• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me what model of Toshiba Laptop i'll buy?

kjmj14

The Pokemon Master
Years
The title said it all. I need help what laptop model of Toshiba is the best for gaming and making animation because this end of january, my mom will gonna buy me a laptop. :D

Gerri Shin

  
Years
If you're looking for a great everyday Toshiba, I'd say go with one of the Satellite Models. You could go for the Satellite Pro models, but if you're just using it as a student or for games, I'd say the regular satellite models will do just fine. Just make sure it has a minimum of around 2GB of RAM and a Processor speed over 1.6GHz, and you'll be in pretty good shape for the next couple years.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Not sure how good it is for what your doing, but I have a Satellite L555D S7930 and I love it :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Many IT intelligence said that Toshiba is great for programming, animation, and even playing games... :D
I do IT for a living, and I suggest an Asus. And any laptop is good for "programming, animation, and even playing games," provided you have enough power backing it. The only difference you'll see between brands is reliability and support; what really makes the difference is the software.

twocows

Years
Oh i see...
Let me check the features of ASUS maybe i'll like it... :D
Asus makes a lot of different laptops; there's not just one that they make. Here's one you might like; be sure to look at the specifications page.

kjmj14

The Pokemon Master
Years
I know now, why i'm looking for toshiba only...
Its because asus branch is very far from us and only toshiba branch has the nearest place in our home...
And thats why, my mother choose toshiba laptop to bought for me because if there's a problem with the laptop, it would be easy for my mother to bring the laptop and replace it as soon as possible... :D
So hope, many users will tell me all kinds of model of toshiba so i can choose from it.
And after i made my decision, i'll give it to my mother and she'll do the rest... :D

twocows

Years
I know now, why i'm looking for toshiba only...
Its because asus branch is very far from us and only toshiba branch has the nearest place in our home...
And thats why, my mother choose toshiba laptop to bought for me because if there's a problem with the laptop, it would be easy for my mother to bring the laptop and replace it as soon as possible... :D
So hope, many users will tell me all kinds of model of toshiba so i can choose from it.
And after i made my decision, i'll give it to my mother and she'll do the rest... :D
You might consider the Toshiba Satellite A500 series; it appears to have some pretty good specs. I personally recommend the A505-S6986; if that's unavailable, try the A505-S6985 for the same price and a little less hard drive space.

Both models come pre-loaded with the following bloatware that I recommend you uninstall: Norton Internet Security™ 2009 (30 day trial), Microsoft® Works Version 9.0, Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial), and some other stuff that you may wish to choose to uninstall yourself. Substitute avast! Home Edition (requires a yearly free registration) for Norton Internet Security trial, and substitute the full Microsoft Office (currently discounted) or OpenOffice.org for Works and the Office trial. If you are a student, you can get Microsoft Office and other Microsoft software at a discounted price.

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
Years
I got a Toshiba Satellite L500-19X for Christmas. It's awesome in every way besides the fact that you must buy Microsoft Office 2007 seperately. It has everything I wanted though. I'd really recommend it.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
It looks just fine, though if it's running Vista or windows 7, I would definitely suggest investing in an extra GB of RAM to put it up to 2GB. That way you can be sure to have a smooth user experience. (1GB is still usable, but you may find the OS to be a slight bit sluggish.)

twocows

Years
I found the laptop that i'm going to buy... :D
Here's a detailed of it:
http://www.asianic.com.ph/product/toshiba-l300-P414

So what do you think guys, is it ok?
Intel® Dual Core M Processor T3400
Bad
1GB DDR2
Bad
Intel X3100 Graphics
EXTREMELY bad, better hope you don't try to play any games made in the past five years
250GB SATA HDD
OK

The T3400 is underpowered and outdated (get a Core 2 series or better), 1GB RAM is bad, and Intel integrated graphics is horrible for any sort of gaming (any game made in the last 5 years or so will give you significant problems). You'd be better off finding a better laptop; try the A300 series, the E200 series, the M300 series, or the M500 series; they should all be available where you live. Go for one with a dedicated graphics card (ATI or Nvidia) and at least 2GB of RAM.

Last edited:

kjmj14

The Pokemon Master
Years
Intel® Dual Core M Processor T3400
Bad
1GB DDR2
Bad
Intel X3100 Graphics
EXTREMELY bad, better hope you don't try to play any games made in the past five years
250GB SATA HDD
OK

The T3400 is underpowered and outdated (get a Core 2 series or better), 1GB RAM is bad, and Intel integrated graphics is horrible for any sort of gaming (any game made in the last 5 years or so will give you significant problems). You'd be better off finding a better laptop; try the A300 series, the E200 series, the M300 series, or the M500 series; they should all be available where you live. Go for one with a dedicated graphics card (ATI or Nvidia) and at least 2GB of RAM.

w0w!
Your good... :D
Can you help me find the best laptop for me... :D
Here's a link of all the list that are on sale in our country:
http://www.asianic.com.ph/product_list/notebooks

twocows

Years
w0w!
Your good... :D
Can you help me find the best laptop for me... :D
Here's a link of all the list that are on sale in our country:
http://www.asianic.com.ph/product_list/notebooks
Unfortunately, that list is quite limited; there is not a Toshiba laptop on there that has a dedicated graphics card (or even more than 1GB of RAM). If you go with one of the Toshibas listed, I can say with certainty that it will not be good for gaming. That said, your best option among the Toshiba laptops listed is the Toshiba Satellite L310; it's a bit more expensive than the one you picked, but the processor is much better. It could still benefit from a RAM upgrade, though; that's for sure. The one you picked would be the second choice, so I won't bother listing any others.

I can also list a few good alternatives in case you change your mind about going with a Toshiba. This MSI EX 460x is an absolute steal at its price; it has a good processor (significantly better than both of the Toshiba laptops), 4GB of RAM, a dedicated ATI graphics card (roughly equivalent to a GeForce 9300, I'd say, which is enough to play most modern games on low settings reasonably well), and a 250 GB hard drive as well, and it's about the same price as the one you linked to. Another option is this Asus K40IN, which has a good processor (same as the MSI one), 4GB of RAM (more than enough to provide a smooth experience in or out of game), a dedicated Nvidia G102M graphics card, and a 320 GB hard drive. Both of these are good deals for the price, but I'd recommend the MSI one as it's considerably cheaper and slightly more powerful (though the hard drive is a bit smaller).

You might benefit from shopping around to different retailers and seeing if you can find a better deal. What you want to look for is a laptop with a Core 2 Duo or i7 processor, at least 2GB of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card (ATI Radeon dedicated or Nvidia GeForce).

Last edited:
Back