• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Grow??

tkay1493

Water pokemon Trainer!
Years
OK,
so you know when a baby human or animal is bron its small right? and it grows to become its full size!
WELL POKEMON SHOULD DO THAT!
like you hatch and egg and you get a full size kangascon or wailmer.
they do not start out small and grow...
and in the pokemon games they should have the hieght and weight of pokemon very, becoise no two humans are the same height and wierght and we alkl grow so why not ahve the pokemon grow to?
like you hatcha a egg. and you get a baby kangascon, thne it grows a little everyday untill its the adult size.

Agree?
Disagree?
Explain!

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Not sure on this, but I think height/weight indicates the average of the Pokemon's species. Probably excluding special cases like Dragonitezilla.

Anyhow, this is pretty much yet another idea for realism that gets shot down by the constraints of technology (aren't it awesome?). Doing that kind of thing would pretty much shoot the number of individual sprites on the cartridge into overdrive, and it seems pretty packed-in as is. =P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
The simple answer is that its a game/anime, they dont really need to make them grow.
An attempt at a logical answer- Since pokemon rapidly hatch/evolve, indicating that they are fully developed at this point. They therefore have no need to grow.

Back