to be played on the 3DS?

I have both the DS and 3DS.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
So I just beat Black 2 and unlocked Challenge Mode. My question is, if I start a new game will I keep it unlocked and be able to play a full game of Challenge Mode? Or if I delete/write over my save file is challenge mode deactivated?

Can't find a definite answer over the internets and I'm not brave enough to restart my game for nothing.

Thanks in advance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
does the item metronome power up each hit of moves such as rockblast?

Metronome doesn't increase consecutive hits of a single use of a multi-hit move (say Rock Blast hits 3 times. They do roughly the same amount of damage). The only way for Rock Blast, and others like it, to benefit from Metronome is to use it repeatedly, which isn't really recommended, as the Metronome isn't a recommended item in general.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
How to Move all my Pokemon to Black and White 2?

I have over 100 Pokemon I want to move from my White version to my Black 2 version. Do I have to trade them all 1 by 1 ?... :disappoin

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I have over 100 Pokemon I want to move from my White version to my Black 2 version. Do I have to trade them all 1 by 1 ?... :disappoin
Yes. They're same-generation games, so there's no migration option. You probably should use your White game as your Master file, to be honest, because then you don't have to do that work that's... not really for much. Anything from Black2 is usable on White, and the two games can battle with each other.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Metronome doesn't increase consecutive hits of a single use of a multi-hit move (say Rock Blast hits 3 times. They do roughly the same amount of damage). The only way for Rock Blast, and others like it, to benefit from Metronome is to use it repeatedly, which isn't really recommended, as the Metronome isn't a recommended item in general.
Well... if you are battling against E4, it can prove very useful since E4 has the same type of Pokémon ;)
For example, good use of Metronome is Lucario with Shadow Claw battling Shauntal. You keep spamming Shadow Claw and you pretty easily obliterate her team ;)

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Yes. They're same-generation games, so there's no migration option. You probably should use your White game as your Master file, to be honest, because then you don't have to do that work that's... not really for much. Anything from Black2 is usable on White, and the two games can battle with each other.

I have the same problem. I have a complete Pokedex and all my boxes full of pokemon. I would leave white as my master file but can't since white 2 is better.
Better breeding mechanics and plus the shiny charm once you complete the Pokedex. So get started lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
How do my brother and I both play at the same time for BP in the PWT, not the subway. The subway creeps me out...

Years
How do my brother and I both play at the same time for BP in the PWT, not the subway. The subway creeps me out...

I don't think that's a possibility, if you want to team up together you'll have to use the Battle Subway.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back