• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I have an Alakazam and Arcanine that work best with Life Orb. Problem is only one of them can use it in Wi-Fi's and such. Who would best benefit from Orb and what would be a suitable replacement for life orb or the other?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Do Hidden Grottoes regenerate per day, or is it just a 5% chance of regenerating after 200+ steps?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Ok if that's the case I can always decrease EVs with some berry(don't remember the name) and start EV training from there?

Each different stat has their own berry, just make sure you use the one's you need. Unless you don't know what EV's they have. In that case you'd better use Pokecheck to find out what EVs they have so you don't waste berries.

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
Each different stat has their own berry, just make sure you use the one's you need. Unless you don't know what EV's they have. In that case you'd better use Pokecheck to find out what EVs they have so you don't waste berries.

This EV stuff makes my head spin, lbs. Okay, thanks for the help bro.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Can you EV train lvl 100 pokemon? Forgive me if this has been answered already in another thread, I looked and couldn't find it.

I found this answer given by someone to another person who asked the same question:

In Pokemon Black and White, you can EV train at level 100 if you have no EVs filled in your Pokemon. Since there is a new EV training system, you can now do that. In gen IV games, you can gain the EVs, but not get the stat boosts, so it will be a waste.

Hope it helps.

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
From Gen V you can, so yes. Stats are calculated after every battle from EVs instead of every level.

I found this answer given by someone to another person who asked the same question:

Hope it helps.

Thanks guys, that helped a lot. Trying to absorb as much as I can, this is some tedious and complicated stuff. Are there was too speed up the process or this is pretty much it?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Something interesting for the EV training discussion; once a Pokémon is maxed out, you can Rare Candy it all the way up to Lv.100 and it'll be just as strong as if you got it there yourself. AR users may be fans of cloning Rare Candies now for this reason.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Something interesting for the EV training discussion; once a Pokémon is maxed out, you can Rare Candy it all the way up to Lv.100 and it'll be just as strong as if you got it there yourself. AR users may be fans of cloning Rare Candies now for this reason.

Cyclone
Yeah, but those who clone Rare Candies don't always EV train... and most likely they just Rare Candy their Pokemon to level 100 just to breeze through the game with no training...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, but those who clone Rare Candies don't always EV train... and most likely they just Rare Candy their Pokemon to level 100 just to breeze through the game with no training...
Their loss when they go on Wifi and get creamed by an EV-trained opponent.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back