• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2012
I finished Black yesterday, so I decided to try and find a shiny today. I got bored after 3 and a half hours of running around Route 14, though. The only good shinies there are Altaria and Drifblim, anyway. I'm going to pick another route - if I get a shiny, I want it to be a decent one...

Years
It's an example of an unsupported device. Please refer to the Shiny Hunter's Manual, article 4, section 2:
Condition 1: Its data has been generated or modified within the software environment of an Unsupported Device. Examples of this include use of emulators and save file modification.

Keeping shinies on emulators is okay. It counts as Unsupported Transport--the same category which includes all wi-fi interaction. But shinies originating from there don't count under the Manual. I dunno what rules you want to follow in this club.

Savestates can make SRing go super fast.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Since the shc on Serebii is closed, I guess this is the only one alive still...Too sad that one was closed because it was pretty big, with a lot more posts every day than here. RIP SHC#3

Well I just got up to 1550 Taillow eggs (I know) and I'm getting sick of this hunt, but I'm not giving up ever because who searches, will find! And it is my favorite pokémon & shiny. Also have some hunts besides that; stole my brothers DSi because he's away for the whole week and started hunting on his White (he was already hunting Mienfoo so I'm finishing that and will of course keep the shiny :3) So yeah that's everything guys; GL to all of you and gratz on the new shinies!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
It's an example of an unsupported device. Please refer to the Shiny Hunter's Manual, article 4, section 2:

Keeping shinies on emulators is okay. It counts as Unsupported Transport--the same category which includes all wi-fi interaction. But shinies originating from there don't count under the Manual. I dunno what rules you want to follow in this club.

Here's my stance on it: As long as it's not hacked it's fine. If it was obtained through the normal chances of getting a shiny, I see no reason for it to be not counted.

I will discuss it with the co-owners to see if they think I should ban 2nd and 3rd generation ROM shinies from contests only because of the ability to speed it up (you can't really speed up 4th generation roms or 5th generation roms).

Years

but that doesn't really affects the odds, does it?
a person using VBA could SR more than 10,000 times to get a shiny charmander or whatever, whereas it could take someone on a regular GBA 3 times (as unlikely as it is) even if the VBA is using the higher speed and savestates. it all comes down to luck.
ah whatever, I'll stay quiet seen as it's not down to me.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Well I just got up to 1550 Taillow eggs (I know) and I'm getting sick of this hunt, but I'm not giving up ever because who searches, will find! And it is my favorite pokémon & shiny.

That's just a hundred eggs behind my Litwick hunt. I hope you have better luck than I have had. My secondary hunt for Axew is currently at 152 eggs. I've hatched close to 2,400 eggs using the Masuda Method so far. I hope I get my first MM shiny soon.

I'm surprised that the first shiny for the current contest hasn't been found yet, especially with how quickly they were found during the last contest. I haven't found a shiny Frillish yet on my route. I wished the shiny version of the female Frillish was a different color instead of just a darker pink. I have to be extra careful that I don't run away from a shiny one. The shiny version of male Frillish are green instead of blue, so a male shiny would be more noticeable.

Congrats to any new shinies that I may of missed, and welcome to any new members that I may of missed.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Everybody welcome our newest co-owner..

!!!Latios Master!!!

KsqnT.png

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
Hey, I would like to join. I've always loved shinies and even though I only have one as of right now (Golbat) I'm finally getting into to hunting for them. Right now im SRing for a Shiny Cobalion :D I'm at 331 right now lol

Wish me Luck!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I'm having crap luck with shinies atm. I've done may be about 16000+ REs yet (for both events) and still nothing. Heck, at this point I don't even care if I get a shiny tauros or miltank (2 of my list of worst shinies)....

Years
Guess what guys, I got another shiny, it doesn't count towards the contest because I was having a break from it, I'm up to 2000 RE's btw. And so on the 10 hour flight I decided to hunt for a specific Pokemon, and 476 encounters in...

Spoiler:

Back to the contest hunt. :D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
The majority of the staff here has agree that ROM shinies will be allowed in the club.

Just so you all know.

Congrats on the Psyduck, Retro! :D

Tails05

It's Electric!
Years
I would like to participate!

My results were Gen 4 Route 229, so I have a chance of finding a shiny Gloom, Weepinbell, Illumise, Roselia, Oddish, Bellsprout, Scyther, or Volbeat, plus Ledian in the morning and Ariados at night. Quite a lot of options here, and it's not that bad of a set.

Proof in attachments below..

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
OH MY GOD!!! :D

So, I was hunting in Altering Cave in my Fire Red for a Shiny Shuckle after just 145 encounters I found a Shiny Shuckle!!! And I could it in a Dive Ball, which just makes me happy. <3

It has a horrible nature, which is Rash, but it's a shiny! <3

Here's a picture:

YHpF3.png

I was recording the entire thing too using Hypercam, so I showed that I wasn't using hacks or anything. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSODfjsdiojosjdg

So excited. <3

I have to convert the video to MP4 then upload it, but it's completely live. ^_^

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Great job Lando! That shiny is cool! As for me well, I've been in a 2 month drought. I still haven't started SRing for Snivy again, because i havent had time to do so. Good luck to everyone in the contest and their hunts.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Thank you! :D

Here is the video of the encounter.

Here is the video of me catching it in Pal Park. When I transfer it to White I will take pictures of all the stats (which you can see in the first video to confirm they are the same Pokemon.)

Here are the pictures:

Box
Profile page
Profile page
Battle

I nicknamed it Shuckle instead of SHUCKLE because I hate when the names are all capital letters.

Last edited:
Years
I've decided to create a signature to display all my latest shinies. it's a little basic, but oh well, it'll do. :P
next up, I'm going to try my first soft reset method, and try and get a shiny totodile on emerald. I think I've almost finished the hoenn dex on it anyway, so I'll get started just as soon as I do.

158.gif

Back