• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
2 quick question about the world
1 - will it be possible to surf from continent to continent?
2 - for kanto/johto, there is over half of that continent not used. i assume that that is the new region?
1 quick question about something else
usually by the time that i get to the elite four, i have pokemon that are in their lvl 50 range. how are you going to adjust the levels of the other regions? if your lvl 60 by the time that you get to the second region, then everything is going to be wacked, because its not really going to be the same pokemon wise. i'm not going to find a lvl 3 zigzagoon if i'm lvl 60. it would be complete overkill. and if you make it a lvl 60 zigzagoon, you do'nt find those. if make it so that you get a completely new pokemon team, then what is really the point of training your old pokemon to super strength? additionally, the legendary pokemon would be power skewed in the later worlds

ok, maybe a not so quick question. i hope i made myself clear, otherwise i'll say it again

1.Yes, surfinf from continent from continent is possible, but its very dangerous, and very very time consuming.

2.Um, no, no new regions, I just did that to make it look like a continent.

3. Well, when you catch a pokemon in "lets say" Kanto, and when you get to johto, the game will check to see if you have any pokemon from any previous regions. Then, if its your first time entering a new region, you can still bring all your high level pokemon. BUT, like I said, if its your first time entering Johto, or any other regions, you will only be able to "use" pokemon that are at level 20 or lower, because you haven't defeated the first gym yet. But after you defeat the gym leader, and when the level cap for battle-able pokemon is raised, you can bring in higher level pokemon to fight with. Do ya get it?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
well, i get it, however then that seems to say that the power of the previous badges is nullified
and as i said before, it kinda defeats the purpose of powering up ur pokemon if you have to make a new team later.w hile you could keep only the strongest, and make an ultimate team, that wouldn't relaly help because you'd already have everything
do you get a enw starter every time you enter a region?

Captain Arcane

Years
Well, lets say you went to johto for the first time, obviously you wouldn't be able to use your high level pokemon. But you are still able to bring them there. But you could go back to Kanto or the orange islands and you could use all your pokemon.

And yes, you will get new starters every region. But I don't know what I should give for the Orange Islands, Orre, and Fiore. Any ideas?

Captain Arcane

Years
Cap'n is this game going to have EVs?

I can't say for sure, though I do want them in. But I would definatley say that they are most likely going to be in. Along with IV's and the whole shabang!

Edit: Its funny, before you asked that, I was looking up on EV's and IV's and all that stuff to see whole they worked internaly.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
No, your maps are fine, I think that it will take an age to map it all from scratch, so you should mabe do one region out of previous maps that nintendo made?

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
No, your maps are fine, I think that it will take an age to map it all from scratch, so you should mabe do one region out of previous maps that nintendo made?
That wouldn't be very possible if he wants the game to look real. He's already decided on custom Kanto maps, Johto's will need to be made, if he uses Nintendo's Hoenn, there would be extreme style mixing which would equal bad looking maps, Orre and Fiore have to be made, and Sinnoh's are different style and impossible to rip. So...does that answer your question?

Captain Arcane

Years
Oh no, jonsploder, to me, thats way out of the question. I will not allow an original map, they are to small, and "way" unrealistic. Plus, it would look really bad if your playing a game with all these big realistic looking towns, and then find a city with only 3 houses, including pokemon center and mart. That would be degrading, top grade crap.

Captain Arcane

Years
Well, I'm not to sure how many maps I've done, some are complete, some are not, but I have done a whole lot. Infact, I should probably finish Kanto's Safari Zone....(its really big) But by playable do you mean walk around in, then yes. Every map that I have posted you can walk in. Go in buildings, and go into other maps.

But im still adding NPC sprites. I have to make a lot of different NPC's, and then I have to place them on the map. Also, you cannot talk to anyone yet, because I have not finished the font for the game, but thats just about done.

Also about the demo. I'm pretty sure that everyone wants the people, including your character to walk by tiles. But, right now I'm having a problem with the tile movement script, which sets back the demo. I'm trying to figure out the problem, but so far I'm having no luck. And there's also another delay. Some of the NPC's are loosing their obstruction (blocking), and I'm also having trouble figuring that out, so that too sets back the demo. But don't worry, I'm working very hard to try and figure these problems, and hopefully I'll get the problems fixed soon.

EDIT: I have just fixed the NPC obstruction problem. Wooot!!!! one problem down, another one to go! ^_^

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

Years
Demo News
Thanks to the help of a guy I know called Radnen, the tile movement bug is fixed. But there are a few things that are a bit complicated, so the demo will be released without tile movement. But at least be happy that the problem is fixed, right? So, things are looking up for the demo, and since there are no more problems in my path, the demo can be released sooner, way sooner than expected. But I still have no confirmation date of when it will be.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Oh, that stinks. I would love to play the game but I don't have sphere either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back