• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Puzzle Version

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I am Dave Yognaught.....

Anyway i was going to say Lotad because i am baised as he is my fav but since you have a water and a grass already im going to say Shinx becuase i dislike mareep Lol, Electrike is a good electric type that isnt Pika, Now two others.... hmm Maybe Scyther? it would be good to have a slasher... err...Riolu?... Aron?..... Abra?...
I guess Shinx wins so far? XD

I think Riolu is a great idea, and probably cause I'm all biased and stuff. I wouldn't use Scyther because the team is mostly made up of tiny pokemon and not big ones. Scyther would look out of place, like the only skinny guy in the McDonalds. OK, that was mean.

Abra I'm not using because I would have to screw around with his moveset, teleporting is not the best offense. XD

Thanks for your input!

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
I vote Riolu! =D

I looked at those screenshots and quite literally rofl'ed.

"Get an admin to ban him" Ban the Kangaskhan ahaha! I actually thought that was brilliant.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
I think you should go for smaller cute Pokemon considering the others on the team;

Larvitar..? (Maybe because I love Larvitar and It's Evolutions)
Elekid..?
Tyrouge..?
-Just a few cute Pokemon of types you haven't got so far.

Also love this, Love the comical scripting :D

~Kian

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I vote Riolu! =D

I looked at those screenshots and quite literally rofl'ed.

"Get an admin to ban him" Ban the Kangaskhan ahaha! I actually thought that was brilliant.
Thankies. (: I guess Riolu is definitely in because of all the votes for it.
I think you should go for smaller cute Pokemon considering the others on the team;

Larvitar..? (Maybe because I love Larvitar and It's Evolutions)
Elekid..?
Tyrouge..?
-Just a few cute Pokemon of types you haven't got so far.

Also love this, Love the comical scripting :D

~Kian
Thanks so much!
Larvitar and Tyrouge seem like good ideas, but we seem to be set on Shinx as the electric type.

So without further ado, the temporary-subject-to-change-last-minute-sucky team!

TEAM

7.png
252.png
155.png
447.png
403.png
246.png

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
UPDATE

This is an actual update!

The reason I haven't updated for a week straight is because I was having a complete error with my game. Thank you so much to Maruno for helping me out with the script changing/updating and stuff (:

So now, I present to you dungeon numero tres. (<-- I used google translator for that)

Spoiler:

Possible FAQ:
Q: I get a level 50 Crobat in the 3rd dungeon?!!!
A: That's my cheating, no you don't.

Q: The battle background is messed up bro
A: I'm trying to fix that too D:

Q: YOU KNOW SPANISH?
A: Google Translator.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
UPDATE

More updates!

So I decided to change all the OWs from Mystery Dungeon ones to HGSS ones for several reasons.

1) They look better
2) Wichu already compiled them in RMXP format so I don't have to do any more compiling PMD charsets (:
3) They fit in with the tileset
4) Did I mention I don't have to compile any more PMD charsets?

Because you guys obviously don't care, and just want to see screenshots, I'll post some of the new charsets. Tell me if you like them or not.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Hah, a smart decision. Why bother doing it again, if the work has already been done by somebody else ? :O

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Hah, a smart decision. Why bother doing it again, if the work has already been done by somebody else ? :O
lol exactly XD
Well I liked PMDs better... :/
Now they look pretty small...
o: Well that's news to me. I just don't want to make any more ow sheets cause I'm lazy. I'm sorry, but I think I'm just going to go with HGSS ones just because I can't find any PMD overworlds assembled for RPG maker XP. I'm really sorry about this :/ If I find any PMD overworlds I'll be sure to replace them!

UPDATE

Hello everyone, it's time for showcasing the next dungeon, "Kadabra's Domain".

Screenies <3 us all so I took some (:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I absolutely love the tiles (Along with the joke lol) and this game seems intriguing!

How about adding the options to get 5 or 6 extra PC Pokemon, because I REALLY want a Torchic in this game when I start playing! However, Treecko is my second favourite starter! Hm... I'll post some Pokemon that I think should be obtainable:

All starters
Machop
Ekans (Perhaps an evil team recruit sees sense and joins your team?)
Voltorb
Gulpin (Eats the team's Oran Berry, apologises and asks if he can join the team as a sorry, along with the fact that he wanted to join a Rescue Team since he hatched from his egg.)
Sentret
Zigzagoon
Poochyena
Geodude (Mistook for a rock, you hit it and then he roars at you. He wants to join your team, and if you say no then he'll battle you (He's lvl 30 ate roughly the time you're lvl 15) and he'll defeat you automatically until you say yes and let him join the team.)
Wurmple (Rescued from a forest fire, and you let her join the team?)

They're random suggestions, but I think that some of the ones with backstories are good. Also, perhaps I could be a storyline editor. Communicate with me via PM.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I absolutely love the tiles (Along with the joke lol) and this game seems intriguing!

How about adding the options to get 5 or 6 extra PC Pokemon, because I REALLY want a Torchic in this game when I start playing! However, Treecko is my second favourite starter! Hm... I'll post some Pokemon that I think should be obtainable:

All starters
Machop
Ekans (Perhaps an evil team recruit sees sense and joins your team?)
Voltorb
Gulpin (Eats the team's Oran Berry, apologises and asks if he can join the team as a sorry, along with the fact that he wanted to join a Rescue Team since he hatched from his egg.)
Sentret
Zigzagoon
Poochyena
Geodude (Mistook for a rock, you hit it and then he roars at you. He wants to join your team, and if you say no then he'll battle you (He's lvl 30 ate roughly the time you're lvl 15) and he'll defeat you automatically until you say yes and let him join the team.)
Wurmple (Rescued from a forest fire, and you let her join the team?)

They're random suggestions, but I think that some of the ones with backstories are good. Also, perhaps I could be a storyline editor. Communicate with me via PM.
Thanks a lot! Progress has been slow because of the vast seas of homework, but I will post an update tommorrow if anyone cares.

I was thinking that this would be the final team, but you have opened up a new possibility, that you can choose the members based on pokemon that are given to you. It's an amazing idea!

I'll PM you with details right now. (:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Whilst we're at it, here are some more ideas:

If they're not already there, add the shops from the original PMDs into every city. Perhaps a city with a department store would be good as well.
Making Pokemon recruitable if possible.
Alternate storylines that involve different places.
Add some events from the small PMD anime.
Make some Pokemon from the anime (Ash's Pikachu, May's Blaziken etc.) recruitable/ able to talk to.
Add some Unova Pokemon (Might need an OW maker).

Back