• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Duncey and Fizz you have snagged the last two reservations. However, based on this RPs popularity Scyke and I may increase the number of places, so don't be disheartened yet if the spots are full.

@Heretostay and Genevieve - I will be accepting you guys by the looks of your SUs, but before I do some things need to be cleared up. This RP will be chapter based, and as such everyone will be in the same locations at fairly similar times. The journey begins in Lavaridge and none of you mention that being your starting point. Blaine has gone to Peralburg for some reason and Nylea is in Slateport, which makes the start from Lavarisge a tad difficult.

@Everyone - Just a note, the "other nearby settlements" clause refers to player-made locations. Smaller towns around Lavaridge's proximity that do not actually appear in Canon Hoenn.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
oops sorry thought I put that in.

Edit: Also I got my characters first name from Magic the Gathering cards lol just felt like sharing

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Well thought I might try RPing again so... ya....

Anyway a rough draft that is still a WIP but the over arcing character is what you see now. Most changes will be adding more detail and fixing grammar and spelling... I know no spots are open now (took too long to write) but thought I'd post his character anyway.

Name: Hark Rense

Appearance: Height of 5 feet and 10 inches he has sharp facial features that lead him to look rather average. He has brown hair that is usually in a military style short cut (so he doesn't have to mess with it) and dull blue eyes, which are usually hidden behind a pair of expensive sporty angular sunglasses that has a few small metal add ons and some wires on them. He has a lean muscular build that he keeps up with daily working out routines. However he has no desire to become a muscle bound hunk and works out just enough to keep himself in good shape.

He is usually found wearing a cheap plain black T-shirt with a few burn holes, grease stains, and other marks on them along with boring grey Khaki pants with similar wear. He does replace these shirts but he seems to damage new ones in only a few hours. He does own a sharp black suit that he uses for rare occasions. He carries around a tough pure black backpack that is large. Inside he always has a very duty computer with all sorts of strange equipment he has created. His shoes are just run of the mill sneakers which have seen much better days but haven't completely fallen apart …yet.

His most unique feature is his right arm, from the elbow down it is gone, and however it has been replaced by a mechanical version that was rather primitive. However over the last few years Hark has been modifying it and enhancing this arm with hundreds of upgrades to the point he can move it much like his left arm. This arm is the lride of his inventions so far and he continues to improve it. It's not uncommon to see him walking around with this fake arm limp and random wires hanging from it as he is in the middle of another mod for it. His devotion to his craft and passion is also shown by many scars and burns on his body, most of which are found on his left hand. Lucky he hasn't scarred himself too badly yet so it just gives him a rough and worn look.

Personality: Personality: Hark is a determined individual with a level of genius when it comes to technology. Much of this knowledge is due to his obsessive level of curiously and a desire to create. He is constantly testing equipment, dissecting it, and enhancing things he finds. He has made good friends with several inventors as well as hackers/programmer, who he is constantly mining for knowledge. He has risked his life many a time and has caused himself many wounds over the years from his passion, but this hasn't stopped him. He is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals even it that means risking his own life. However due to his one track mine is knows very little about Pokemon, training them, and why so many people are so obsessed with them.

Hark is quick to judge others and quickly decides if someone is worth his time and intelligence to engage. Hark bases these on his own values self reliance, intelligence, and innovation. He can't stand the basic trainer mentality and thinks of them as mindless cattle to the league, and that they waste any real potential they could have had in his mind. As you can guess this view and the actions that comes from this view means he doesn't have many friends among his peers.

Hark also has a great desire for self reliance and prefers to never need the help of others. This leads to a level of pride and his "I can do it myself I don't need help" attitude. This drives a darker side of his technological obsession: weapon research and development. There is no doubt even the smallest of Pokemon can easily defeat and kill the greatest human fighters. However Hark desires to create a way to give humanity a fighting chance if they ever need it. He jokingly calls this humanity "evolving" to become stronger. He doesn't care that such measures are frowned upon as he sees humanity's over reliance on Pokemon to survive as a symbol of humanity's weakness. He does consider the law and any weapons he does work on is often hidden within another machine (like his arm).

Due to his dislike of current society he has no issues bending or even breaking the rules to see his own goals met. He fully believes in the end justifies the means when it comes to his vision of a new world. This makes him dangerous when this is mixed with his genius, and a level of uncaring he has toward pokemon and people he deems "worthless."

Despite his own desire for self reliance he is quick to protect those closest to him from harm. Hark is quick to form bonds with both people and Pokemon if he lets his guard down, and he knows this. He strives to keep himself in isolation and not to get emotionally invested in his pokemon. This makes him come off as a cold and uncaring person. However if someone can get past this and actually befriend Hark, you will find the good hidden in his heart. To those he values Hark has a deep level of caring for, and will try to protect them the best he can.

