• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immortality

Years
Ello. I didn't see this subject made before and I think it goes in this part of the forum. Anyways if you had the chance to be immortal wether from a philosophers stone an horcrux vampirism etc etc would you? What do you think is the method with the least amount of negatives? Would you choose to reveal said immortality to the world or just you're precious people?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
The world, I would work on world domination and start out by over centuries earning lots of money THEN I would buy poor countries and turn them into rich countries and a domino effect will happen. This will then stop when I have control over a large portion of the world... Then I can work on education and then technology this providing my countries with advanced.technology allowing me to develop the military and before long I will control most of south America then I would grab ly board and go for a nice paddle.

We're going Toro what we do every night pinky...
Try and take over the world...
Pinky and te brain brain brain pinky and the brain brin brain...

Years
If you had the chance to be immortal whether from a philosophers stone an horcrux vampirism etc etc would you?
Absolutely. I very much would like to be there to see and document the progression of Earth and its inhabitants. Not to mention I'd use it tactfully and be very sneaky about it for fun.

What do you think is the method with the least amount of negatives?
The one where you draw little attention to your endeavours.

Would you choose to reveal said immortality to the world or just your precious people?
Neither, secrecy is important. You'll be hunted and experimented on. Because you can't die, so endless experiments where they'll probably just lock you in a room where you can't escape for like ever.

Khawill

<3
Years
If you had the chance to be immortal whether from a philosophers stone an horcrux vampirism etc etc would you?

Would you choose to reveal said immortality to the world or just your precious people?

Yes I would.

The type in Baccano! Sensing other immortals is the only down side.

I would actually dedicate my immortal life to preventing others from getting it. I wouldn't want anybody to live forever and regret it. (Though I would offer it to people who are close to dying at a young age, and ask them if they truly want to live forever.)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Yes,

if you mean above method i'd have to go with something like a drink or something to become immortal where i have no weakness

I'd keep it for my self and proclaim me to be a God, I'd conquer what I wanted and rule with an Iron Fist, I'd be merciless towards my enemies and demand obedience. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

No, death is simply a part of life and I understand this, besides I think I probably would go insane if I lived forever, and get depressed witnessing bad things happening to the world.

Don't really know, something painless and I only have to do once

No, that's asking for people to put you in a lab and experiment on you, and you probably would be given no choice in the matter.

Years
No, because death is part of our lives and I don't wish to interfere with that fate. Also, as you live, your loved ones will die, which is a painful experience for anybody.

As I've said already, I don't want immortality as being immortal itself is a negative in my opinion.

I wouldn't want anybody to be immortal, including myself.

Years
I guess I would, I love to learn about just about everything and that's more than enough to fill several lifetimes ;)

I think the fountain of youth would be a good example. You live a normal human life and grow old, then at some point when it's time you take a few sips and kind of start over.. but retain all memories etc.

definitly not to the world, though I might pass off the older lifetimes adventures as stories or something to people really close to me...

Years
Actually no, I wouldn't. It'd be nice to live long and enjoy everything, but living that long, don't you think it's boring? They'll come a time when you wish you'd die already, you'll be seeing your loved ones pass away one by one and you can't do anything about it(unless you make them immortal also). Or you'd done everything you can and not be content with it.

I'm not really sure, I guess a vampire. Sure its painful and going out in the sun can hurt you, but why not have boosted speed and strength on top of immortality?

Heck no, do you know how horrible that would be? Everyone will use this to accomplish their greedy needs.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Let's see... yes I would aim to achieve immortality. It's on my "to do" list and I hope to achieve it within the next century. Probably through virtually uploading the brain into a machine or something.

I'm not sure about the positives and negatives of each form of immortality but I sure do like my idea. Sure, you lose the ability to eat, drink, taste and feel things, but you gain a stronger body in return and only need to perform the occasional maintenance task to keep going.

Finally, yes, I would reveal it, but not many people would go through with it probably.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
No. Because it is inevitable that you will get trapped forever. Whether you're held captive by crazies who want to know how you're immortal and how to be as well, being caved in with no way out, or the earth exploding with you floating through space forever..

Well...I would be immortal if I were also given the chance to be a time-traveler as well. Otherwise, no.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I would definitely not want to be immortal in any way, shape, or form, and it's not because of all that "you live then die" bs. I just personally think that life would get too boring. You can only enjoy the world so much, and there's only that much that you can see and do. For me, I wanna enjoy the world while I last, not while it lasts.

Crux

Evermore
Years
If you had the chance to be immortal whether from a philosophers stone, a horcrux vampirism, etc, etc. . . would you?

I. . . Honestly don't know. Immortality is more of a curse then a blessing though, I think. Sure, sure, you could learn so much! But. . . What about when thousands of years have passed by, and you just lose interest? One planet can only keep you for so long

Being a timelord.

Would you choose to reveal said immortality to the world or just you're precious people?

You say this as though you would have many loved ones. Immortality would mean watching every one of them die before your eyes as you hardly aged a day. Or pushing them away, so you didn't have to.

Back