• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♀ Gender Discrimination Challenge ♂

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Sorry about my lack of updates. I've been doing tons of LP recording in advance before I start school on August 28th. Getting some grinding done before Morty and getting the Eevee from Bill.

153.png

Petal (Bayleef) ♀ Lv. 22 @ Miracle Seed
Nature: Mild
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Cut, Synthesis, Magical Leaf, Poisonpowder

471.png

Crystal (Glaceon) ♀ Lv. 25 @ Nothing
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Quick Attack, Headbutt, Icy Wind, Dig

43.png

Flora (Oddish) ♀ Lv. 20 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Absorb, Stun Spore, Acid, Sleep Powder

And before I forget, happy almost birthday, Sydian :)​

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Username: Sylvie18
Game: HeartGold
Gender: Male (purely because i like growlithe and houndour :L)

been wanting to take part in this, just had to find a working heart gold rom for my R4 xD

Had a bit of time while i burnt my dinner Dx

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
I got bored so I looked for some challenges and this one seems fun!

Username: Eeveelution Co-ordinator

UPDATE!!! Now have 1/16 of badges, now training for second.

69.png

Bellsprout Lv.11 @ Miracle Seed
Nature:Gentle
Ability:Chlorophyll
Moves:Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap

158.png

Totodile Lv. 14
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Torrent
Moves:Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, Rage

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Already do this anyway, should be fun to limit it though.

Username: Patchisou Yutohru

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Okay, I've been grinding for a bit and have been battling gyms over and over to win, but here is my current Team:

058.png

Growlithe Lv.13 @ Rawst Berry
Ability:Flash Fire
Moves:Bite, Roar, Ember, Leer

014.png

Kakuna Lv.18 @ Shed Shell
Nature:Calm
Ability:Shed Skin
Moves:Harden

159.png

Croconaw Lv.26 @ Quick Claw
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Torrent
Moves:Rock Smash, Bite, Water Gun, Ice Fang

070.png

Weepinbell Lv.21 @ Miracle Seed
Nature:Gentle
Ability:Chlorophyll
Moves:Vine Whip, PoisonPowder, Cut, Sleep Powder

041.png

Zubat Lv.15 @ Soothe Bell
Nature:Brave
Ability:Inner Focus
Moves:U-Turn, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite

021.png

Spearow Lv.15
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Keen Eye
Moves: Peck, Pursuit, Leer, Fury Attack

So changes to my team are that I evolved Bellsprou and Totodile, caught a Zubat in Slowpoke Well, caught Spearow while grinding on Route 33, and this morning I caught Kakuna in the Bug Catching Contest and Growlithe on Route 36 and I'm training for the next gym right now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So sorry I'm falling behind on things here, guys. School just started and I was away for the weekend and got sick. :( Unfortunately, things are probably just gonna get slower from here on out. Last time I played, I just grinded my team up, so I think Vulpix and Jolteon are around 18 or so now. Getting close to progressing at least! I'll hopefully find time to play during breaks between classes or something. n_n Updated the list, so if I missed anyone, please VM me (I'll see it quicker) and let me know, thanks! And good luck to all newcomers. :)

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Finally done with the challenge. I went through the god of grinding by battling the E4 and Gym Leader rematches for the past week after I beat Blue.

154.png

Petal (Meganium) ♀ Lv. 86 @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Mild
Ability: Overgrow
Final Stats: 262/172/171/201/188/165
Moves: Cut, Body Slam, Earthquake, Petal Dance

471.png

Crystal (Glaceon) ♀ Lv. 88 @ NeverMeltIce
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Snow Cloak
Final Stats: 244/171/219/260/181/143
Moves: Dig, Shadow Ball, Icy Wind, Blizzard

182.png

Flora (Bellossom) ♀ Lv. 84 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Chlorophyll
Final Stats: 230/175/167/186/189/139
Moves: Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Cut, Sludge Bomb

I do intend to do a male run for this challenge, but I plan to wait until I finish a few other challenges on my list.​

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
had some time in between my courses so update time i guess :)
Spoiler:

