• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your favorite music from R/S/E?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
In my opinion, I think these games had the worst soundtrack. I will say that Steven's theme, Dive theme and Team Magma's theme (encounter not battle) are diamonds in the rough

Burritoburger

Shiny Hunter/Trader
Years
While I liked all the themes from gen 3, the one I love the most is the shop theme. I remember as a kid turning the volume all the way up and putting it right next to my ear, it was so catchy. Unfortunately, they didn't make it anywhere near as good in the later generations.

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
Years
Gosh, I have so many. The entire soundtrack is a masterpiece, I think.

But since I have to name my absolute favorites, they are:

Rival Battle
Gym Leader Battle
Slateport City
Mt. Chimney
Team Aqua/Magma Leader Battle
Meteor Falls
Mt. Pyre (Outside)
Ancient Legendary Battle
Victory Road
Elite Four Battle
Champion Battle
Credits music
Frontier Brain Battle

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
The Rival Battle Theme is probably one of my favorite Rival Battle themes, together with the BW Rival Battle theme.

The whole soundtrack is cool and overall one of my favorites. But aside from the Rival theme, I hardly have any specific favorites here.

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
I really liked the theme of Slateport. It was extremely cheerful and catchy, and always helped me to lift up my mood every time I heard it. I used to constantly fly myself to Slateport City in Emerald with my Swellow, and ride my bike around from here to there just so I can enjoy the music. Haha.

Vandenturf Town's music was another of my favorites. It was quite soothing, and never failed to make myself feel calm. I was also a fan of the Elite Four theme. Not the battling theme, though—just the one that you're able to hear before you start battling them. (:

I agree with this in 100% :)
nothing more, nothing less.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I actually have a few, but for the sake of the thread I'll at least prioritize them.

5. Team Hideout Theme

This track reminds me of what would be a lair for a mafia or a mob. It sounds like the place where black hat businessman would conduct deals and stuff. :)

4. Team Magma Encounter

This music is very active and energetic for its time. Plus it sounds really in-your-face, which I like in any video game music.

3. Team Leader Battle Theme

I absolutely love Game Freak's clever use of the tempo here. The combination of the drums and the trumpets sent shivers down my spine the first time I heard it so many years ago. <3

2. Champion Battle Theme

This track is by far the best battle theme music in R/S/E, and second only to the Deoxys theme for the whole 3rd Generation. It's so upbeat and active, and simply shocking! Loved it. :)

1. Oceanic Museum

This track is just serene to me. It brings peace to my mind, and allows my mind to freely wander into higher thought. Just absolutely beautiful.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
What comes to mind for me when I think about RSE music is the ending credits. That beautiful piano song really stood out for me. Overall, though, I think these games had amazing music.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Route 113 by far, then comes the elite 4 song in 2nd then the legendaries in 3rd then everything else tied for 4th!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I love Gen 3 but not so much the music. However, the Battle Frontier Brain theme is my favorite by a landslide. It captures the excitement of the Frontier Brain battle as it's essentially a Championship. That one get my heart pounding when I was going for the Symbols.

The Gym Leader theme is cool too.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Elite Four, Regis, Champion, Lilycove. Personal faves of mine although it's a pretty solid OST collectively X3.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
In my opinion R/S/E had one of the best music. My favorite was the one that played on the routes around Mauville. The one with the Cycling Road, it's really encouraging and inspires you to move on despite the hardships you faced with Team Magmaqua down at Slateport and the grueling puzzles of the Trick House, I just love it! : - ).

Another favorite of mine is songs played in the earlier locations of Hoenn, especially Oldale Town! It's really relaxing and gives a feel of a small tight-knit village. Verdanturf is also a nice tune, and Petalburg is really jolly and a great and a fitting music for a town like that. Out of the battle music I think the rival battle is my favorite

Back