• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
No Iris? D: I actually liked her as a Gym Leader, but I think she could have a supporting role this time around.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that no new Gym Leaders other than Homika and Shizui were revealed, but I'm fine with that because I like Homika.

I also agree with Hikari10's predicted gym lineup; it kind of makes sense to me that they might use a similar gym lineup as the original B/W.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Lol we were lied to or the POkemon fan sites misinterpreted. I was sure Brycen wouldn't be in it, Iccirus is frozen over, but they said otherwise. Glad he isn't though.

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe this could signal that Iris has become an Elite Four member?

Also, I wonder what name they will give to Shizui's badge?

For some reason I have a feeling that Shizui will give you the Wave Badge, IIRC it hasn't been used before and it suits him pretty well IMO.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Lol we were lied to or the POkemon fan sites misinterpreted. I was sure Brycen wouldn't be in it, Iccirus is frozen over, but they said otherwise. Glad he isn't though.

Hopefully this is only Black 2's line up...why Iris? Her city isn't frozen over like the Triplets', Lenora's, or Brycen's towns.

There is supposedly only 1 City frozen and I doubt its any of the Gym Cities right now. The one in the trailer was fairly large (it could have been exaggerated for the trailer, but still). Iccirus wasn't that large, would make sense if it were Lenora's city cause it's fairly large though it could be the Second city from the game and not any of the Gym Cities.

As for the line up posted, that wouldn't really be the same as the B/W line up cause you'd have to travel through Black City/White Forest to get to Undella to battle Shizui then back to Nimbasa to get to Driftvell to battle Clay and move on from there.

I'm still goin with the linear pattern they had before:
Cheren, Homika, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Drayden, Shuzui

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Imo Shizui might be 7th and Drayden 8th. This gyms' order is currently shown in Bulbapedia. I think Opelucid Gym might be skipped during first visit in Opelucid, player will have to go through Lacunosa to Undella (where Shizui gym might be). After getting badge from Shizui, player will have to go to Giant Chasm, encounter Kyurem, go to Opelucid to get last badge and from Opelucid to League.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Imo Shizui might be 7th and Drayden 8th. This gyms' order is currently shown in Bulbapedia. I think Opelucid Gym might be skipped during first visit in Opelucid, player will have to go through Lacunosa to Undella (where Shizui gym might be). After getting badge from Shizui, player will have to go to Giant Chasm, encounter Kyurem, go to Opelucid to get last badge and from Opelucid to League.

Bulbapedia said:
The Gym Leaders will be Cheren, Homika, Drayden, Clay, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, and Shizui (order, other than the first two, is currently unknown).

No they aren't shown in order on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia even says that the order in which the Gyms are ranked is still currently unknown.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
No they aren't shown in order on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia even says that the order in which the Gyms are ranked is still currently unknown.

I'm not saying it's official order but there it is:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova#Gym_Leaders_2

It makes sense, making Opelucid Gym last and going straight to League. Giant Chasm might be blocked by ice boundary while going to Undella to get 7th badge from Shizui. While going back to Opelucid, ice boundary would open.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps Plasma or the frozen city if it's Icirus, is blocking the way to Opelucid forcing us to go though the southern route, passing by White/Black city, Undella against Shizui if his town is near there, and arriving by the Chasm to find Kyurem than making our way to Opelucid for the 8th badge.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
This is really unlikely and rooted more upon the facts presented by the Anime than the games, but hey, tis merely speculation: The Best Wishes incarnation of Iris hates cold, ice, and Ice-type Pokemon. So maybe our in-game Iris has a similar phobia/hatred and bailed out of the freezing region thusly (maybe to go to the warm and tropical Hoenn? Can I hear a "Gen III remakes" up in here?)

I say this not believing a word of it myself, but it's all for fun and fun for all.

Years
I think Bulbapedia has revealed the order of the Gyms:

1. Cheren
  2. Homika
  3. Burgh
  4. Elesa
  5. Clay
  6. Skyla
  7. Shizui
  8. Drayden

This is the order I think.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Hm, just Drayden? Wonder what happens to Iris. I was hoping for a Dark type Gym Leader this time, kind of tired of it being an Elite Four only type.

Years
So far, the only one whose full team has been confirmed is Elesa. She has Zebstrika, Flaaffy and Emolga.

Cheren has Patrat one other Pokemon, Homika has Koffing and one other Pokemon.

Now that we know the likely order, let's move the speculation to the teams.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Now that all Pokemon can be accessed before the Elite Four, the possibilities are endless. I wouldn't even know where to begin...

I have a feeling they'll give Clay a Sandslash, a Claydol, or maybe a Gligar? I doubt they'll give him a Gliscor because a Gliscor and an Exadrill would be OP for a first time Gym, but I do think they'll try to give many Gyms some more coverage with dual-types. Now a re-battle may be a totally different story.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can see Clay having Steelix (it's also part ground for those who forget), Exadrill, and Claydoll.
Skyla- Unfezant, Skarmory, Pelliper (due to delivery)

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Oh they'll have legit moves, they'll just be, you know, 14 levels lower than they would normally evolve.

Does this speculation include their teams in the special tournament? I'm sure they'll be OP, lol.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Homika has Koffing and one other Pokemon.

Wait, she only has 2 Pokemon? ): I wanted her to have the team they gave her in the anime which were Koffing, Scolipede and Garbodor. I guess they could give her a Whirlipede?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back