• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Master Ball

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire there was a Master Ball available in the Aqua/Magma Hideout near Lilycove City. It was found in a room with two Electrode and a Nugget. The problem was if you didn't get the Master Ball before defeating the evil team, then the hideout would be sealed and you could never get it again (well there was the lottery, but that's not the point). This was fixed in Emerald as the hideout remained open. My question is, did you get the Master Ball in your first playthrough, or did you miss it? Where would have been a better place for the Master Ball?

Discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I MISSED IT OMG. That's one complaint I have about RSE. I feel like the Master Ball should be a major gift from someone important. Having it in a random room you could possibly miss is just...not nice. I understand that it was there for a reason, possibly for Maxie/Archie to use on their respective legendary, but maybe at least making that room a required room to go in would have helped. I think it's just more suited to be a gift, not something you find or don't find.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YES. See, that would have worked. If they wanted to show you that Archie/Maxie had a Master Ball, wouldn't it have been better to have it like...set up as a display in the office where you find it? I think that would have been a creative way to think "oh no they have a Master Ball!" instead of finding it (hopefully anyway) and picking it up. That was just mean. I get what they were going for, but one of the most important items in the game shouldn't be permanently missable.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I've found the Master Ball in my first play-through, as I was exploring the whole place. I wasn't even aware that the place becomes sealed later. But I agree that it was a bad choice to make it like that.

Years
Pokemon Ruby is the only game that I keep resting when I beat it and I never missed the master ball not even once .

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
I never miss the Master Ball during my Playthrough of the third generation, but unlike my younger self, I never use the Master Ball. I treat it as my treasure item.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I missed the master ball in my first playthrough of emerald as I did not know where it was. In next playthrough I found it and kicked myself for being stupid.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
I missed the master ball in my first playthrough of emerald as I did not know where it was. In next playthrough I found it and kicked myself for being stupid.

i've done that. missed something important, only to realize it was right in front of my face. made me feel like an idiot. i got my 1st copy of Sapphire when i was young (don't know HOW young), and actually MISSED the stupid Master Ball. then i looked in my Bag AFTER i left and i thought "wait...where's the Master Ball?". but it was too late. place was already sealed...i was furious with myself. that never happened again.

Years
Didn't miss it, but i have to agree with you guys about the method you obtain it.
I remember the old games that the ball was given to you as one of the final prizes. When i played the third generation and found myself in that room, searching for items, and found myself with a Master Ball, i asked myself why. It could of been possible that the team Aqua wanted to use it ti capture Kyogre, but you could have obtained it after beating the grunt before the submarine, or else when you get out, they seal the place, and give it to you as a reward.

Years
I'm glad I had the habit of going through every square inch of caves and buildings back then, because I understand how easy it would be to miss the Master Ball (just wish I would have held on to it rather than using on Latias right away).

If I were just playing through Sapphire for the first time today, it wouldn't surprise me if I did end up missing it, and not realizing until much later on.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I found it the first time, but I have to say I kinda like that they make you work for it. I think it would be cool to have a couple masterballs hidden in different, very difficult to find, places in the came. Mind you I might not have enjoyed it as much, had I not found it lol

blue

gucci
Years
This was my favorite method of getting the Master Balls, it was a little more difficult this time IMO and I think there was an occasion in Sapphire when I accidentally forgot to pick it up ;;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I missed the Master Ball in my first playthrough of Sapphire, but I managed to take it the next time around; I used it on Kyogre. In Emerald, I used it on Latios.

Years
I got it but I do think that it was hidden away. You could have easily forgotten about it. I feel a better way of obtaining it would have been by Steven giving it to you. Or Professor Birch.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I knew about it, but couldn't find it. I tried another attempt to find it again, but it was sealed

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I actually got it the first time, because when I saw the room with four "items" I got all excited and had to find that place asap ahaha. I did however miss it the second time, somehow...

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I got it the first time, but by all rights I should have missed it. I ended up getting lost, and finding it by accident. I feel like there should have been some side quest like the meteorite or deep sea scanner one, but longer. I did actually get one in the lottery, but that was only when I was trying to show my friend how I never won anything from that lottery. Kind of ironic.

Last edited:
Back