• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Series (GBA toolbox)

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Wichu, you might want to fix the sprite editor.

Sometimes when I edit the sprite, the shiny sprite gets messed up, and some of the colors in the sprite become the background color, creating a mess.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Wichu, you might want to fix the sprite editor.

Sometimes when I edit the sprite, the shiny sprite gets messed up, and some of the colors in the sprite become the background color, creating a mess.

Your sprite might be the one messed up, or you messed it up when you move the palette, that was a bug from a really old version, 1.1 i think, and it is fixed by now, check the palette of the sprite and see if it doesnt overlap colors.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
These set of tools are the nicest programs ever. It is awesome, it helps so much, thank you.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
These are really great tools. I especially love your sprite editor, it's so much easier than using unLZ and repointing data. The autoposition button on the position editor is really nice, too. Great work with these. (even though it was a long time ago now)

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Uhm, I think I've found a bug. I'm trying to put Mesprit into a hack, and I directly followed the palette (as in re-making the bitmap from only the colors in palette), but it always says that the colors aren't all from one palette... If it counts for anything, I'm trying to overwrite Articuno in a Ruby ROM...

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
did you actually index it with irfanview? try that (i know it's supposed to have non-indexed support; but just try it)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Nevermind, I figured it out. In PDN, I had the transparent background, and there was 1 pixel that had an extremely transparent color (next to blank) and the game wouldn't recognize it... Soo, it's fixed... YAY!

If you are using Photoshop or GIMP, or any other high-end painting programs, make sure everything is set to eliminate the chance of a transparency.

(Photoshop users can click+Hold on the Paintbrush, and change it to pencil, eliminating some transparency issues, GIMP can just use Pencil tool...)

Erasers too, (Photoshop users, set your Eraser to "Pencil Mode" and GIMP users should set the affected strength of the eraser to MAXIMUM, and that there isn't a transparency channel...)

Years
Those tools are very usefull for the hacker like me. Btw. Can you make a tool that can edit triners sprite, player Backsprite and battle Background sprite. Anyways Thanks for making such usefull tools.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
While attempting to change a palette in a Firered romhack, I got an unhandled exception, caused by arithmetic operation resulting in an overflow, if the error message is to be trusted.

Is this an error caused by trying to edit a romhack, an error caused by my laziness in not updating anything on my computer, or something else entirely? I get the error message when I try to write anything to the rom, whether changing a sprite or changing a single color on a palette.

Details enclosed in spoiler.

Spoiler:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Those tools are very usefull for the hacker like me. Btw. Can you make a tool that can edit triners sprite, player Backsprite and battle Background sprite. Anyways Thanks for making such usefull tools.

Amazingly enough, there's a tool for that already. It's called unLZ.gba. :>

Years
Yes, I know that but It is hard to do with Unlz gba. If there is a tool for those thing it would be ease. What do you think?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Making a tool to make what we do with unlz.gba would be a nightmare. Now that these tools are out, the only thing we really need unlz.gba for (in Pokemon ROM hacks) is to do things with tilemaps. Besides the fact that using unlz.gba isn't hard at all to use. Just because it's not been updated, and doesn't have the nice things that this tool has, doesn't mean it should be eradicated or replaced. In other words: don't be lazy, and learn how to use unlz.gba

Back