• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Master Ball

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I did not miss the Master Ball. I always explore an area thoroughly for all items before leaving. It wouldn't make a difference to me if Game Freak would have made it easier to obtain the Master Ball, because I love exploring in the games by default.

Optimus L7

The Hero Gotham Deserves.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 2, 2013
I hadn't missed it, but a couple of saves after I had accidentally used it for a less valuable Pokemon. :c
I think Game Freak made a good decision of mixing things up a little bit though.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Found it on the first time. Its funny, because I was about to skip the room when my bro saw me playing and told me, "Dude, go back into that room, there might be something important in there!" He had never played the game before, so it was pretty ironic and funny.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I found it on my first playthrough. I didn't play the previous games so I didn't know they used to hand the masterball to you and I check every pokeball I find so it caught me by surprise when it said I found a masterball.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I always check all pokeballs/items on the ground in all places, so missing it is a definite no-no.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I'm one of those 'explore every place' types. I rarely miss things.

I agree though that it certainly seemed bizarre that they just placed it on the floor. It was rather anti-climatic considering how you received it in the previous games.

RenegadeClyde

....'-'.
Years
In my first playtrough I didn't even know about the existance of the room where the masterball was located, so I missed it. However I caught all the legends (Latios was a REAL pain to catch without it.) In Emerald I've bumped into the room accidentally.

Brizz

TM87
Years
The first time I played through Ruby version I never grabbed the Master Ball. This pretty much resulted in me not catching Groudon because the Ultra Balls weren't working for me so I just KO'd it.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I missed it. Argh I was confused. I got to Kyogre in sapphire, and didn't have it! Luckily, I caught Kyogre after Sunny Day, Hypnosis, Leaf Blade.

I think the Master Ball should just be given to you when you beat Archie earlie on.

Years
I didn't miss it! I always search around places before the big fights because I know I will end up missing something big, like the Master Ball. Luckily, my curiosity always gets the better of me.​

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
I rushed through my first playthrough, so I missed it. After struggling to catch Latias, I searched for where I could find a master ball only to find out I couldn't get it anymore. Of course I remembered to get it every playthrough after that though.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I got it, but only after like 20 minutes of trying to figure out those stupid warps. I think they should have had Steven give it to you after the fight in the Space Station in Mossdeep. At least, for Emerald that is. I don't know if that battle was in Ruby or Sapphire.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
I didn't miss it, just got lucky to find it. My two closest friends at the time got the games before me and were already past it and missed it.

Back