Goals: To evolve humanity through technology. To be the man that ushers in a new Era for humanity that is focused on Technology and not "wasteful" activities like Pokemon training, however he understands this is a lofty goal so current he plans to build a business and dominate the technology market.

Brief History: Hark grew a only son to two loving caring parents who were avid Pokemon trainers. At an early age of 7 his parents gave him his first Pokemon: a male Ralts that was the offspring of his mother's Gallade, and his mother's Gardevoir. His parents hoped the early start would give him an advantage over the other kids his age and he would have a leg up to becoming the next champion. Hark was excited and immediately went off to train up his Ralts.

He encountered a Poochyena. Overconfidence and ignorance drove him to try in battle the dark type, which ended in disaster. His Ralts was torn into by the hungry Poochyena, who saw the infant Pokemon as a meal more than an opponent. Seeing the Ralts being mauled Hark recalled his Ralts. However the Poochyena wasn't going to let his meal be stolen and it turned on the young Hark. Tearing at the young boy's arm it finally tore the Pokeball away from Hark's shredded arm and took off with its packaged meal to go. Hark would have bleed to death had his parents hadn't come running (his father's Gardevoir had sensed her baby's distress and quickly ran to save the Ralts with Hark's parents not far behind).

Hark's life was saved but he lost most of his right arm, the Ralts had been killed, and he was broken mentally. Guilt would overwhelm and scar Hark as the event and his feeling of helplessness would sink in. At the same time the medical machines and his primitive replacement arm ignited a curiosity of technology that would consume his life. At first he was determined to find a way to make himself better so he wouldn't need to ever feel so hopeless, but soon the obsession pushed him to dream of so much more.

When he hit 12 he didn't have any interest in becoming a trainer and he was already mastering programming and could make several simple machines like a small motor or a machine like a CD player or can opener from just random parts. His parents would keep trying to push him to be a trainer for several more years but by the time he was 16 they had given up.

He would however "become a trainer" at 18 when he decided he needed to move out of his home town of Lavaridge and really see the world. His "personal defense systems" were still being tested so he decided a Pokemon could be useful, and some free pieces of technology in the form of a Pokedex and Pokeball also drove him to see someone to become of trainer. What pokemon didn't matter to him as he randomly selected a Pokeball without caring what was in it. This would end up haunting Hark as the Pokemon selected was a Female Ralts, and seeing the very type of Pokemon he had failed once would reopen old wounds and pain…

Chosen Starter: Ralts... currently has no name and its personality is unknown. This is all due to the fact Hark hasn't released it yet. He honestly doesn't even know the Pokeball he randomly grabbed contains a Ralts. He was only interested in the pokeball itself and the free Pokedex. Her personality will be revealed in the RP.

Other: His arm is equipped with a retractable blade that appears out the top of his lower arn between his wrist and elbow. To deploy the blade the metal panels on top of his arm flip open and the blade extends forward and out of its cradle in his arm this process takes slightly less than a second from Hark activating the process to the blade locking into position. The blade can be jarred out of position during the deployment so its best to have it deployed before the fight to insure its properly lock prior to use. This was installed for self protection during his journey, and he is pleased with the weapon so far and already has plans to enhance it but lacks the funds and materials.

Hark's sunglasses are modified to give him a HUD that displays information from a wifi device but it doesn't work at this point so the sunglasses just look wierd.

Lastly Hark has a high tolerance to pain since he is constantly subjecting himself to it. It will take an extreme amount of pain to stop or disable him.

Last edited:
Years
Stingray we are currently full sorry. However keep your eyes peeled because we will quite possibly be adding extra slots in the near future.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I know I saw it had filled when I was posting... but you mentioned maybe adding new slots and then there always seems to be thst one person who reserves then drops out or takes a year to make a SU so I posted it anyway to get my foot in the door. Also testing the waters since this is a very non standard character that has a high chance of being rejected alway so... ya...

Years
You picked just the right RP then Stingray. I can see interaction with your character becoming quite interesting.

Also, Scyke and I are indeed going to add new slots. We are just debating how many we will open and who will get them. For those of you who have chosen your starters already their moves and abilities will be posted here soon.

Years
You're accepted Jegretis!

After a few more completed SU's I think I'll submit the IC.

Edit: We have decided to add two new slots. The first we are giving to stingray and the last we have left open to whoever else can get a completed SU in first.

