• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [IC Thread]

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Flint Mclaren

Flint and Posideon made their first step onto Route 29 and the first thing they saw was a swarm of Ratatta. Flint had decided that he would catch the first pokemon he saw and that was a Ratatta. Flint started planning what to do and then finally decided. He told Posideon his plan and Posideon agreed with him.

Posideon walked towards the Ratatta and used Leer. To the Ratatta, Posideon appeared as a giant monster that would devour them in a few minutes. Posideon let out a low growl but to the terrified Ratatta's sensitive ears that sounded like a Charizard roaring. All the Ratatta fled except one single one. It stared at him unconvincingly and then went ahead and chomped Posideon's arm.

"Totodiiiile!!!" screamed Posideon running around trying to throw the Ratatta . Then Flint shouted, "Posideon throw that thing on a tree." Posideon obeyed and threw the Ratatta on the tree. The Ratatta fell banged against the tree and fell down. Posideon quickly used a Scratch, but the Ratatta got up quickly and used Quick Attack.

Both the pokemon clashed against each other and were sent back. The Ratatta got up quicker and used Quick Attack on Posideon. Then it bit Posideon's arm. "Posideon throw that thing on a stone and finish it off with Dig." screamed Flint. "Tottooooodillllle!!!!" screamed Posideon throwing the Ratatta on the stone and then used Dig.

Totodile attacked with a powerful Dig that managed to break the stone. The Ratatta lay on the ground with Posideon beside it panting. Flint quickly threw a Heal Ball at it he always kept Heal Balls in his bag. The Ball started shaking. Flint sprayed a Potion on Posideon, determined not to take any more chances with the Ratatta.

Team

158.gif

Posideon.

Ability: Sheer Force.

Moves:

- Scratch

- Leer

- Dig.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Flint McLaren in the 'Infestation'

"GRRAAAAAARHHHGGGHH!!!", the low growl from the baby croc sounded like the roar of thunder to its ears. A cold sweat spread down its spine.. Rattata looked at the monstrous face of the Totodile and then at those vicious teeth.

You didn't have to beat the poor thing Flint, it was already unconscious by just the looks of your Totodile!

CAPTURE SUCCESSFUL! Get Rattata!

019.gif

- Run Away
- Quick Attack
- Tail Whip​

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

QNk3U2r.png

"Seriously, how long does it take...?"

Blake stared at his PokeGear after a final bite on his toast, impatience sweeping through his mind. His contact from Azalea Town was fifteen minutes late with his information, and that frustrated Blake greatly; he was, after all, known for completing his missions swiftly and with no hassle. Blake picked up the gizmo and starting toggling on the menu uninterestingly. Although the multi-featured tech had been upgraded through the years ever since it's release fifteen years ago, the features were still dated. Blake only bought it to save on some money.

Afer a few more minutes the PokeGear finally started ringing. Blake harshly swiped on the screen and was ready to glare at the front camera, but then was surprised to find a familiar face on the screen.

"What's cracking, Popeye?"

"Raz? Out of everyone, they chose you to help me out with this? I thought this was an important assignment..."

The black-haired grunt on the screen backed away as if to look offended, "Oi, watch what you say Blake! Give me some credit; I volunteered to help you today!" Blake almost laughed out loud. "Aww, that's cute, I'll give you that. Still, why is your PokeGear stuck on your wrist? Is that some kind of accessory or something?"

Raz was puzzled for a second before snapping his fingers in realization and laughing. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I sold my PokeGear last week. We are talking on my brand, spanking new... Xtransceiver 5.0! Imported straight from my distant cousin in Unova! Whaddya think, WHADDYA THINK?" Raz started twisting his left wrist as if Blake was actually there looking at the watch-based tech. Blake just slapped his forehead in return.

"Raz... firstly, the cross-transceiver is for kids or really old people who can't handle with new tech. Secondly, I thought you were broke?"

"This was sent by my cousin as a gift. And I don't care, I'ld rather be a kid then some boring grown-up like you."

Blake widened his mouth in amusement, a little laughter coming out. "You certainly weren't too old for that young lass in Goldenrod."

Raz erupted into a fit, remembering the event of a month ago. "Dude, first she wasn't a minor, and second it's her own fault, not mine, for making herself look five years older in a nightclub. Girl could of hit off with worser men. Still, her daddy was a little hard to get rid of though... anyway, enough chit-chat, let's talk about the mission now, eh?"

Blake was a little annoyed that it was Raz who brought the conversation to it's intended purpose, but he nodded assertively anyway. They had already wasted much time.

"Mr Rees is currently in a local cafe, typing something on his laptop. Dude just came out of the restroom. Been here for quite a while now, so I fee- yup, his finished whatever he was doing. Ok, his starting to mo-"

"Try putting a tag on him, Raz. Bump onto him or something."

"Right, I'll be back in a sec then. Wish me luck!" The screen of the PokeGear suddenly blipped and returned to the home screen. Blake sighed and started tapping his fingers on the wooden table, anxiously waiting for a reply from Raz. Only around a minute later, the PokeGear started ringing again. Blake swiped his screen, eager to see the outcome. "So?"

"Success, son! Piece. Of. Cake. Tag placed on target, so now there should be a mark on your map telling you where Mr Rees is as long as his within a twenty-mile radius. You wanna meet up?"

"Sure. Come here on Sunrise Cafe. We'll discuss how to take him away."

"Aye aye, Popeye. See you in a sec."

Last edited:
Years
Joe grinned when he saw the little shaking ball come to a halt. The capture was clearly successful and he could now check off "Catch Pokémon" off his beginning trainer's 'to-do' list. He walked over to his prize and picked it up. The Pokeball looked identical to Seedot's which he thought would make it difficult to determine which Pokeball contained which Pokémon. To remedy this, Joe picked through his backpack for a washable marker and drew a circle on Sentret's Pokémon. He looked at his Pokedex and noticed the LED indicator blinking. The trainer opened the device and was greeted with a screen indicated that the Pokedex picked up that he caught Sentret and gave a readout of his newly acquired Pokémon's vitals in addition to advice. According to it, Sentret was badly poisoned and in a condition of nearly fainting, which it suggested he use an antidote if available.

Heeding the device's advisory, Joe rummage around his pack once more, this time retrieving an antidote and began reading the instructions on how to use it. The directions stated that the patient should be out of its container and the serum is to be injected orally for animalistic Pokémon, used as a needle for those lacking a mouth, and any ***** in the armor for ones with heavy armor and no mouth. Joe let his new Sentret out of the Pokeball. Sentret looked exactly the same as he did not moments before hand. It was battered and breathing very heavily as though its lungs were struggling to function. Very quickly, the trainer opened the antidote's packaging and administrated the serum. The concoction's effect took a couple minutes to take effect, but Sentret began to make a quick recovery once it did.

The newly caught Pokémon regained awareness of its surroundings once again and was able to stand up on his hind legs. He looked at Joe and Seedot and didn't know what to make of the situation. In Sentret's view, it was one moment ago being beat up by the pair, and then the large creature did magic to heal him. Joe tried to break the ice and speak to his team's second member. "Hey buddy, I just captured you, I'm your new trainer…..well…not really new, because that implies you had an old one, but that's not the point. I'm the one you'll be taking orders from now, ok?" The scout Pokémon gave a very perplexed look at the American trainer as if it wasn't sure what any of Joe's incoherent talk turned rambles meant.

Instead of noticeably showing any sign of understanding the concept of its new subjugation, Sentret slowly wandered over the Seedot. The tiny acorn Pokémon seemed uncomfortable with its approach, but allowed it to come up to him. Sentret studied him from head to toe. It was fortunate for all parties involved that the observation didn't take long, as Seedot is nothing but a head and toes. The curious Pokémon then began to sniff Seedot, and invaded the grass type's personal space in doing so. Out of discomfort, Seedot stiffened up and was on the verge of head-butting the Sentret. And then finally, without warning, Sentret opened his mouth up wide and bit Seedot on the head. Joe's only response was to yell very loudly "Oh god, why!"

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
gaZ9cHp.png

Rosa slid from Lizzi's back as the large dragon alighted in the center of Mahogany Town. The town and it's surrounding area had changed a lot over the past few years. The Forest to the north had become increasingly impassible and the Pokémon which made the forest their home were more hostile than ever. Many people had theories about the area, a lot blamed human interference in the forest for the change. While the forest had grown more uninhabitable, Mahogany town itself had actually expanded very rapidly in a population spike around 10 years ago. Seren knew the reason for both of these phenomena.

