• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animated Title Screen

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Hello everyone this is will be a quick and easy script (Beware beginners). I found this script using this starter kit , created by Pαlвσlѕку It is French (Beware anyone who doesn't have Google Translate or isn't French). It was modified by moi.
This works for Essentials
INTRUCTIONS!
Extract all contents to "Titles" Folder
Put the following script in for your title Script (It varies depending on your current title screen)
Spoiler:

The result should be Lugia swimming in the ocean like in Soul Silver when you open your game.
Please report bugs!

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
After examining the script it looks very similar to the titlessceen script in the Pokémon Script Project DS, not to mention that the graphics come from there as well. For that reason I would strongly suggest credit to Pablosky is given.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
After examining the script it looks very similar to the titlessceen script in the Pokémon Script Project DS, not to mention that the graphics come from there as well. For that reason I would strongly suggest credit to Pablosky is given.

I gave credit to the starter kit, but I'll give it to the creator

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Where exactly do I put the code? I put the pictures in the right place, and I thought I had to replace "scene_intro" with it, but that didn't work I also tried adding it by itself but that also didn't work, what am I doing wrong

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Where exactly do I put the code? I put the pictures in the right place, and I thought I had to replace "scene_intro" with it, but that didn't work I also tried adding it by itself but that also didn't work, what am I doing wrong

Scene_Title is where it needs to be

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I don't have a scene_title 0.0 I triple checked, I have Scene_Map Scene_Movie Scene_credits and scene intro,, do I have to make Scene_title? I can do that if so

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Hmmm. A syntax Error on line 13 occured.. That line is " if $ BTEST" I replaced the entirety of PokemonLoad o.o
Thanks for the help btw

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
This script really doesn't look like it'll work with Essentials. Seriously. Essentials just works differently.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
This script really doesn't look like it'll work with Essentials. Seriously. Essentials just works differently.

:/ It works for me. I included everything I used for the script.

The most recent one, number 11 0.0

Okay. I am going to download an unedited version of Essentials and put the script in to see if it works

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
No, seriously, it won't work. It doesn't replace any existing script - class Scene_Title doesn't exist in Essentials and is never called anywhere, so the script won't ever run. The intro and title screen in Essentials is in script section Scene_Intro, and is just for those things and looks nothing like the script above.

The script also makes reference to things like $data_troops which Essentials doesn't use, and doesn't make reference to things like $MapFactory which it does use. Further evidence that this script can't be used as-is in Essentials.

Back