• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What's your favorite Emulator

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
What emulator do prefer to use? PS1 emus? Gameboy emus? DS emus? N64 emus? What's your favorite and why?

NOTE: Sorry for posting in the wrong section if it is. I see no where else to post it though. I apologize in advance if it's closed due to my negligence. :nervous:

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
Erm.. On my laptop I use VisualBoy Advance for GBA and No$GBA for DS games.
On my PSP, I use UO gPSP Kai for GBA
On my Samsung Galaxy Mini, I use My Boy! Free for GBA games and Nds4droid for DS games
(albeit nds4droid won't run properly on on my device)
On my non-Android yet Java capable phone (SE K800i), I use MeBoy to play atleast GBC games...

Yeah, I use a lot so I can play whatever the circumstances are...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I honestly prefer VBA Link for GB/GBA and DeSmuMe for DS. Other than those and for the few GC games I've played I used Dolphin cause I don't know any other.

For N64 Project 64 and I happen to have a SNES Emulator lying around in the computer but IDK what's its name and I've long lost it.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I use VBA-M for emulating Gameboy Advance games. I also use it to emulate GBC games. xD

And I use Desmume for NDS games. Those are the only emulators I use because I also have a life.

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
I use VBA for GBA games primarily for the ease of code use. I prefer NO$GBA speed but loath the inability to have a decent amount of usable codes.

I used to use NO$GBA for my DS games but recently came upon DeSmuME and love it's save capabilities. Much more user friendly and just easier to handle over all :)

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
For my computer I use VBA for gba games,Desmume for nds games,project 64 for n64
For my tablet I use gameboid for gba games,Nds4droid for nds games (Almost there it runs fast now),N64oid for n64,Gbcoid for gb/gbc,Nesoid for nes and SNesoid for snes
For my psp uo gpsp kai for gameboy advance,Masterboy for gb games

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I like vba the best. I never really tried many different ones. Its just I play gba games mostly. If I had to choose one I'd pick mednafen because it supports a lot of games.

Years
For my tablet I use gameboid for gba games,Nds4droid for nds games
I have Samsung Galaxy Note which is my tablet as its such a huge phone, my question is, do you know how I can play HG on it with my friends regardless if they are on a DS system on an emu?

And I have My boy! For my GBA games, only emu so far I have, I am currently trying to get PSEXE whatever it is called to get GT2 working on my phone.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
For the 1st and 2nd generation games the best is BGB, an emulator of Supergameboy, it has lots of features.

Years
NES - Nestopia and FCEUX
SNES - SNES9X
N64 - Project64
GBA - VBA
NDS - NO$GBA for Platinum and Desmume for Mystery Dungeon series.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Genesis - Gens, Kega Fusion
Master System - Dega
PS1 - psX, Epsxe
SNES - Snes9x, ZSNES
GBC/A - VBA
C64 - CCS64 V2, CCS64 V3

A lot of these have good debugging features, the others run and sound excellently.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
GBA - VBA-SDL-H, but normal VBA is fine for nonhacking purposes.
DS - DeSmuME
GC/Wii - Dolphin
PS1 - epsxe
NES - nestopia for comp, but I probably use NESDS more.
SNES - ZSNES

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
GB/GBC/GBA: VBA, mednafen (especially on Linux)
NES: mednafen
SNES: zsnes, mednafen
PS1: epsxe
DOS: ScummVM

Jade Lee

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
I am not a game addict but I "MeBoy" is a good one that is easy to remember.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Mednafen for pretty much everything. It plays GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, PSX, and a bunch of other platforms. It runs on Mac, Linux, and Windows. It has a lot of special functionality built into it for most systems.

Overall, it's an awesome emulator.

Back