After returning Lizzi to her Pokéball, she strode towards the Pokécenter. The automatic doors slid open with a soft hiss causing the receptionist to look up.

"Welcome to the Mahogany Pok- Oh. Morning Seren. You can go right on through." She said.

The receptionist had begun to speak in a well practiced greeting for Pokémon trainers, but upon recognizing Seren had dropped the facade as no one else was present. Rosa nodded to the receptionist and continued through a door towards the overnight rooms for trainers. Stepping inside an elevator at the end of the hallway, Rosa inserted her trainer license into a slot and withdrew it after the machine emitted a beeping tone. The elevator jerked and began to move downwards, towards 'B1'.
When the elevator doors opened the exterior was entirely different from the Pokécenter above, rather than welcoming carpets and warmly coloured furniture, Rosa found herself greeted with the familiar white and black corridors. Coloured stripes ran along the floor, by way of a navigation system. Each line would lead to a different area of the complex. The red line lead towards the barracks, where Seren had previously spent many nights. Blue would lead the way to the officer suites, a place which Rosa had never visited although due to her promotion, was now headed. Green lead towards the cafeteria, yellow towards the off duty halls which were located next to the cafeteria. A purple line would lead the way towards Research and Development and a brown towards the training halls. The black line lead towards Archer's office.

Rosa did not need these lines though as she knew the base well enough. Without much though, she began to walk towards the barracks but had to stop herself and change direction towards the officer suites. It was strange to be walking towards the officer suites but she was sure that they would be more comfortable than the barracks. If nothing else, they would be more private.
The hallways were busy, in contrast to the empty Pokécenter floors above. Rosa nodded to a few people she recognized whilst she made her way towards her new lodgings. Rosa was deadly serious and highly focused when she was on duty, but also a fun-loving and charismatic person and as such she made an effort to know those that she worked with. Now that she was an officer, she had decided that it was more even more important to be focused when on duty, yet friendly and approachable. One of the other executives, Blake was a similar personality and a lot of the grunts looked up to him because he was a fun person to be around, yet a very competent officer. The executive who Rosa would be replacing had also been a very popular, and had been a close friend to many of the members of Team Rocket, regardless of rank or position. Rosa knew that it would be hard to fill the gap left by Zero's death, and was slightly nervous about some of the responsibilities she would now have.

"Oi, shorty!" Someone yelled from behind her.

Rosa turned around trying to force an indignant expression onto her face but failing as a grin spread across her face in recognition of the voice. Walking towards her, grinning like an idiot was a tall, skinny man with dark hair and flight jacket on.

"Congratulations! I mean, if it would please my lady, I would like to congratulate her." Jake mocked as he approached.

Rosa was well used to Jake's sense of humor as well as his teasing attitude.

"Oh sod off you." Rosa laughed as she punched him in the arm lightly. "But really, don't ever call me 'my lady' again. I outrank you, and that's an order." She said jokingly.

"Oh oh! Yes Ma'am!"Jake replied.

"Don't call me Ma'am either. Or madam, or 'my liege' or 'my queen'. What are you doing down here anyway, you know this is the way to the officer quarters. Were you planning on sneaking into my new room and scaring the crap out of me when i go to take a shower or something? I wouldn't put it past you." Rosa asked, continuing the sibling-like banter that the two often had.

"Oh-ho you may outrank me but you're still about half my height. No i wasn't going to sneak into you room, I was merely visiting one of my numerous conquests-of-love. You know I have almost all the girls in this base swooning over me now it's hard to keep track of them all." Jake replied jovially.

"Very funny, out with it lover-boy!." Rosa answered sarcastically.

"Haha alright alright, Calvin from R&D said he saw you come this way, so I thought I'd give you congratulations. I should really get running though, need to get a group out to the lake for a training exercise."

"I.. thanks Jake, I mean it. Heh okay, try not to crash that chopper again" Rosa laughed.

Reaching the quarters which were reserved for the Executives and Archer himself, Rosa soon found a door with her named embossed on it in brass letters. once again Rosa inserted her license into a slot and waited for a beep. The door clicked and Rosa eagerly pushed it open.

Instantly Rosa knew this was going to be a huge amount more comfortable than the barracks. There large main room had a double bed, a sofa TV and personal computer. On the other side of the room there was a large en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Rosa's initial plan was to check out her room, then go and get her stuff from the barracks, head to the training-halls and retire for the night. However Rosa had found all her belongings already in her new room, piled neatly at the foot of the large bed. Deciding to put away her belongings later, Rosa got changed into her training gear, which comprised of a vest, sneakers and a pair of jogging trousers, she left her room and headed straight to the training halls.

Fixed Float!

Last edited:

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years

Graham Chandler
Mountain Encounter on Route 46 - C1:P4

After some time navigating over the rolling hills, and through the lush forest vegetation Graham, and Chikorita emerged from the brush to find the gate entrance that lead to Route 46.

"There's the gate." Graham said aloud. He then continued, "I bet we can get a great look at the mountains from the bottom of Route 46." Chikorita yipped in excitement, and the two headed in the direction of the gate.

When they reached the front entrance the doors automatically slid open. The two walked into the junction slowly, and it was empty, besides a guard standing behind a desk in the middle of the area. They followed the path headed towards the other set of sliding doors, when they were stopped abruptly by the gate guard.

"If you're heading into Route 46 be extra careful. We don't need anyone else getting hurt." The guard demanded in a deep, and serious tone.

"What happened?" Graham asked insistently.

"Last night there was an incident on Route 45. A lot of wild Pokemon were found sick, and injured. We lost a lot of them unfortunately, and it wasn't a good scene." The guard paused in silence for a second while he caught his breath. "A lot of the Pokemon in this habitat are a bit on edge right now after all the commotion that went on last night. Keep an eye out for any specific activity, and if you see anything let somebody around here know."

Graham looked down at Chikorita with a surprised face on, then returned to the guard. "Thank you. I'll make sure to let you know if I see anything."

The guard nodded, and sent the two of them on their way out the other side of gate. Graham, and Chikorita were in awe at the grandeur of the black mountains in front of them. Most of the mountain base was engulfed in tall grass, and steep ledges that led up the mountainside.

In search of some excitement Graham, and Chikorita explored through the tall grass looking for wild Pokemon to battle, and capture. It was oddly quiet on this route. There weren't any Pokemon running around, nor were there any trainers in this part of the region. The two continued to wander through the tall grass until they reached a flat, open area near a ledge that touched the base of the mountain side.

"What are we doing out here?" Graham asked, picking up a small rock at his feet. He rolled it around in his palm, then threw it at a dip in the mountain side without paying much attention to where the rock landed.

He then turned to Chikorita, and said "We should get out of here, all the wild Pokemon don't want to be bothered today." The sound of grunting changed Chikorita's expression to a distraught look, as she tried to signal something to Graham.

"What are you trying to . . ." Graham's sentence was stopped short.

DOINK! The same rock he just threw flew back, and hit him in the head. He wobbled for a second, then looked around frantically to locate the source of the thrown rock. A wild Geodude started nearing towards the two. It didn't look too happy, as it was approaching at a vehemently fast pace.

Rubbing the side of his head Graham began, "Are you ready for your first battle?" Chikorita jumped in front of Graham with a determined face on, and responded "
CHIKA, CHIKA!"

Tension grew as Geodude, and Chikorita continued to stare each other down. It was unclear exactly what was going on to Graham as the Pokemon weren't saying anything, and they were just standing there looking at each other ready to rip the other's head off. Graham crossed his arms, and tried to make sense of the situation. He thought back to earlier when the guard mentioned to him that the wild Pokemon were a bit on edge, and that he should be careful in these parts as the Pokemon won't respond well if their natural habitat is disturbed.

"I guess it's too late to apologize now. Chikorita use Growl!" Chikorita opened its mouth, and a low rumbling sound came from the small grass Pokemon. Geodude winced at the noise, and quickly sought after a way to make the noise stop. The rock Pokemon then scurried to a small rock pile, picked up a rock, then hurled it at Chikorita; accurately hitting her in the head.

Graham struggled trying to keep himself from laughing as Chikorita, trying to return to it's feet, being knocked over by the abrupt blow. However the battle went on, and Graham then shouted more orders. "Don't get discouraged, get even. Fire back with tackle!"

