• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How do we add our friends on Dream World? I've tried exchanging FCs. interacting with them over wifi, and search on my Dream Pal Map. Nothing is working. =/

You can't add your friends on your Pal Pad to Dream World. If you encounter them randomly through DW, it works, but it is all completely random who you meet/befriend.

It will still list your friends on your Pal Pad on your account, as well as whoever you trade with on GTS Negotiations.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
But what is this damn dream world everyone is talking about XD

Years
Go to http://Pokemon.com/, and on the upper right-hand corner is a tab called Global Link. Basically, it is a new feature in Pokemon where you can send special Pokemon and items to your game.

For example, you can't get berries easily in Black/White version. But you can plant them on Dream World and send them to your game. There's also Pokemon you can get with Dream World only abilities. All of this is strictly Wi-fi though.

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Anyone know how long the pokerus last? I hear 2 days...but is that ingame?
Pokerus effects are still left till the end, but you can't spread them after it's "cured".
Put a Pokerus-infected pokemon in a box and the Pokerus will never lift unless it stays in your party a night.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Alright, so I haz a level 40 Scolipede, and I thought it was pretty strong and quite fast..But going through the E4 the first time, I got to watch as Scoli hit very low, and was continiously beat down. So, I was wondering if I had wasted my time training it up, and if I should continue with my plan for training it up more in the endgame. Its moves:

Steamroller
Poison Tail
Venoshock
Strength

Its level 40 :/. So, should I keep and train it some more? Or stick it in the PC and pick a new Pokemon to train instead. Thanks! Also, its uses in battle..And Pokemon it can squash would be helpful XD.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
Alright, so I haz a level 40 Scolipede, and I thought it was pretty strong and quite fast..But going through the E4 the first time, I got to watch as Scoli hit very low, and was continiously beat down. So, I was wondering if I had wasted my time training it up, and if I should continue with my plan for training it up more in the endgame. Its moves:

Steamroller
Poison Tail
Venoshock
Strength

Its level 40 :/. So, should I keep and train it some more? Or stick it in the PC and pick a new Pokemon to train instead. Thanks! Also, its uses in battle..And Pokemon it can squash would be helpful XD.

It's underleveled, to say the least. I'd keep it on your team, though, since it could be useful against the Elite Four (especially Grimsley). Train it up to level 50, if you can. If not, 47 or 48 should work.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Yeah, you're on that home stretch with that Scolipede there. Since it's a Bug type, it'll do wonders against Grimsley, and later another trainer who also sports an extremely difficult Dark type. You'll also have an easy time with Caitlin, all except for her Sigilyph, which you can probably wipe out with a Dark, Ice, Ghost, or Electric move...

I suggest a Lucky Egg and either going to the Sports Stadium or fighting off Audinos on Route 10 and the area around Victory Road.

Just make sure he can keep Steamrollin' his way to victory. ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Is it worth it to use a traded pokemon to level up to 100 or is it not too much of a different to where I should just use my own breeded one?

LET ME KNOW PLEASE :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
The traded Pokemon will level up faster as traded Pokemon get more exp. So it is worth considering.

Of course, I'm just asking if the difference is very worth it or should I just go with my own breed since it would be nice to have my name on the pokemon.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Of course, I'm just asking if the difference is very worth it or should I just go with my own breed since it would be nice to have my name on the pokemon.

Really, it's your opinion. Would you like to have your own name on the Pokémon? If so, then do it yourself.

Although I will point out that by breeding you can get good natures, IVs and moves far more easily than via trading, but with a fair bit of extra work.

edit: ninja'd, but not deleting because of the egg moves and etc bit.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Well, that's essentially up to you, of course. If the traded Pokemon's nickname is so horrid that you can't bear to look at it, then I recommend getting your own. I raised a Tyranitar named Slim Shady to level 100 once, though, so it's not like it's a big issue.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Horrible question, I know, but I'm new to EV training. I just maxed out my Axew, so does that mean no matter who he faces, his EVs won't change and I can just battle any high level Pokemon to make him level up quicker? I'm thinking I'm fine but I just want to hear it from someone else

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
If you've maxed him out at 510 EVs, then yes, he won't gain any more unless you forcibly take them away with certain berries. In other words, go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back