Last edited:
Years
yeah I've got it sorted now Red's, thank you for the advise though :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I just put up my SU, I'm not 100% happy with it so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to take them into consideration. I didn't just want to make a friendly, go-along-with-everything character, wanted to try something a bit different! ;)

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
@Duncey - Nolan seems like an awesome character and certainly different from the norm, I'll accept him! Hopefully his rebellious nature won't get him to too much trouble.

Years
I'm adding Duncey to the list of accepted.
However Duncey, if you want to have Tyrogue it is going to need to be male as Tyrogue is a male only species.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Firstly, I totally think you should allow a female Tyrogue. I never noticed that all four in that family were male only! That's so silly. A female Tyrogue would be badassly awesome.

Secondly, I read all the other SUs now and realized that Stingray's character also is a technology-wiz. I've written my SU to have a girl be like that. Not with a mechanical arm though. She'd have a different goal. So maybe it would be okay (especially since there are others having the goal "be the best trainer" kind of anyways) with two people with similar skills. I guess their personalities (and genders!) would be different enough anyways. Well, ok, she also judges people easily and... Hmm darnit. We'll see and hope they'll seem different enough.

But just so you don't think I copied him or something :3 I wrote my SU up before I read the others. Just have some finishing touches, and the history, to go.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Oh yeah, sorry gimmiepie! I only just realized! Woops! Will go and edit her to a him now!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Duncey just make your Tyrogue a genetically manipulated experiment! <insert mad scientist laugh>

Red just great minds think alike... not knowing your plans for your character either her and Hark can be great allies or rivals. Interested in seeing your character... perhaps they will be the opposite sides of the same coin as Hark is fanatical devoted to improvement through technology.

Years
My SU is done, however since internet is down here I can't post it -_-
(posted from my phone)

Full Name: Ken Darbin

Appearance: Standing at around six foot one, and weighing right around two hundred twenty pounds, Ken's a fairly big guy. His size, pale skin, and blond hair help him to stand out in a crowd whether he wants to or not, so he's come to embrace it; he wears his hair long enough for a shoulder-length ponytail, his face tends to carry enough just enough hair to qualify as a beard rather than stubble, and his sense of fashion tends to be somewhat eye catching, to say the least. If the weather permits he's often wearing flip-flops, canvas shorts, muscle shirts in dark blue, green, or black, and some variety of aloha shirt. His eyes are a sage green.

Fashion statements to tend to fall through when practicality comes into play, however, as his traveling clothes tends to consist of hiking boots, full canvas pants, and at least one waterproof jacket.

Personality: Ken's a big guy with an equally big personality; he's known to laugh often and loudly but just as quick to throw a glare and abrasive words when he feels it's warranted. Often he's seen as energetic, preferring to sprint across town but will walk at more of a meandering gait if he's traveling to places he's never been, or just traveling long distance. He's generally trustworthy but it isn't uncommon for him to forget promises or commitments he's made, but he does genuinely try.

His hobbies include swimming, mountain climbing, betting on televised pokemon battles, and playing card games.

Goal: To see the world! (If pokemon gyms help or present themselves along the way, who's he to say no?)

Brief History: Growing up in Lavaridge town, Ken spent much of his time in the nearby mountains, poking around, becoming familiar with the local pokemon, and otherwise exploring. Living such a life, Ken got a taste for adventure fairly early on, although the trainer bug never really bit him and as such he never really had the great pokemon adventure that all the magazines and TV shows said he should have, but largely it didn't bother him. He mostly enjoyed himself working as an attendant at the Pokemart in town and continuing his ever-expanding exploration of the areas surrounding his home. All this changed when, while wandering through a previously unexplored (at least by him) mountain cave, he discovered a sleeping larvitar. After observing the little pokemon for what felt like hours, it awoke and chased him back to town, eventually tackling him to retrieve the handful of berries he happened to be carrying in his pack.

After that the little thing wouldn't leave him alone so after a couple of weeks of caring for it while simultaneously trying to get it to go back to the mountains, he eventually broke down and bought a pokeball for the little guy. Once he realized that he did, in fact, have his own pokemon, he decided to go forth and finally see the rest of the region for himself (If accepted, I'd likely start RPing here).

Chosen Starter: Larvitar named Rexus

Other: Void

Last edited:
Years
@Red's - If Duncey was dead set on that, I'd be okay with it if I had to be, but clearly that's not the case. As for your character, so long as they aren't the same character with different bits I'm fine with that.

@Duncey - all good :)

@Crushgaunt - Accepted. Welcome to the RP

@Heretostay - Well that is an interesting start haha! Accepted.

Edit: I'll be submitting the IC today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back