Chikorita then jolted in the direction of Geodude, and rammed head first into the Pokemon. Geodude withstood the attack with ease, then proceeded to tuck it's arms into it's body, curling up into a rock-like ball.

"Gordon?!" Graham called out to his Xtranciever.

"Yes sir?" The watch-like device spoke back to him.​

"What is this Geodude doing? We were in the middle of a battle, and now it's just rolled up into one big rock."

"It's probably using a move called Defense Curl. Pokemon with this move channel their energy into curling up, and building their defenses in a pinch. Watch out because Pokemon like Geodude gain extra strength when using moves like Defense Curl, and Rollout together. It can be a devastating combo."​

Graham then turned to Chikorita, and told her "Jump on top of Geodude, and use your Hidden Power. Maybe it'll be something that's effective verse it." Chikorita then followed orders as it was commanded, and leaped on top of the rock-ball once formerly known as Geodude. Pausing for a second, Chikorita hummed a low pitched noise, and the beads around her neck began to glow. A sudden burst of energy then emitted itself from Chikorita into the motionless rock. Nothing drastic happened.

Suddenly the rock began to rumble, and started to spin sending Chikorita flying off the top of the Rock Pokemon.

"Holy ****, this is exactly what Gordon warned me of." Graham motioned to Chikorita "Be alert, and watch out for that spinning rock! Use growl, and try to dodge that thing when it comes back in your direction."

He watched as a thick cloud of dust formed beginning to fill the makeshift battlefield. The wild Geodude's rollout was growing in strength. Chikorita was unable to use growl as it's target wasn't in sight due to the disorientation caused by the developing dust cloud. In an instant the rock Pokemon came back again to strike Chikorita with it's rollout attack. Chikorita's body flew threw the air again, and hit the ground with a loud thump.

"Chikorita, are you okay?" Graham called out amidst the cloud of growing dust.

"
Chika, chika." The faint sound of Chikorita's voice resonated back to him.

This time the Geodude came back again with another Rollout attack, and it hit Chikorita even harder this time, sending the small Pokemon whizzing in Graham's direction. Chikorita's body lay recumbent at Graham's feet. Struggling to breath, and nearing the end of her health Chikorita made one last attempt to stand up using the last bit of energy left inside her.

Graham spoke softly "This is enough Chikorita. You're badly hurt, and continuing to fight is only going to end badly." Chikorita disregarded Graham's words, and took a step forward. Across the battlefield, Geodude was spinning out, and gearing up for another blow, one that would surely knock Chikorita out.

Graham started again "We started this fight, and if anyone can end it right now, it's you. I believe in you Chikorita."

A cloud of dust kicked up behind Geodude, as it began to roll in the direction of Graham, and Chikorita. This time Chikorita closed her eyes, and braced the ground below in a tentative manner. Geodude grew closer, and closer as Chikorita let out a sudden cry "
CHIKORITA!"

The leaf on it's head stood up, and with a sudden jolt of the head Chikorita's leaf made contact with the Geodude seconds before the intended impact. Geodude flew across the field through the settling dust, and brutally smashed into the ledge it emerged from.

"Holy!" Graham stopped himself, and picked up Chikorita in an instant. "What was that?"

Gordon then spoke out "If I didn't know any better, I'd say that was Razor Leaf. It's a move that's common amongst young grass Pokemon. Seeing as your Chikorita was very low on health it's Overgrow ability helped boost the power of the move, and seemingly it was critically effective."​

Graham nodded in acknowledgement, then headed over in the direction of the wild Geodude to observe the aftermath of that devastating attack. Geodude was slumped against the ledge with it's tongue hanging out, and it's eyes rolled into the back of it's head.

"I don't think it's a good idea to catch fainted Pokemon. Maybe we should leave this guy here to get some rest, and return back to it's normal life. You gave him a pretty bad beating, huh?" Graham, and Chikorita both chuckled at the sight of the now lifeless Pokemon.

This was their first experience with each other as trainer, and Pokemon. Graham then picked up again "You know, I thought you were done there for a second, you got me scared, but I believed in you, and you did it. I'm proud of you Chikorita."

Chikorita blushed lightly, and voiced "
Chiko … rita ..." slowly closing her eyes. Graham then reached into the side of his bag where Chikorita's Pokeball was then whispered in her ear "You deserve a rest honey. Sleep well." Pressing the Pokeball's button, Chikorita soon became engulfed in the red light that brought Chikorita to it's resting place inside the Pokeball.

Graham looked at his watch, but the time didn't matter. It was time for him to get Chikorita back to safety, and back to good health. He turned around leaving the Geodude fainted against the ledge, and headed back in the direction of the gate junction.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
The Heal Ball stopped shaking. Flint walked over to it and picked it up. Now the Ratatta remained safely in the ball. Flint sent out the Ratatta and it looked at him curiously. Then it turned around and saw Posideon. The Ratatta went on a battle stance and growled at Posideon. However once Flint looked at it he realized that it's teeth was chattering nervously. Flint realized that the Ratatta was trying to act like a tough guy but was actually scared of Posideon.

"Posideon explain to him that I am his trainer and not his enemy. Tell him that you are his friend and not any enemy." said Flint to Posideon. Posideon nodded his agreement and started blabberring to the Ratatta in a language that only Pokemon could understand. The Ratatta listened patiently and then walked up to Flint and sat on his shoulder. "Haha, cool man. Now what should I name you?" said Flint laughing while thinking of a name for the Ratatta. He then chanced upon a great one. Ethan's mom had once told him about a trainer called Joey who called up Ethan up every 5 seconds. He also had a Ratatta who was among the 'top percentage' of Ratatta.

"How would you like the name Joey?" Joey nodded his agreement."Okay Posideon this is Joey. Now I have some work to do in New Bark Town so come along with me." Posideon and Joey followed him along as he made his way to Ethan's house. He knocked on the door and Ethan's mother opened the door and asked him to come inside. Ethan's mother had been like a second mother to Flint and Flnt had many memories of sitting in her house and listening to stories of Ethan's adventures.

After talking while sipping some Hot Chocolate, Flint told Ethan's mother about the quest and showed her his pokemon. "Take care honey, I don't want the same thing to happen to to you as it happened
to.....Ethan.." she said sobbing. "Don't cry Mam, I'll take care. Now I'll go. Bye."said Flint getting up. "Wait honey I have a Present for you. You have plain Pokegear right, here's a Xtranscivier." she said handing over the watch to Flint." Thanks a lot Mam. Bye." said Flint waving and going out of the house. He took out the Xtranscivier and checked the time. It read 5:00 pm."Well we better get a move on guys." Flint said to both his friends pokemon.

Years
Bringing an end to the squabbling Pokémon was no easy feat for Joe. 'How am I supposed to make a squirrel become friends with an acorn?' he pondered silently. He realized how silly of a question that sounded with no context but lacked the time needed to fully appreciate the absurdity. In front of him were his two, and currently only, team who seemed to have it out for one another. Joe wanted the chance to look through the Pokedex to see if there were any articles on disciplining Pokémon, but Seedot gave Sentret a good head-butt to the face before he even had a chance to avert his eyes.

"Ok, that's enough bull crap for right now." Joe recalled Seedot back into his Pokeball. He thought Sentret needed some time to accept his authority over it since the Pokedex stated earlier that wild Pokémon need to be tamed prior to use in battles and not doing so would cause disobedience during battles, so it might be a better idea to keep Seedot in confinement instead. "Sentret, I need you to listen up. I'm not sure if you can understand me, but you need to learn to take orders from me at some point." Unlike the last time Joe tried to communicate with it, Sentret seemed to pay its trainer much more attention and maybe even understanding to concept.

Before anything though, Joe thought he'd try to start the process of training Sentret like one would a dog; by giving it food. Joe reached into a side pocket of his bag and pulled out a small pack of crackers. Joe put one in his own mouth to show it was food before outstretching his hand with the other. Cautiously, Sentret wandered up and sniffed the morsel before greedily snatching it out of the rookie's hand and devouring it in mere bites. Like a regular squirrel or hamster, Sentret stored his meal in his cheeks and slowly began to actually consume it within a few minutes.

