• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Glitch City

What else should be included in here?(Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Pokémon Glitch City - Beta1 Released!

2n8y8on.png

6fxly8.png

Hack of
i79b9z.png

2n8d3eu.png

About a year ago, in Virdian City, a building caught fire, right after it was constructed. The building held up somewhat, and is still there, but nobody has been in it since, and nobody seems to dare to go in. Once you go in, and get to the top, you can visit certain glitch cities. Read on for more explanation.

2mn0qdj.png
- FR with implements of glitches, rumors, and other references

- Go to the original glitch city from the Safari Zone, and the rest you can visit are made from scratch

- Glitch cities for certain things (Snowy weather, Islands, Rainy weather, etc.)

- "Bill's Secret Garden"
Yes, "the garden." You can visit it, and it will also lead to other places, that weren't rumored;)

- Wild question marks at level 0 on the Cinnabar coast for now, as a placeholder for other sprites

- Maybe New starters
I was thinking maybe Marill could be included as one, renamed to Pikablu. Or even better, other "Pokegods" and/or Missingno. and 'M as starters.

- Mist Stone
You can find a mist stone in Bill's Secret Garden. It's just an easter egg for now though, but some kind of effect will come later. Look out for "CASCADEBADGE" and "COOLTRAINER" as items in the next beta!

- More to come... Feel free to volunteer your own!

-----------------------------------------------

1z30xgh.png

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Mapshots
Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:

Banners

15nu52f.png

Spoiler:

6fxly8.png

Spoiler:

2aio9lk.png

Spoiler:

2uqchsx.gif

Spoiler:

x29b1h.png

Spoiler:

5djsie.png

Spoiler:

23ixa9t.png

Spoiler:

po9rp.png

Spoiler:

25rpc03.png

As of December 16th, 2008
A new overhaul being planned. Hack may be restarted.

2rr06sh.png

Beta 1 (October 19th, 2008)

Changes since the Pre-Beta

- Ghost script taken out of building in Viridian, Silph Scope

- Changed building layout

- 2 more glitch cities

- Bill's Secret Garden extended

- Placeholder for mystery route and cave/peak, Gate blocking

vncu8h.png

At the top of the building, to go to which place, step off as follows:
1 - Safari glitch city
2 - Snow glitch city
3 - Island glitch city
4 - Back to building's first floor

>> Download

From now on the thread will only include the latest one. For older releases, PM me and I'll send them to you.

BUGS AND GLITCHES(what an oxymoron for this lol)
None yet, but...

NOTE - I have not made some kind of warp or what not to get out of any of the glitch cities, so you need to have fly or some way to get out, or just don't save inside any of them.

jl6osg.png

someperson2008
Creator
Mapping
Banners
Texting

Beta testers
torferno lvl-X
varial295

Wanted
More Beta testers
Scripters

If you want to do a job, just put this in a post :

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
This is nice. :)
A glitch version. :)
I'm very curious about that building. ;)
Anyways, about the Lugia script, it could be the script itself. :\
Maybe you forgot the part where you want the Lugia sprite to vanish. :\
Good Luck~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
thanks and no i actually don't script yet i used the same offsets and unknowns from the navel rock script. and I also tried a warp to the navel rock and the same thing happened to me so i think it has to do with the national dex. bc it probably checks the dex and makes it disappear depending on if you caught it or saw it, and lugia isnt on just the kanto dex so it seems to be smth to do with that, to me at least.

Last edited:

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
hey man, thanks for checking out my hack, thought it was courtesy to check out yours. Ooh, I want a Pikablu! Will it actually be called Pikablu or will it just be Marill?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
uhm i actually wasn't planning on actually having pikablu in the game... If i did add it, it would just be a marill, because i dont have tools to add fakemon bc i hate fakemon lol.

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
Years
I saw this name, and immediatley knew i would love this hack.

Glitch city was epic back in the day, and if its back, You gotta love it!

You got my support 210%

Also, you should add old school missingo in. and make an OW for it, that would be hilarious!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I saw this name, and immediatley knew i would love this hack.

Glitch city was epic back in the day, and if its back, You gotta love it!

You got my support 210%

Also, you should add old school missingo in. and make an OW for it, that would be hilarious!

idk about adding pkmn in or anything, yet. What do u mean by OW?

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
Years
OW = Overworld.
LIke in Ruby/Sapphire when you See Groudon/Kyogre, thats an OW.
Have it at the top of the tower.

(I mean I could probably make the OW and insert it for you if you need me to...Unless you dont want me to help)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
OW = Overworld.
LIke in Ruby/Sapphire when you See Groudon/Kyogre, thats an OW.
Have it at the top of the tower.

(I mean I could probably make the OW and insert it for you if you need me to...Unless you dont want me to help)

oh ok i see. um i already use overworld lol and know how to do the sprite editing. I'll figure something out. I mean, I just started it a few days ago lol.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
This remembers me of my old hack: Pokémon MissingGlitch.

Basically, the glitches were sleeping for all time, and now they've woken up, stronger than ever. And have the ability to corrupt normal Pokémon itno glitches.

Even though everyone seemed to like it, everyone stopped posting in the thread so it died.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
This remembers me of my old hack: Pokémon MissingGlitch.

Basically, the glitches were sleeping for all time, and now they've woken up, stronger than ever. And have the ability to corrupt normal Pokémon itno glitches.

Even though everyone seemed to like it, everyone stopped posting in the thread so it died.

well i actually like that idea a lot. I wasn't here for that i guess.. I haven't been on here for that long. I was like 2 years ago but then there was like a gap of a year and I just made a new account a few months ago.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hey have you ever thought of putting that old ghost pokemon glitch in there......
There he is down there (If you use him plz credit thx!)

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
Years
I never did ever see a glitch in a Pokémon game that wasn't a glitch Pokémon (outside of Bulbapedia and Wikipedia). This is...interesting. I hope you complete this hack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I never did ever see a glitch in a Pokémon game that wasn't a glitch Pokémon (outside of Bulbapedia and Wikipedia). This is...interesting. I hope you complete this hack.

well, i'm actually not hacking pokemon lol just because i hate fakemon or editing wild pokemon period. and btw I added the ghost from the pokemon tower to the floor before the last in the abandoned building in viridian. Also the pokemon mansion tiles are all in that building now. Screenshots are on the first post if u wanna c them =]

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
Years
well, i'm actually not hacking pokemon lol just because i hate fakemon or editing wild pokemon period. and btw I added the ghost from the pokemon tower to the floor before the last in the abandoned building in viridian. Also the pokemon mansion tiles are all in that building now. Screenshots are on the first post if u wanna c them =]
I can't edit Pokémon sprites outside of OW's. I managed to change Voltorb to Electrode, but only the 'look down' OW sprite.

EDIT: Fifteen posts! WOOT!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I can't edit Pokémon sprites outside of OW's. I managed to change Voltorb to Electrode, but only the 'look down' OW sprite.

EDIT: Fifteen posts! WOOT!

i can on UNLZ.gba but i choose not to lol unless i wanted to do a different pose of the same pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
So when you think you will get done with the beta?

well really soon i'm probably going to release a 2nd alpha, if everything works out well. After that will be a pre-beta, then a beta. I don't wanna go really fast through the releases... Well, i do but I want to do it in order. The next might be a pre-beta though. It depends. I'll edit the first post under releases and coming soon when I come up with smth. =]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
So just for the record I'm planning on the pre-beta coming out soon =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back