• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
So... I finally beat the elite four and that's the game for me.
Embrace yourself for a long tedious comment:

Expert Emerald (or should I call it: Dodrio s**ting things hack) is a really fun hack. The difficulty is definitely on the hard side. Lots of double battles, especially against gym leaders so you can't switch between the pokes. As with most cases, it was extremely hard closer to the start of the game (I only beat Brawly's Combusken by mere luck. He send it against you while you almost don't have any evoloved Pokemon and the only defensive Pokemon I had then was Poochyena, which is not useful in this case, of course). But the difficulty level stayed hard even farther to the game. I found myself, to my surprise, having a really hard time with Norman, and my lv. 50 Blaziken was almost usless, his only fightning move being double kick from lv. 15 or so. The antagonist's teams were also an unexpected challenge.

This was my hall of fame team, goes by the catching order:

1. Henry, a male Blaziken (Modest, Speed boost): Sky Uppercut, Fire Blast, Fire punch, Buck Up (charcoal). lv. 64.
The true disappointment of the team. His modest nature screwed with it's fighting moves, and he was fragile as hell. I screwed with his EVs, undecided what to do with him and accidentally gave him a lot of HP EVs grinding while thinking he's through with the EVs.
I wanted him to learn flamethrower instead of both fire moves, and teach him protect to speed boost against faster opponents, but didn't find the TM for some reason (Should'v looked at Emerald's walkthrough). You can see by his level I almost didn't use it late in the game, but he did prove useful against some of the dark pokes of the first of the elite four.

2. Furrball, a female Furret (Modest, run-away): Thunder, Ice-beam, Extremespeed, Amnesia (Silk Scurf). lv. 84.
I knew I'm gonna have a Furret, like I always do, but when I got a modest one and saw the changes in the states boosting it's SpA, I said I'll try something new - A mixed sweeper Furret! In the late game I had to keep her ten levels ahead of the rest of the team so she'll be useful, but in the elite four she gave everything back, obliterating water pokes and sweeping almost the whole dragon team with single hits. She had better defenses then I had expected, so with Amnesia she was almost untouchable by special hitters. Extremespeed against special defensive pokes, and also to finish off low health ones, turned out to be disappointing since it seems every trainer in this game has more potions then you can expect. Thunder always hit, combined with Starscale's Drizzle.

3. Blacklace, a female Dodrio (Lonely, Huge Power): Tri-Attack, Drill peck, Steel wings, Agility (Sharp Beak). lv. 74.
Man oh man, this hack solemnly made the ultimate Dodrio that could ever been and that will ever be. This lady of bird was like a wracking ball that 1KOed every-single-Pokemon-in-the-game! She was so powerful I kept her in the back and used her as a secret weapon when things went wrong. For the most of the game she was at least 5 levels behind the rest of the team and still hit better then them all.
What should I begin with? The obvious ability treat - HUGE POWER - that made her peck as a Doduo hit like a Brave Bird? the (even more bizarre) improvement to Dodrio states, including rational HP boost, but also more Attack? The 100 power 100 accuracy Tri-attack with bonus effects, before the attack and special attack split?
In the bottom line, Dodrio owned this game, and I think could'v beat the whole of the elite four with her alone. Steel wings let her go around these few resistance, if she couldn't beat them anyway, resistance or not. I didn't use Agility once because she didn't need it. She also didn't need any help from the new TM she could learn - Buck up (as if Dodrio wasn't strong enough already...). If I would get her a choice band - the only choice item in this game - it was a game over period.
The funny thing is - I didn't saw the Huge Power treat on the begging of the game, through the attachment file. I only saw the stat boost. And when I encountered Doduo at the second grass I wanted to catch it anyway cause I never got to use one in other games and I truly like this Poke (Dodrio). So I caught one with the other ability (early bird I think it is) and after a day I gazed through the Evolution and other changes attachment file (which I havn't read yet) and suddenly saw This. It was like: "Oh, no you don't!" - I immediately Stocked the Doduo I had and caught Blacklace.

4. Ganz, a male Tyranitar (quiet, Sand Stream): Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake, Toxic (Hard Stone). lv. 68.
This one was also a bit of a disappointment. I caught it after I got stuck in the third gym, having nothing to send against the electric overcharged raw special power (and Blacklace was still a Doduo, can't even compete with the electric poke's speed). I needed a special wall since I only got fragile pokes or defensive ones (Mightyena). I came back to Dewford cave to look for ground types and pondered if I should take Cubone (which is ground but I already had a defensive poke and a hard attacker) or Mawile (which got a huge special defense boost but his shallow move pool and lack of regeneration Technics drew me off). Then I suddenly found Larvitar. I never used this pokemon before (always in the end of the game) so I took it as my new teammate.
But even as a Tyranitar he wasn't shining. He didn't have any supporting moves to raise his own states and also didn't have recovering moves. Because I used all his EVs on HP and SpD his attacks was rather weak but the sand stream helped him in this field a notch. Also, the strategy of toxic+sand storm wasn't as great as it was in my head, as until he beat up the other poke, he was pretty much weary himself and for the above reasons I couldn't help it. I would prefer him to have shed skin like Pupitar, and maybe Iron defense too. Then I would'v tought him rest and sand-storm, and it could be more useful, but meh.