"Alright…so now that the snack break is over…..let's start walking to the next town. Follow me." Joe began to walk backwards while gesturing with his hand for Sentret to follow as he went. At first the Pokémon just sat there puzzled and didn't know what to make of the situation. It wasn't until Joe was about thirty yards away that Sentret began to walk towards his master, though only out of curiosity and was hoping that there'd be more delicious crackers on the way.
Midway through Sentret's advance, the Pokémon's eyes twitched up and he stopped moving entirely. As a part of his natural instincts, the Scout balanced himself on his tail and began listening to something in the distance. In a panic, Sentret began to run towards the large walking food dispenser with a look of fear visibly showing. Whatever it was, it was too low for Joe's ears to pick up, and the trainer thought the brown fur ball was acting strange. Sentret walked closer to Joe, looking more worried as they continued the trip, which may have been a sign that they were walking towards whatever was startling Sentret.

When the pair got closer to the sound's origin, Joe was finally able to pick up on the sound. It was a frantic amount of squawking coming from multiple creatures. They approached a small clearing and Joe was able to see the situation unfolding. A bunch of birds were being attacked by a few creatures that were shooting fire into the air. Near the sources of fire, there two figures that Joe could make out to be humans, though the distance between them resulted in him not being able to see much detail. "Hmmm….to approach or not to approach. That is the question."

Sentret, being a wild Pokémon, would obviously not have understood the reference of Joe's rhetoric, though it posed a very good question. Joe didn't know those trainers, and Elm did seem worried about that Neon group. If they were them, he probably wouldn't stand a chance. On the other hand, if they were friendly, maybe they'd be able to tell him a short cut to Cherrygrove. Ultimately, Joe chose to stay put for a moment to see how things would play out. Unlike Seedot who lacked joints, Sentret seemed quick enough to be able to run if needed.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
Mari sighed, focusing herself. Mentally, she was despondent of this new Pokemon. Not because he was incapable... Not because he was a poor choice. But because he replaced Fate. The key point that Mari took away from that was that indeed, she lacked focus and so did Kindle; especially now that in the middle of combat, she dwelled on this point. Visibly, she hesitated as the Pidgey redoubled its attention against her Cyndaquil, its leer posing a clear and present danger to the fire-type creature under Mari's command. Kindle wavered in his defenses, visibly shaken, a chill sending frigid, fatal spikes down the Pokemon's spine to quell the fire of battle within it. But the Pidgey was weak from injury, from fatigue... It had battled far too long already.

You have played this game far too long, mortal... I think I shall remove you from the board.

This was not a capture-or-run scenario for Mari; that look in her blue eyes... Even a newbie trainer could sense it in her soul a mile away. This Pidgey was going down, and with its incapacitation, Kindle would grow stronger. Yes... Something in her bones told her that was the right thing to do. To put it out of its misery; for now. She turned her attention to her shaken Cyndaquil, her blue eyes meeting with the slit-eyes of the fire-type Pokemon. It was as if there was a mutual, unspoken understanding... An understanding that words did not describe adequately. In her head, she knew what the Cyndaquil was thinking, as if bonded to him even then.

Take him down. That's what the Cyndaquil understood; not how, not why... Just to get it done. And so it would.

With a ferocious strike from above with its claws, the Cyndaquil rended the Pidgey, snapping from one location to another with such lightning speed that it took an entire portion of a second for Mari's eyes to follow it. Without further hesitation, down came the claws in a nicely-choreographed display of Aerial Ace for a second time, surely bringing that Pidgey down for the count. Satisfied, the Cyndaquil spouted its name in that squeaky tone, confident it had dealt with the present threat.

True to form, the Pidgey lay still on the ground, battered and bruised, but not dead. Its heart beat still, and its breath rose and fell in its chest. Good.

"Kindle... Good job," Mari stated, hesitating before those last two words, as if she didn't believe it herself. She smiled only faintly, giving the Pokemon an encouraging nod. She knelt on one knee, and the Cyndaquil approached happily, a smile on its muzzle. Mari was sure to pet the Pokemon vigorously, displaying more than words could her pride that her Pokemon stayed true-to-form and pulled ahead. "You did good, little one."

But she never returned him to his Pokeball... Would she have done that to Fate? No... Hell no.

After a few moments basking in this minor victory, Mari turned her attention back to the human child that had thanked her for her assistance. Without any thought into it, she had inadvertantly ignored his attention paid to her while battling the Pidgey.

Her voice was smooth and with a certain feminine quality not many women shared; was she foreign? "Hey, don't sweat it, kid. I'm just glad I didn't get **** on, too. Pidgey crap is a pain in the ass to clean out of the fur, y'know?"

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Faris Miller - Route 29

The pokeball made a noise signifying that the pidgey had been caught. Faris picked up the ball and looked at it before hearing the fox woman respond. "Hey, don't sweat it, kid. I'm just glad I didn't get **** on, too. Pidgey crap is a pain in the ass to clean out of the fur, y'know?" At that last comment Faris looked over at Prometheus, not quite looking forward to cleaning him if that was true and he planned to resist. He took a look at the fallen pidgey that had accompanied his own during the battle, laying there fainted. It seemed she wasn't looking for an easy capture. He looked at her cyndaquil whose name was apparently Kindle and realized it was probably one of the starter pokemon from Elm's lab. Normally a trainer who received a starter from the professor was more around his own age, young. Younger or older trainers that did the same were usually friends or favors of the professor, or there was a reason he asked for them specifically to receive one. Either way it meant the professor trusted her and the professor was a good, smart man.

"You appear to be a good person. I hope it stays that way," Faris judged, the last part being sincere, not a threat. He brought his attention back to the ball in his hand. With a swift movement he released the pidgey inside and realized he and Prometheus weren't the only ones in need of a bath. His new teammate shook to get off enough sludge to regain proper flight then proceeded to glare at Faris, clearly not liking him. "We need a new name for you, companion," he said to the pidgey, running through suitable names. "Perhaps Virtuous Wings? Feathered Crusader?" The bird pokemon continued its glare. "Angel?" No change. I thought for sure it would like that one. He looked himself over once more. Although I wouldn't quite say it's fitting.

This pidgey was skilled but it was too proud. "If you do not stop being so pridefully disobedient you will one day find yourself at your downfall at the hands of your own hubris." Wait. Downfall? Hubris? Those words brought to mind another story from the same land that he got Prometheus' name from. It was the tale of a master craftsman who created wings held by wax for his son so he could fly. The man warned his son that if he flew too high, close to the sun, that the wings would melt. In his hubris, the son ignored his father's warning and did just that, the wax melting and the grandeous wings coming undone with the son plummeting into the sea where he drowned. "Very well, your name shall be Icarus." The pidgey tilted his head to the side, probably wondering about the confidence and certainty with which Faris said this name as opposed to the others.

Faris turned back to the fox woman. He wasn't planning on making friends, but if he ever needed her help again he would need a name to ask for. "My name is Faris Miller," he started, stating his own name out of politeness. "What is yours?" He only planned to get her name then return to New Bark, Cherrygrove suddenly seeming a little too far to clean his foul smelling team, himself included.

Party

Prometheus Icarus

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013

The Professor Diaries- Chapter I: Part III

"I hear there's a nice building there that serves the sweetest Sake you could ever drink... You're welcome to join me there.", Kiba offered.

A sly grin spread on his face, a quite unlikely expression on a elderly gentleman, even so on Elm. He seemed to be lost in thought while petting the Phanpy who watched her new friends with wide eyes...

"You are with one of the finest pokémons and their trainer in this world. I'm so happy for you Emily.", Elm smiled at her before turning to face Kiba once again.

"I'm very glad you agreed to take care of Emily. After her friends were gone she got really lonely.", taking a small pause he continued, "You know at college it was a different me.. If my body feels as young as my mind, I can still beat anyone at a drinking competition. Wanna challenge me?" the old man's eyes brightened up!!!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Kiba Kurokokoro
Aw1lIZf.png
448.png
478.png
282.png
136.png
231.png
DDmONOa.png
Elm's Lab > Violet City Pub

Chapter One: Part Three
An Icon's Undercover Arrival

"I'm very glad you agreed to take care of Emily. After her friends were gone she got really lonely. You know at college it was a different me... If my body feels as young as my mind, I can still beat anyone at a drinking competition. Wanna challenge me?"

This left Kiba with a large grin. "You know I can't deny a challenge." He laughed for a moment. "And I haven't lost one in many years." He turned to Z. "You can get all of us, right?"

