• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are they reallly that X-cellent?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Personally I think that the X times are a Xtreme waste of time (oh no I didn't. >:()

You're probably better of with just stat boosting moves.

But that's the point. What if you *don't* have stat-boosting moves?

Not every Pokémon learns Calm Mind and Dragon Dance.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Never use em. I find if your in a situation when you NEED to boost states, you've done something wrong, I would assume neglected to train. I still use state boosting moves the odd time, but even then I find it unnecessary

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I don't think I've ever used them? Maybe once. I don't even think I sold most of them. They just kind of rotted away. But it wouldn't be the first time I failed to use something and it would have been extremely helpful. (Never used stat raising/lowering moves.) :P

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Never liked them, the only one I ever found interesting was Dire Hit.

Fureon

Psychic
Years
I feel ashamed... :embarrass
I've been playing Pokemon games since Crystal and to this day I thought these items are supposed to be held... I even gave an X Defend to my Blissey... that might be the only time I ever... "used" this kind of items.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
If I'm racing through the game I'll use the odd one, like so Tortera can have a chance against Candice in generation four games.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
oh yes, definitely. i love x-items!
x-tra cash is always great. nuggets would make me happier though =P

now seriously, i don't use them but i can see some potential for ppl who like to do runs with stuff like caterpie, ratatta, etc.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I pretty much just keep my x items until I'm desperate for money and I sell them for cash. They have their uses and I've used them in the past but I'm better off just attacking the enemy.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I never ever use them.

If I'm ever in a desperate enough position that I need to start using them, then I might as well just turn off and try again.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I can say that I've probably only used 'X' items once in all of my years playing Pokémon. I find them completely useless and pretty much a waste of a turn in battle. They usually just accumulate in my bag while I'm playing the game, but I sell them to the PokéMart eventually.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I just sell mine. I don't want to waste a turn using it. >_>

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I don't use it, and I don't think it's really helpful O_O I sell mine like some others there...

Back