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
High School is so far more fun than i thought it would be except for the work. Heres whats happened so far.
Beat the Elite Four with this team.
Sora the High Flying Pidgeot (F)
Fly
U-turn
Aerial Ace
Secret Power

Leaf the overgrown Meganium (F)
Petal Dance
Giga Dance
Frenzy Plant
Return

Amps the shiny Ampharos (F)
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Signal Beam
Hidden Power

Ness the Water absorbing Lapras
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Sheer Cold

Luxnine (Maybe you'll see what i did there :p) the witty ninetales
Flamethrower
Confuse Ray
Energy Ball (It pays to have friends that have Platinum and are willing to breed)
Extrasensory

and last but not least...

Glacier, Luxnines partner in crime the Glaceon
Ice Beam
Last Resort
Shadow Ball
Water Pulse.

A team worthy of Facing Red? Yellow thinks so. Our teachers are on strike so no school which means i should finish this challenge fairly quickly if i play non stop. But first things first. The Pokeathelon!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
dptr048.png

Game: Heart Gold
Player: Dovakin

Zephyr_Badge.png
Hive_Badge.png
Plain_Badge.png
Main Party
159.png

Akatosh | Male | Gentle | Lv 20
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Bite

169d.png

Krosis | Male | Mild | Lv 23
Leech Life, Confuse Ray, Wing Attack, Bite

206.png

Sheogorath | Male | Serious | Lv 17
Headbutt, Defense Curl, Glare, Rock Smash

70.png

Clavicus | Male | Impish | Lv 22
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder

218.png

Rahgot | Male | Relaxed | Lv 17
Yawn, Smog, Ember, Rock Throw

79.png

Gauldur | Male | Brave | Lv 17
Curse, Confusion, Headbutt, Water Gun​

PC Storage

dpicon046.png
dpicon032.png
dpicon185.png

Its been a while since I was last able to touch my game. Sorry for the long gap...haven't done much. After getting to Azeala, I made quick work of Team Rocket and then beat both my rival and Bugsy. Wasn't much of a challenge as I managed to snag myself a Slugma egg back in Violet City.

Ilex Forest was an easy walk. Went through it with Slugma leading the way and burned everything that got in my way. I made it to the route before Goldenrod and decided to train there for a bit. Slowly I evolved some of my key members, Bellsprout is now a Weepinbel, Totodile is now Croconaw, and Zubat evolved twice into Crobat.

Beat Whitney fairly easy as well. Now I made my way to Ecruteak and I'm training to battle Morty.

How do I do that hover over image to get info thing? I wanna put the stats in for my PC Pokemon without having to do the same thing I do for my main team.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, sign me up for this one! :D Since it's late, I'll get started tomorrow when I get the chance. I'll have my first update soon!

Username: Leaf Storm
Game: SoulSilver

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not a super update, but I played the other night and got Vulpix and Jolteon to level 25 and lost against Morty lmao. YAY? :)

Edit 1: Okay, this time I actually beat Morty, then I caught my next party member! I'm still gonna play tonight, but I'm long overdue for a good update, so here we go...also gonna post the ball they're in, cause you know, I realized that getting the right balls, even playing as a female lol, is a major part of the challenge...alright here:

Spr_HGSS_Lass.png

Plater: Alli

Spr_4h_153.png
pokeball.png

Megan / Bayleef (f) lv. 31 @ Miracle Seed
Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Cut, Synthesis

Spr_4h_037.png
premierball.png

Kiara / Vulpix (f) lv. 27
Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Wil-O-Wisp, Headbutt

Spr_4h_135.png
pokeball.png

Anice / Jolteon (f) lv. 28
Thundershock, Shadow Ball, Sand-Attack, Headbutt

Spr_4h_241.png
loveball.png

Berta / Miltank (f) lv. 21
Rollout, Defense Curl, Stomp, Milk Drink

Gonna work on getting a Fire Stone, getting Berta caught up, and evolving Megan. :)