"You underestimate me?" Z cocked her head slightly.

Ki shook his head with a sigh. "He means to say that he would like you to bring all of us, Elm and Emily included, to the Violet City Pub."

"Ooooooooooh," her eyes shone understanding. "I think I get it now." She closed her eyes and focused, and in moments, they were all at the Pub. Kiba and his allies all occupied a stool, leaving one open beside Kiba.

"Barkeeper, you server Sake, correct?" Kiba asked.

"Sweetest sake this side of Silver Mountain!"

Kiba smiled. "Then we're in the right place, and the rumors are true. Everyone enjoy tonight, it's all on me." After his party's cheering, he spoke up to the Barkeep, "I'd like some of that sake, I've been dying to taste it since I'd heard the rumor."

Ki nodded to the bartender. "Same goes for myself."

Z turned to the others. "I would like tea, Spirit would--"

"I'm part ghost, I can speak for myself," the Froslass added bluntly. "I'd like to try ginger ale, please!"

Z shifted her gaze. "Amber wants Hot Chocolate," the Flareon began to bounce energetically, "Erm... Maybe less sugar than you normally do?" She looked to Emily and nodded. "Emily wants a cold glass of milk."

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
gaZ9cHp.png

Rosa made her way through the corridors of the base, heading towards the training-halls. Reaching the halls, she was greeted by an athletic looking man reclining in a chair behind a desk. He sat up as he saw Rosa approach.

"Afternoon Executive. How can I help you?" He said enthusiastically.

"Morni- er afternoon. Just wanted to fit some training in, is there anyone available to spar? I should probably hit the treadmill afterwards too." Rosa added the later part in a resigned tone.

"Certainly. There's an agent in the battle-grounds right now, and there should be a few treadmills free most of the day." replied the receptionist.

Rosa nodded and thanked the receptionist before heading through the door to her left. Inside the training-grounds Seren found a single agent. Rosa watched the agent for a moment as he instructed his Hitmonlee to practice a mega-kick attack on a practice dummy. The Hitmonlee's senses being better than his trainers, noticed Rosa enter and turned to his trainer questioningly. When the agent turned around, Rosa recognized him as Ajax. He was an agent whom had been around for just over a year now, and had previously worked with Seren during an assignment on two different occasions.

"Hey Ajax, I hear you're looking for a sparring partner?" Rosa called as Ajax turned around.

"Afternoon agen- uh, Executive I mean, and congratulations!. Yeah I'd love to spar, although I know for a fact you'll just chew me up, you have much more experience than me." Ajax said, laughing.

Rosa smiled and thanked Ajax for his congratulations. Pulling a green headband from her jogging-trousers she slipped it over her head and positioned it to hold her hair out of her face.

"You can get valuable experience battling, regardless of the adversary. I won't hold back, how does a three on three battle sound?" Rosa said, as she walked to the opposite side of the battle-ground.

"I'm glad, I would be offended if you didn't use your full strength. Three on three sounds good, and for my first Pokémon I shall use my Hitmonlee. You're up buddy!" Ajax said, finishing with a call to his partner.

Ajax's Hitmonlee sprang forwards onto the battlefield looking slightly nervous, yet fierce. Rosa considered for a moment and ran her fingers along the Pokéballs on her belt. After a moment she stopped running her hand along her belt and pulled the only plain Pokéball from her belt. Holding it aloft she released her choice.

"Calx. It's time to battle." Rosa said confidently.

Calx the Lairon appeared on the battlefield and gave a jovial cry, before stomping his heavy feet several times in anticipation. Ajax seemed a little taken aback by Rosa's choice and raised an eyebrow in surprise. Rosa knew full well that Lairon was partially weak against fighting-type attacks, but she also knew her Pokémon better than anyone else, and knew that underestimating any of them was a grave mistake.

"Alright Hitmonlee, the first strike is ours! Double-kick!" Ajax called confidently.

Hitmonlee jumped forwards with a cry and pulled back his leg in preparation to strike. Calx gave a happy cry. Out of Rosa's team, Calx was the one who enjoyed to battle the most.

"Calx let him get close, and... Protect!" Rosa called, with excellent timing.

The heavy steel-type focused and squinted, forcing a sheer wall of energy between the opponents furious attack and himself. Both of Hitmonlee's powerful kicks bounced off the energy-wall harmlessly and both Ajax and his Pokémon looked surprised.

"Get some distance and get ready for another attack!" Ajax called

"Calx. Use 'Autotomize' and then close that distance!" Rosa called in response.

As Hitmonlee strung away and tried to strafe around to Calx's flank, the Lairon focused again and began to glow slightly. 'Autotomize' was one of the moves which Calx had only just learned but Rosa had found it invaluable. It harnessed the Pokémon's full potential, and increased their speed hugely by making them lighter.
Calx jumped forwards with shocking speed and closed the gap between him and the opponent in an instant.

"Calx, double-edge!" Rosa called, taking advantage of Ajax's stunned silence.

Calx smashed into Hitmonlee even whilst the later tried to leap to safety with a horribly powerful impact. The hardy Lairon was unaffected by the clash, but Hitmonlee was sent smashing into the ground at Ajax's feet.

"Oh wow... Sorry buddy... Didn't see that one coming." Ajax muttered as he returned his Pokémon.

Without saying anything, Ajax pulled another Pokéball out and released his second Pokémon. Rosa recognized the Pokémon that appeared as Floatzel.

"Watch out buddy, he's faster than he looks. Aqua-jet!" Ajax called to his second Pokémon.

"Damn, Calx use take-down." Rosa instructed.

Calx sprang bravely at the approaching aqua-jet and met it head on with a painful-looking crash. Both Pokémon took their toll from the collision and were notably weakened as they regained their posture afterwards.

"Hit it with another aqua-jet, from the side!" Ajax called, trying to finish off Lairon quickly.

"Can't afford to take another one of those Calx, use 'dig'!" Rosa called to her Lairon.

The Floatzel shot forwards once again coated in water, but not before Calx completely submerged himself beneath the rocky ground of the battle-arena. Floatzel looked around in confusion desperately trying to locate the opponent.

"No! Floatzel below you, water gun!' Ajax called spotting the events unfolding before him.

Calx flew out of the ground directly into Floatzel's soft underbelly knocking the unsuspecting Pokémon high into the air. Ajax sighed and returned his Floatzel after a moments pause, and muttered an apology to his Pokémon as he chose his last Pokéball. Rosa had been expecting the next Pokémon all along, as it was one which she already knew that Ajax owned.

"Fearow, come on out buddy!" Ajax called.

To Ajax's surprise, Rosa also lifted a Pokéball and returned Calx despite him still being fully-able to battle. Clipping the ball back to her belt she pulled an Ultra-ball out in replacement.

"Great work Calx, you can rest for now. Lizzi time for our first real battle."

Ajax had been expecting Idris, Rosa's Houndoom which he had seen during their last assignment together. However, he did not expect the nine foot tall dragon which materialized in response to his own Fearow.

"Woah... I had no idea. A Flygon? Okay Fearow, use your aerial-ace and take it by surprise!" Ajax called

Fearow flew up high and circled Lizzi, who watched the opponent with apprehension through her big bug-like eyes. Rosa waited without giving any command, and Lizzi turned towards Rosa with a fierce look in her eye. The two of them had not battled together yet and Lizzi had no idea whether Rosa even knew what she was doing. Trust was something that would be built over years of battling together but as of yet her trainer had not even given her a command.
The Fearow saw it's opportunity and swooped down low in a speedy dive, going in for the aerial-ace attack.

"Lizzi, wait for it and... Screech!" Rosa called confidently, hoping that Lizzi trusted her enough to bide her time long enough.

Lizzi, happy to have a command focused on tracking the blur that was the swooping Fearow. To most it would be impossible but a Flygon's powerful eyes were more than enough to focus on the approaching Fearow.
Lizzi waited until the Fearow was almost upon her, obediently biding her time until the last moment, before releasing a super-sonic screech which couldn't be heard by either trainer. Fearow on the other hand, took the full impact of the sonic wave and veered off course, missing Lizzi by a long margin.

"Now Lizzi, turn and rock slide!" Rosa called, emboldened by Lizzi's excellent timing.

Lizzi span around kicking up a large chunk of the rocky terrain which crashed into the back of the retreating Fearow, causing the flying-type to collide with the ground. Now that Fearow was on the ground, Rosa knew she could take full advantage of Flygon's ground-type moves.