I'm digging it too much. I'll cut things short.

5. Silverscale, a male Milotic (bold, drizzle): Surf, Outrage, Recover, Refresh (Mystic Water). lv. 74.
I needed a water or a grass Poke, but Tropius, which I wanted to use, lost his chrolophyyll and also was x4 weak to to many things my other pokes coudn't back up. I also needed a new wall cause I found, in a delay, that Mightyena isn't a good wall even after his defense boost and my EVs cause darkness is a bad bad wall material (and also generally), So I got this one instead. Also a first one for me to use one since it's so scarce in the games (Also, Mightyena could not use it's stab efficiently, has still low spread of moves and doesn't have enough supporting moves to fill any of it's roles).
I almost didn't use any of his moves except for surf because he was hitting so hard with it (because of the drizzle and the item). I was surprise to see him actually outsped a lot of pokes in it's level since it doesn't has a lot of natural speed and I didn't give him any speed EVs.

6. Almentaro, a male Alakazam (Rash, Pressure): Psychic, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch (Lucky egg). lv. 77.
I needed a special sweeper cause Furrbal wasn't enough. So I got this buddy and felt really cheap (I don't even like it but couldn't think of other choices). Thought about teaching it Calm Mind but he was was already so strong and also he was to fragile to take hits. Dodrio and him in double battles couldn't possibly lose.

Anyway, after this long-long speech my conclusion are teh:
This game is fun like hell. The difficulty, which is smart, well-balanced and challenging, is it's core attribute, as also giving all the 386 pokes to catch and the changes in the pokes.
Those said changes are fun indeed, and let you use Pokemon you usually want to use but they just giving you too much trouble to work with and promise you a lot of grinding in the harder games, or Pokemon that are to be found in other games only by the end of the game, if at all.
Some of these said Pokes got - ah - a bigger, much bigger share then others. Dodrio is an extreme example but Swellow too jumped from 430 total to sky-high 600, and got a widespread of new special moves to abuse his better SpA stat. I was really surprised to be incredibly overwhelmed by Wally's Ledian (!) Other Pokes didn't get nothing, which I found myself really discouraged to use since a lot of the fun of the hack is the changes (and I'm not talking about the powerful pokes but pokes like Quagsire, for example). It was fun for me to use Furret as a special attacker and rather surprisingly durable special wall.

That is all. Thank you and have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hab
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Hey guys.

I have a Seadra (level 68) and I wanted to evolve it into Kingdra. A prior FAQ mentioned that we should be able to use a water stone to evolve Seadra, but that isn't working. When I hover my cursor over Seadra, it says "No use." If I click 'A,' it says "It won't have any effect"

Is there a way to get Kingdra from Seadra using the water stone? If not, what are my options?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Giant Magikarp

I like Iris...
Years
I always get Bad EGGS. Why? I Don't use cheats.

When I put a Pokemon in the sixth slot in my party, they will be Bad EGGS.

I lost my Shiny Rayquaza because of that.

It started changing Pokemon into Bad EGGS after the Elite Four. Why?

Years
Hey guys.

I have a Seadra (level 68) and I wanted to evolve it into Kingdra. A prior FAQ mentioned that we should be able to use a water stone to evolve Seadra, but that isn't working. When I hover my cursor over Seadra, it says "No use." If I click 'A,' it says "It won't have any effect"

Is there a way to get Kingdra from Seadra using the water stone? If not, what are my options?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
Seadra evolves into Kingdra at Lv 47 in Expert Emerald. Not my Water Stone...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I always get Bad EGGS. Why? I Don't use cheats.

When I put a Pokemon in the sixth slot in my party, they will be Bad EGGS.

I lost my Shiny Rayquaza because of that.

It started changing Pokemon into Bad EGGS after the Elite Four. Why?
This is weird... I know that bad eggs appear in boxes but did not know that even Pokemon change into them in this hack...
Can you repatch to see if it stops?
(Btw shiny Rayquaza? You sure you did not cheat? :D)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
Seadra evolves into Kingdra at Lv 47 in Expert Emerald. Not my Water Stone...

I have an older, beta version of "expert emerald' (then called Pokemon Emerald 'Hard Version'). My best guess is that Seadra's lack of evolution is simply a bug in this older version. Am I just out of luck then?

My Seadra is at level 70 and counting.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I'm not able to encounter any wild Pokemon in Route 101. Is this happening to anyone else? (don't know if this is a known bug or not)

Years
I have an older, beta version of "expert emerald' (then called Pokemon Emerald 'Hard Version'). My best guess is that Seadra's lack of evolution is simply a bug in this older version. Am I just out of luck then?

My Seadra is at level 70 and counting.
Why have not you downloaded the Expert Emerald file from here. That is from the first page of this thread. I seem to be very surprised from you

blue

gucci
Years
I'm currently working on the next release and I've already made a few changes and I still think there could be more changed to improve the quality of the hack. I'm taking suggestions on what to add/change to the current game mechanics, so any suggestions will be considered, thanks!