Edit 2: Added assigned genders to Frontier facilities. I can't believe I forgot them. @_@ Also, I think I'm going to leave this challenge as an HGSS challenge, just because if you do this in another game, there's not as many Pokeballs to get (except maybe in BW/2) so yeah. Hooray for game specific challenges! I will eventually update the list of Pokemon to gen IV national dex though, to allow for trading in Pokemon that aren't in the game normally. Also, I changed two of the balls. I meant for the Fast Ball to be for girls and the Level Ball for guys, and I somehow got them mixed up. So I noticed and fixed that. If you've already caught something in one of those balls, don't worry about it. Anyway though, that's all I have for today. Might make another progress update as I plan on playing SS for most of the day.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

thunder: update #1 ★

Lyra_opening.png

Thunder
155.png

Per the usual, I start off at New Bark Town. Heading towards Professor Elm's laboratory, and obtaining my starter Pokemon. As my character is female, I must have a female starter, right? After 50 or so tries, I was able to obtain a female Cyndaquil. Naming it after our Challenges moderator Sydian. :3

Professor Elm wanted me to run an errand, as he wants me to go see Mr. Pokemon. So while I was travelling from route to route, I was also getting a head-start on training Sydian in preparation for the first gym battle. It was already night-time and there's only Hoothoots prowling around, so my plans to capture Pokemon would have to wait till the daytime.

As I reached Mr. Pokemon's house, I was given a mysterious egg, and Professor Oak gave me the PokeDex. I exited, recieved a call from Elm that one of his Pokemon was stolen, and decided to head back.

BUT NOT UNTIL HE SHOWS UP.

Silver_opening.png

Rudy
158MS.png

So, I battle this guy. Spammed him with Smokescreen, and it was a piece of cake battle! He ran away, while I traveled back to Elm's lab. Named the rival Rudy after my friend from English class. Gave the egg to Elm, and finally left for the adventure!

Then Ethan shows me how to catch a Pokemon, which...still, I have no intention of doing so in this update, I decided to just keep grinding Sydian. And that includes the trainer battles, even battled Joey and his top-percentage Rattata. xD

After battling the trainers in Route 30-31, Sydian is now L9.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I feel unaccomplished just beating Red, so I'm planning to take it a step further by beating the Battle Frontier areas for females, but I'll be recruting a new friend for this last part of Tamika's adventure.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YOU ARE TOO SWEET, MEGAN. :) <3 Our starters should be best friends!

Spr_HGSS_Lass.png

Player: Alli
Badges: 5

Spr_4h_154_m.png

Megan / Meganium (f) lv. 32 @ Miracle Seed
Petal Dance, Magical Leaf, Cut, PoisonPowder

Spr_4h_038.png

Klare / Ninetales (f) lv. 32
Flamethrower, Headbutt, Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp

Spr_4h_135.png

Anice / Jolteon (f) lv. 32
Thundershock, Shadow Ball, Double Kick, Headbutt

Spr_4h_241.png

Berta / Miltank (f) lv. 31
Body Slam, Surf, Zen Headbutt, Rollout

Spr_4h_131.png

Layla / Lapras (f) lv. 31
Surf, Ice Shard, Confuse Ray, Body Slam

Changed Kiara's name to Klare after evolving her. I felt it was more mature IDK. lol And then I caught a Lapras since I realized it was Friday, so I won't use Dewgong anymore like I originally planned. And lots and lots and lots of grinding if you couldn't tell! So yeah, PROGRESS! :D Lapras was caught in a Moon Ball that I don't feel like looking for a picture of btw.

aquavi

scintillating starmie
Years
Username: aquavi

...aaaand begin the HR for a female chikorita! (edit: #11 and still no dice. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!!) (edit edit: finally got one on try 13. Naive nature... too impatient to reset for a better one \o/ this'll be fun!)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gonna be busy with the GTX challenge event and soon after, the even that's gonna be in this forum. Yes, back to back events lol. Anyway! I won't be as active in my updates, but I'll still be checking the thread for sign ups. If you have questions that you need an immediate answer to, please VM me because I will get to it a lot quicker! Thanks. :)

Back