"Excellent Lizzi, now Finnish this with Bulldoze!" Rosa shouted triumphantly.

Lizzi flew forwards, skimming along the surface of the ground until she was almost upon the crashed Fearow, and then with a last beat of her powerful wings propelled her entire weight into the unsuspecting Fearow.
When the resulting dust-cloud had began to disperse, Lizzi stood over Fearow looking as fierce as ever, and let out a loud roar from exhilaration. The volume of the roar took both trainers by surprise and most likely several people in the surrounding buildings.

"Whoa! Lizzi you were great, I'm proud of you!" Rosa called, approaching the Pokémon which stood a good four feet taller than herself.

Ajax returned his Fearow and walked up to Rosa to shake her hand. He had a smile on his face even though he had lost.

"I can't say I'm surprised, you're a very competent battler, and I think I learned a few things too. If you'll excuse me, I should head to the Pokécenter." Ajax said as he shook Rosa's hand.

Ajax departed and Rosa recalled Lizzi after stating that she was impressed by her bravery. Lizzi simply stood up tall and gave a soft but proud 'Fly...' in response.

Rosa had been running on the treadmill for only ten minutes when her phone began to emit the high-pitched guitar riffs of 'Guns N Roselia'. Stepping off the treadmill Rosa flipped open her phone and held it to her ear.

"Seren speaking."

"Who on earth answers their phone with their surname?"

"Seren does."

"Oh-ho. I see. Well, Seren left my hotel room without saying goodbye, and left this number."

"Oh! I.. I didn't really expect you to call, but I'm glad you did."

"Well of course I did, Seren was a good laugh and I'd love to see her again."

"Haha. I think I'd like that, uh you can call me Rosa if you rather, although I usually prefer Seren."

"'Rosa?' Well that suits you a lot more. You can call me Katie if you- May I ask why you're panting?"

"Oh don't worry I was just on a treadmill. Katie huh? I'll remember that."

"Hmm, well then I should let you get back to that treadmill, give me a call when you're not busy though, it would be good to see you again."

"Yeah, I will do, talk to you again."

Rosa flipped the phone shut and pocketed it before pressing a button on the treadmill and starting it up again, smiling slightly.

Fixed Float!

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Scott - An unexpected visitor

Scott walked down the streets of Violet city, passing a few bars, and a nice looking café situated on the corner. He took note of it. He was halfway towards the hotel, until in the corner of his eye... and admin! He ducked behind the corner of an allyway quickly, hoping that he would pass by quickly. The admins name was Ken Bryce, and he was one of the top admins. His walking was slowly paced, and he wore a grey suit, along with a pair of black sunglasses he occasionally peered over. Scott, turned around, and prepared to head the other direction.

Ken: What do you think your doing?

Behind Scott, was Ken, somehow. Miraculously, Ken was standing right in front of Scott, when he had just seen him several seconds ago.

Ken: I know what your thinking. It's a hologram, and I've been keeping an eye on you for a long time.

Scott: Crap, I'm in trouble aren't I.

Ken: (grunts) if the boss didn't make any exceptions, I would snap your neck right now.

Scott: Why don't you then.

Ken: Don't get sarcy with me boy. You know full well why!

Scott: Yeah okay, what the hell do you want with me then?

Ken: Like I said earlier I've been watching you.

Scott showed a slight distraught look on his face. he worried if he had seen him with Falkner.

Ken: What are you doing, a. bringing a punishment squad on a holiday, and b. challenging a gym.

Scott: I-I-I thought this was.... a delta squad? if that's true, why was I there.

Ken: To lead them, which you failed.

Scott: Please don't tell him, please don't tell my dad, I'm begging you.

Ken: Heh, your still as childish as ever. Gather your squad and head back to the ruins of alph. Our satellite systems detect several team rocket members in Goldenrod.

Scott: Why worry about them, they're just a bunch of freaks.

Ken: I do not fully understand yet, but from what I was told, apparently the boss fears that they will interfere with future plans.

Scott: How are team rocket going to effect the project.

Ken: So you already know?

Scott: Yeah, we're taking over the whole region, starting with the league.

Ken: You're kind of there. We havn't fully developed the plan, so for now all we require from you is Intel work and what-not.

Scott: Yes... sir... I guess...

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years

Graham Chandler
Desperate Measures - C1:P5

There was a tenacious sense of urgency in the air. Graham quickly hurried back to the gate junction avoiding as much tall grass, and wild Pokemon as he could on the way. He reached the gate, and the sliding doors opened as he approached the entrance. Graham started to run through the hall of the gate as the Guard motioned him to stop.

"What's the rush, kiddo?" The guard asked noticing the distraught look on Graham's face.

Graham slowed down at the sound of the guard's voice. He then turned to the face the desk, and caught his breath before beginning to speak "My apologies, you were right." The expression on the guard's face began to change, and before he could start to speak Graham started again. "The wild Pokemon really are on edge out there. One second I was exploring with Chikorita, the next second we're being attacked by a wild Geodude."

"You can't say I didn't tell you so. Anyway, you look like you're okay. You still haven't answered my question though. What's the rush?" The guard restated, shifting his position in his chair.

"That Geodude I told you about.. Chikorita, and I battled it, but it damaged Chikorita a lot, and I need to get her to a Pokemon Center because she's very low on health, and I can't risk running into another rabid, wild Pokemon." Graham sighed, and waited for the Guard's answer.

"Ease up kid. Your Pokemon will be fine. Look, to the west there's Cherrygrove City, if you leave out the front entrance of the gate, and take a right it's almost a clear shot to city, and the Pokemon Center is near the entrance of town. However, it's about a forty minute walk from here to there, and there are lots of wild Pokemon in between." The guard pointed out the door in the direction of Cherrygrove, then proceeded to speak again. "By the way, my names Harley. What's your name buddy?"

"Graham." He spoke softly, extending his hand to shake with Harley's. "It's nice to meet you, and thanks for all the help."

Harley shook back, then immediately disappeared under the desk. The sound of him rummaging through items down there filled the sound of the junction. "One more thing!" Harley called out from under the desk, soon peeking his head out and extending an aerosol spray can with a Pokeball on it out to Graham. "This is a repel. You can use it to keep the wild Pokemon off your back while you make it to safety. Use it wisely though, the effect only lasts so long, and once it wears off wild Pokemon will be tempted to approach you at will again."

Graham smiled, and kindly accepted the gift. "Thanks a lot Harley. I will definitely benefit from this. This really means alot to me, really." He looked down at the repel bottle, and carefully placed it in his bag.

Harley sat back down, and suggested "Register me in your Xtranciever. I work for the JWPC, and I work a few other gates in this region. Call me sometime. Sitting at this desk all day gets lonely sometimes, and you seem like a cool dude."

Graham scanned Harley's trainer code into his Xtranciever, and stated "All set. And yeah! I'm from the Kanto region, and I could use a friend like you incase I ever get lost around here." He paused for a second, and restarted with a more sincere voice, "Your gratitude has been greatly appreciated, and I won't forget you."

"Get a move on, your Chikorita isn't healing itself in that Pokeball of hers. So give me a call when you get a chance, and we'll link up sometime soon." Harley let out a hearty laugh, as Graham nodded, waved goodbye, and headed out the front entrance of the Gate.

He walked for a bit before he came to a ledge where he sat down, and pondered what to do. He looked to his right, and thought about the walk to Cherrygrove City. The sun was still high in the sky, and there was still much time to explore route 29 before he wanted to settle for the night in Cherrygrove. Graham then thought about Chikorita, and getting her healed up. The potions in his bag weren't really enough to bring Chikorita back to full health, but where else could Graham heal her, without going to Cherrygrove City so soon?

A few moments passed before it struck him. "Daisy."

Graham stood up, and looked to his left. The entrance to New Bark Town was within sight, and only about 15 minutes away. He sprayed himself with a bit of the repel that Harley gave him. Wasting no time he jumped over the ledge, disappearing into the brush back in the direction of New Bark Town.

Last edited:

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
Mari shied away at Faris' question, her gaze averting briefly as if her attention had briefly focused on something else. She couldn't have played it off more smoothly; the reality was that she was considering turning tail and fleeing that very moment. However, something kept her rooted there. The longer she dwelled on it, as milliseconds became entire seconds, the less the desire to flee remained in her, and the more it looked like she was hesitating for some reason. All he'd asked for was her name; what was the harm in that?