Years
Hey, all I have to say that this hack is overally great, I'm in Lilycove city with team at 90's already, thanks to Lucky Egg and Level 50 Starmies with Struggle at Route 103 water.

Years
I'm currently working on the next release and I've already made a few changes and I still think there could be more changed to improve the quality of the hack. I'm taking suggestions on what to add/change to the current game mechanics, so any suggestions will be considered, thanks!
What about the Physical/ Special split or adding 4th gen pokes in a new beta??? Otherwise I don't think any new thing is required because the hack is already a 10/10 rated from me

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What about the Physical/ Special split or adding 4th gen pokes in a new beta??? Otherwise I don't think any new thing is required because the hack is already a 10/10 rated from me
And here we go again... yeah, let's add P/S split to everything just because it exists...
It's supposed to be 386 Emerald, why should Suicune add 4th generation Pokemon or P/S split when it's not in the original game.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Can't add newer pokes without removing pokes. However, damage split has actually been added to EE by other people because it's actually a lot easier than you'd think (without going to YAPE for optimizations in enemy loadouts for such a thing so gym leaders and many pokemon are now really silly). Take a spin around google, you might just find a download.

Ideas of things to change, some of these have probably been mentioned and I don't expect all of these to be used as some of them are rather horrible:
-Really, anything with attack higher than the intended users is rather scary/unbalanced with Pure/Huge Power. Changing this to Hustle on those with it might balance things out a little. Either that or give Medicham and Azumarill some Sp. Attack to even them out to at least Camerupt's level.
-Since Cubone, Crusher Of Skulls is so early how about taking away any chance of it holding Thick Club and having it as an item obtainable in some other way (perhaps in the mach bike path in the same cave where you find one, replacing the item at the end of the path?)
-Water/Flying Masquerain. Why is this not a bug type, it is clearly outclassed by every other water/flying type there is and gains a bad 4x electric weakness because of it. Water/Bug would provide something unique.
-Pinsir, why is that thing Bug/Steel? Scizor beats it in every way possible now, but then again if it were Bug/Fighting Heracross would kick it's butt. Bug/Dark or Bug/Ground would probably fit itself a little better.
-Gyarados could use Bounce, if only just for Flying STAB
-Sneasel could use a bump in Sp. Attack since it has all those nifty Ice things.
-Since Pidgeot has Pressure already, it takes longer for it to evolve than Fearow, and was always meant to be bulkier than it's "cousin," give it even more HP and Defense/Sp. Defense stats (I'm talking tank, but balanced mind you) and take down the attack about 10 or so points.
-Give Electrode's Attack a boost, close to it's Sp. Attack. It learns so many physical moves that it should be able to use them, and has a very small Special movepool anyway.

-Lastly a little more controversial, but how about giving stone evolutions the same movepool as their former forms, with small changes/additions?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I was considering adding the Physical/Special split but then it occurred to me that it would only really be beneficial if I added the 4th Gen Pokemon which isn't what I intend to do at any point.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I was considering adding the Physical/Special split but then it occurred to me that it would only really be beneficial if I added the 4th Gen Pokemon which isn't what I intend to do at any point.
IMHO it's not so much adding in new pokes as new moves. Considering what's changed, these things would probably happen:

1. Physically strong pokes like Gyarados or Hitmonchan would get a huge buff.
2. Dark is now completely physical.
3. Other special types are still mostly special moves on what most people use, sans a few things like Blaze Kick, Vine Whip, and Waterfall. Spark in particular turns useless for many Pokes that get it.
4. Sludge Bomb turns Special, Poison Jab needed because a lot of Poison types wouldn't be able to use Sludge Bomb right.
5. Pokemon like Banette and almost every physical oriented bug that isn't Heracross now have no useful STAB due to certain stats (actually most didn't in the first place so Silver Wind is an improvement), moves like X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, and Zen Headbutt (Medicham) would be required.
6. Air Cutter on every Flying type that uses Special stats, or replace it with Air Slash. Same with Rock Types with Ancientpower/Power Gem and Ground types with Mud Shot/Earth Power. Also Physical Grass Types would need a move like Seed Bomb, Power Whip, or Wood Hammer.
7. Oh, and Sandstorm buff is included in the best damage split patch.

A lot of the best additions of attack moves in Gen 4 were just there to provide means to attack on the other side of the spectrum for those left out... that aren't Flareon anyway. ;D

Last edited:
Years
And here we go again... yeah, let's add P/S split to everything just because it exists...
It's supposed to be 386 Emerald, why should Suicune add 4th generation Pokemon or P/S split when it's not in the original game.
Pal I already know that. He can add 4th gen by removing some un wanted ones. I have a proof which you also know that many 3rd gen hacks have 4th gen pokes....

Years
Yeah that is why he asked what could be done in this hack to make it more appealing so I just gave him my suggestion... Ahh apart from that many days have passed since his question, Still no reply but I know he is busy in other hacks.. kee kee kee

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
how can you catch suicune when the internal clocks busted? every emerald rom will come like that, im stuck with it being all-water and won't be able to get to the ice. any solution?

Back