• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fire Red Walkthrough Guide

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So, this is a new walk through style I'm trying. Unlike other walkthrough's on this forum, that are usually comical screen shots with witty remarks from player, this one is more informational. Sit back and read has you get a full explanation of this game. From hidden items to which Pokemon I recommend to how to complete every gym puzzle. Here is, Imevils walk through guide of Pokemon Fire Red

Opening + Pallet Town
So you press start and the first thing you see is Professor Oak. He will explain to you that you are now in the world of Pokemon. He will show you a Pokemon then ask for your name and gender. After he will ask you the name of his grandson. Name him whatever you want, just remember the name will never ever be changed. For the rest of this walkthrough I will refer to your rival as Gary. After he is done talking to you he will send you into the world. You will spawn inside your own house. Go downstairs and go outside. You have to find Professor Oak, but he isn't in his lab. Try to leave the town from the exit north and someone will tell you to stop from behind. It's Oak! He tells you it's dangerous to go alone and takes you back to his lab. At his lab you will see Gary and three Pokeballs sitting there. Oak tells you to take one. And you have to make the hard decision on who you want your starter to be. Your choices are:

001.gif
Bulbasaur
Spoiler:

004.gif
Charmander
Spoiler:

007.gif
Squirtle
Spoiler:

After picking your stater Gary will pick the one the defeats your in type then battle you. It should be a quick battle as you both only have one attack. If you lose it's ok, but if you win then your Pokemon will hit level 6 early on. Gary will run off and tell you how he will get a map from his sister. As you leave the Lab, go to Gary's house, the one that isn't yours, and talk to the little girl to get a map. The head up to Route on and start your journey!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Nice walkthrough so far. I always choose Bulbasaur for my starting Pokemon :)

Back