Relenting, the vixen finally spoke.

"Muh-ree Zuh-vahd-skuh," she pronounced rapidly and fluently, as if she didn't like the idea of dwelling on her name for too long. Her inflection just kept giving her away; it became rapidly apparent she was not native to Johto, and possibly not Kanto nor Sinnoh, depending on how well-traveled Faris may or may not have been to spot out the particulars in her voice. It was smooth like honey, almost a tickle in the boy's ears as she spoke, as if her voice held an intangible, indescribable quality that escaped words. She was young, out of her element, and next to naked with but one Pokemon between an opponent and her bare fists. What a case of intrigue she was...

She stood from her crouched position, sniffing out something in the air, her head pivoting like a turret on ball-bearings from the left, to the right and back again. She sniffed again, and cringed ever-so-slightly, quite nearly imperceptibly. The skin of her muzzle stretched taut, folding and compacting at the bridge of her nose just enough to cause the sunlight to trace the shadows of her furrowed skin against her own fur. Something was bothering her, but what?

It may have been pointless to ask; what things a canine might be able to perceive that a human being may not...

"I'd like to stay and chat... Really, I would," Mari spoke with a mild sense of urgency about her tonality; "But... We should probably get going. There's no sense in standing around here, nor is there any in us splitting up that I can see." She had a point; why separate? Unlikely allies, perhaps -- a borderline-pubescent teenager and a grown woman -- but there wasn't any reason not to stick together at the moment. What harm could it do to stick around with someone who could smell a trainer creeping up on you from a mile away, or scent a wild Pokemon in much the same distance?

"'Sides... Dunno about you, I could use a hot shower." Surely that was in jest.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Faris Miller - Route 29

"Muh-ree Zuh-vahd-skuh," answered the woman, rushing it a little with a foreign accent that Faris couldn't place. He didn't think that was a skill that would matter much to him since a person's actions and reasons mattered far more than their origins. He'd noticed her hesitation in telling him her name, but mistrust of a stranger was understandable. There was a brief silence before she started sniffing around like a typical canine, reminding Faris that this woman wasn't entirely human. A person, yes, but definitely not human. He wouldn't prod into her business about this if it didn't concern him and it didn't look like it did. Her business did become his when she spoke next, though. "But... We should probably get going." We? Faris thought as she continued. "There's no sense in standing around here, nor is there any in us splitting up that I can see."

Faris thought about her offer to travel together for a moment. He didn't like having other people with him if he couldn't completely trust them and he didn't need any friends, but he did still need to get to Cherrygrove, presumably where she was headed as well if his conjecture about Kindle being a starter was correct, and his party was weak. Prometheus was healthy but tired and Icarus was hurt and tired. Having a temporary ally would be the best option and in both their best interests as it seemed. Maybe by travelling to Cherrygrove together he could see what sort of person she was.

"Very well, Zawadzka," Faris began, slowing his pace over her name trying to get used to it as if he were tasting the word. "If you are heading to Cherrygrove then it may be best for me to travel with you, although I cannot guarantee that this will last beyond that." Depending on what he learned in his time with her, maybe he would find himself thinking of her as a valuable ally, or maybe he would find himself never wanting to hear from her ever again. Who knows? He didn't feel the need to respond to her last comment since she of all people would recognize that he definitely needed a shower.

Once that was done with, Faris stepped forward and continued towards Cherrygrove with Prometheus following suit. He immediately noticed that Icarus did not move from the spot he had rooted himself to, giving him the same glare he had been giving him since his capture. Maybe he didn't want to leave his home or his family behind. Faris felt bad for taking him from that, but knew that Icarus would play a part in something much bigger, something on a worldwide scale. Faris turned around and stared back at Icarus, looking him straight in the eyes with a smile. "Icarus, I know you probably don't want to leave your flock and that you fought so hard to protect them, but now you are my companion. Together all of us will fight towards a future where justice and peace reign supreme, a future where I can promise you that your flock and your home will be safe." Faris knew that it was unknown whether or not pokemon could understand humans (although some were confirmed to, a pidgey was not one of them) but researchers had found that they seemed to be able to recognize the emotions behind the words. Faris' words were sincere and with no malicious intent to speak of.

Icarus appeared to understand and his glare soon faded so Faris held out his arm as a sort of perch for him. The pidgey seemed to understand this as well and flew onto Faris' arm, sitting there for a moment as a relieved look donned the formerly glaring face. Then, for some reason Icarus left the perch on Faris' arm, instead opting to fly right beside Faris. The reason was unfortunately made clear soon enough as Faris saw that Icarus had defecated on him yet again. He scowled and decided Icarus was probably more trouble than he was worth so he moved along only to find that now Icarus was following him like he should have in the first place. It looked like that was probably a "I'll follow you but I won't like it" statement from Icarus. Faris sighed as he walked on, wondering about the handful of a companion he had caught himself.

Party

Prometheus | Icarus

Years
Sentret stood on his tail attentively observing the two human-like figures from a distance. While his newly captured and so far insubordinate Pokémon watched on, Joe took the time to read about his new teammate some more on the Pokedex. He quickly skimmed through the handheld until he found an interesting bit about the species exceptional hearing and eyesight. "Sentret, what do your elf eyes see?" he said casually to the Scout Pokémon. The question distracted the Pokémon's concentration, and it looked up at his new master with a look of confusion, understandably not getting the reference. Joe realized this fact and spoke once more. "….Forget I said anything….carry on."

Still intrigued by the proceedings of the two figures in the clearing, Sentret began to scurry off in their direction. The action surprised his trainer, who took a moment to grasp what the Pokémon was trying to accomplish and then proceeded to run after the little devil. "This Pokedex says you're a species of cowards, how the hell do I end up with the curious one?" yelled Joe as he continued his pursuit. A fifty meter sprint was brought to a halt when Sentret stopped in front of the two trainers.

Joe wasn't far behind and brought up the rear. His advance couldn't have been more apparent to the two as he rustled through various patched of grass and stepped on more than his fair share of twigs. When he finally was within speaking range, Joe had to stop for a bit to catch his breath. Normally, the trainer wouldn't have been as tired as he was at the moment, but the unexpected pace brought on by his ever so wondering Sentret took a greater toll.

Sentret resumed his species' trademark stance of balancing itself on his tail while focusing his entire attention on Mari. Her appearance confounded him and he refused to take his eyes off her until he solved the mystery. Joe on the other hand found himself in an awkward situation of having to explain himself to the two trainers before him. He only took a quick glance at either before actually engaging them in conversation, choosing not to focus on either of them for too long. One was a kid who was clearly younger than himself covered in some type of white stuff, and the other seemed to be in a very convincing animal suit. "Sorry to interrupt, just came to reclaim my Sentret….err…..neither one of you are one of those Ditto things, right?" he asked awkwardly, being unsure of how to start off this meeting.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Scott slumped himself on a rock back at the ruins of alph, slightly depressed. e had wanted to view Violet city a lot more, and he honestly didn't think these trainers were going to get very far.

"What's with that stupid future thing anyway, didn't team Galactic try and do that or something? With the technology we had surely we couldn't form the red chain again?"

Ken must have left a few questions roaming in Scott's mind. Truth to be told, he was one of the few people he expected to be told everything too, it was as if the boss didn't trust his own son... he didn't understanmd everything, but for the rest of the night he came up with several theories as to how tis plan was going to work.

Morning - Scott woke up with his head on a wooden table in the next stone room. His team were probably sleeping next to the main entrance. He picked himself up, and glared at the table with dim eyes. Half a pint of milk lay there. Scott felt like a little kid whenever he drank milk, as all his team mates were generally drinking alcohol. He picked himself up and checked his clock. Today's the day the trainers finally start, so they should be here in a few days. Scott didn't want to wait around so he messaged the boss for a private conversation.

Boss: What is it Scott

Scott: I request that my squad be taken to Azalea town, as my research concludes that Azalea is home to the second gym, where many trainers will be heading towar-

Boss: yes yes, I understand your impatience. Let me organize travel arrangements, and where you will stay. If you want to go there it will have to be in Ilex forest. We have an outpost there that may suit your needs. Also, send me over the research from the ruins. I assume you've finished.

Scott: Yes da- I mean sir.

crap! Scott hadn't even requested for anyone to do the work, yet his team had been told to do it... Perhaps one of them had it.

Midday - the team arrived in Ilex forest unoticed, and hid themselves in the forest area behind the pokémon centre, that way it would be easy to duck in and appear from the allyway. His team were settled. Now we wait...

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years

Graham Chandler
Love & Pokemon - C1:P5

The brush began to fade behind Graham as he hiked up the hill marking the divider between New Bark Town, and route 29. He looked down at the terrain from the crest of the hill, and took notice of how much he trekked since the time he left the laboratory this morning. After all of the events that happened today it seemed to Graham that he was back where he had started, and upon further thought he realized the day wasn't even half over yet. The entrance of the lab seemed like steps away compared to the gate junction he just traveled from. Eventually Graham found himself outside of the laboratory knocking on the door waiting for an answer.

Mid-knock the door swung open to Daisy standing in the doorway. "Graham!" She rang out with a subtle hint of surprise in her voice. "You're back so soon." Excited by Graham's unexpected appearance she twirled her hair around her finger, and bit her lip lightly as she waited for his response.

"I couldn't continue my journey any longer without being in your presence one more time, Daisy." He responded with an animated look on. Daisy gave out a jubilant cry, and punched Graham in the chest in a playful manner.

"Oh Stop!" She blushed. Inviting him inside, she turned to walk down the foyer, and started to question. "So why are you really here? I thought you were on the way to Cherrygrove City. Did you forget something?"

"Not quite, I got into a bit of trouble, and now I need your help." Graham paused.

"Okay, spit it out." Daisy snapped back in curiosity.

"Chikorita, and I got attacked by a wild Geodude on Route 46. We managed to win, but she took a pretty bad beating. Would you mind if I use the lab's healing machine?" He explained.

"Day one, and you've already managed to screw things up, huh? Lucky for Chikorita I'm a nice girl, and she's more than welcome to use the lab's facilities anytime. You on the other hand." Daisy smirked, leading Graham down the hall to the machine.

The two stopped in front of the healing device, and Graham approached Daisy tightly hugging her saying "Thank you Daisy, you're a lifesaver."

She hugged him back, and whispered in his ear "I know." After a few seconds they released each other, and she tugged his sweater adding "Come on pretty boy, it's healin' time."

She motioned to Graham for Chikorita's Pokeball, and pressed a button on the machine that opened the top of the chamber where the healing Pokemon rest. She placed the ball inside, and set the machine to perfect health. The machine started to light up, and the monitor display read, healing underway.

"Give it a few minutes. Chikorita should come out feeling brand new in no time." Daisy smiled. Turning, and stepping away from the device in one graceful movement came the words "Follow me Graham."

Graham obediently followed behind her as she led him up the stairs to a sliding glass door which lead to a balcony overlooking the surrounding mountainous areas, and a ranch owned by the laboratory below. Daisy opened the door, and Graham stepped out onto the terrace where a low wooden coffee table rested next to two padded armchairs. Graham stepped aside to pull a chair out for Daisy to sit. He pulled his armchair up next to hers, and sat facing her direction. Overlooking the empty ranch below Graham started to question "Daisy, why aren't there any Pokemon playing outside right now?"

"Good question." Daisy readjusted herself in her chair before answering. "Last night there was an incident on Route 45, and some wild Pokemon were found to be infected with a synthetic neurotoxin. Since the incident Professor Elm ordered that we return our Pokemon to their respective balls, and place them back in the lab's PC." After delivering her short speech, she sighed softly, and slouched back in her chair.

"That's a shame to hear." He paused for a moment to dwell on the subject, "And nobody knows who did this, or what caused this neurotoxin outbreak?"

"Nope. Local authorities are developing a case, but I haven't heard anything. What's even more suspicious is there's no cause for any of this to happen. This region has been at peace for years, and this is just a tragedy. Professor Elm could probably give you more insight on this subject than I could, he was on the scene last night."

"Where's the professor now? He was here a while ago when we left earlier."

"You're full of questions today!" She exclaimed playfully, "He's out with a colleague of his. They went to Violet City for some reason, he'll probably be back soon."

A faint, joyful jingle could be heard playing somewhere in the distance. Daisy sprang up at the sound, "That's the machine Chikorita is back to full health!"

Graham stood up, and opened the sliding door for Daisy to walk through. She thanked him briefly, and the two headed downstairs to the machine. Daisy pressed the LCD display, and the chamber opened slowly as some cryogenic gases were released. She grabbed the Pokeball, and handed it to Graham. "There you go, she's all healed up. Let her out, she's probably anxious to walk around and stretch."

Graham pointed the Pokeball at the space between Daisy, and his feet pressing the release button. Shortly after Chikorita appeared in front of them. She stretched her little legs out, and yawned. Looking around she instantly recognized Graham, and jumped up into his arms, embracing him affectionately. Daisy let out a jovial grin as she watched the two of them play.

"Thank you so much Daisy. I didn't think we would have made it to Cherrygrove City in one piece. Now that Chikorita is back to full health, and she knows Razor Leaf, it should be a piece of cake getting there." Chikorita's eyes began to light up, and her mouth opened wide at the end of Graham's statement.

Daisy laughed, and said "You're putting ideas in her head. Now she's hungry, and lucky for you I have food to share." Daisy turned, and started walking towards her desk. Chikorita leaped out of Graham's arms and followed Daisy.

"Thanks Daisy." Graham noted sarcastically.

Daisy began to dig through her bag, as she came across a brown box. She opened the box, and pulled a muffin-like treat out. Kneeling down to Chikorita's level, she broke the muffin in half, put a piece in Chikorita's mouth, and put the other piece on the Laboratory floor. Chikorita scarfed down both pieces without hesitation, yipping in delight at Daisy's edible gift.

"What's that you just fed her? Graham asked out of curiosity.

"It's a poffin. It's like a muffin, but with a mixed variety of berry flavors. Specially made Pokemon treats, you know?" Graham walked towards her, and Chikorita while she spoke.

"Oh! That makes sense, I fed her some Oran berries when we were out earlier, and she seemed to enjoy those a lot. Next time I'm at a market I'll look out for those." Graham picked up Chikorita, and started again "Ready to go honey?"

"CHIKAA!" She pronounced happily. Graham outstretched Chikorita close to Daisy.

"Tell Daisy thank you." Chikorita licked Daisy's face, and she giggled at the touch of Chikorita's tongue. Graham, let her go, and Chikorita pranced around at Graham's feet.

Stepping towards Daisy he started "You know I would lick your face too, but I think we'll settle for a kiss on the cheek today."

"I agree." Daisy said delightfully. She puckered her lips, and pointed to the spot on her cheek where she waited for Graham to kiss her. He leaned forward to kiss her cheek, but before he could make contact she quickly slapped him in the face.

The two laughed, and smiled at each other. Looking deep into her eyes, Graham said "That wasn't fair, Daisy."

She joyfully responded, "Anything is fair in love, and Pokemon." She smiled, and opened her arms wide signally to Graham for a hug.

"You're not playing me right? This is a real hug this time." Daisy nodded, and Graham stepped towards her, arms outstretched ready for a hug. Before making contact, Daisy slapped him in the face again. Graham's shoulders dropped in disappointment, and his expression started to change.

Daisy suddenly wrapped her arms around him, and said "You're a sweetheart Graham. I'm glad we're friends." Graham hugged her back, and lit up a genuine smile behind her back.

"Me too." He replied. "I feel like we're going to be great friends." They stepped away from each other, and headed towards the front door of the laboratory.

"So no more unexpected visits to the lab from you, right?"

"Right."

Graham reached out, and Chikorita jumped into his arms. "Looks like we're back at square one, huh?" Chikorita yipped, and nodded agreeing with Graham's statement. Graham, and Chikorita waved bye at Daisy, and started heading off in the direction of Route 29.

From a distance Graham could hear Daisy's voice calling out "Graham! Wait, you forgot something." He stopped in his tracks, and waited as she ran over to him, and Chikorita a few feet away from the lab. She approached him, and suddenly kissed him on the cheek saying, "Be safe hero. Johto will tear you apart if you take it for granted. Remember, I gave you potions earlier for a reason, use them. No more unexpected visits to the lab."

"Okay Daisy, anything for you." He kissed her on the cheek in the middle of the road, under the setting sunlight with one last intention on his mind for the day, Johto by Sunset.

Last edited:
Back