• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
i think that squirtle pallete is meant to be like that to match the back sprite

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Sweet. Coincidence that I stumbled onto here on the release date, and, well, I'm obviously impressed. Kudos to KoolBoyMan, the effort put in is ridiculous. The only glitches i have stumbled across are minor ones such as the enemy palette screwing up when you enter the menu in battle. Really nothing serious.

My team of Charmeleon, Bellsprout and Porygon are doing me massive favours. I'm hoping I come across some second gen Pokemon soon. Also, some of the things that the regular citizens say crack me up.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Awesome!
Been waiting for soo long! Good job Koolboyman!
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
For this awesome hack! :D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Since I no longer have any way to get ROMs, and I don't have a red one... I decided to try and patch my blue ROM. Interestingly enough... it works perfectly, what's the difference going to be? I've already fought the youngster in Merson cave and I've seen no problems.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Hmm...weird that it works

Though the only difference between red and blue was version exclusives, unless those make a difference in Brown then I'd assume you're safe

zlayer200

Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
Years
DEAR GOD, omg i have waited for this for SO LONG. im so excited :D :D
Gotta download it right now, thank you thank you thank you!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
this might be the biggest hack release ever i will download it tomorrow but i already know it will be the best hack ever

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Nope. This is a Red/Blue hack (and the only one I have seen to date).

Off-Topic, I made a slightly crappy userbar! Proud of it for my first! Need more posts to post it though...

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! (jumps in computer and runs away with a copy of brown) Just Started. I didnt play the first brown cuz I was waiting for this one.

Years
CBM you know you da man right? Obviously that's why you are called CoolBoyMan:D.You just have utterly incredible talent and that's the bottom line!
I will definitely play this and love it a lot! I look forward to updates and the other hacks you make. I would suggest putting a page up at rijon.nintendo-net about this along with more pictures. Game tips and strategies for the hacks there would be nice too :). Keep your Cool with the hacking (:P)!

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Erhm, I patched the patches and stuff, but:
Just HOW are we supposed to trade? Because VBA won't let me :(

hinsburg

Confused
Years
I just tried playing on the crappiest red rom ever, which caused the loading time between screens to be half a minute and made the game tweak and finally freeze when I obtained mah squirtle.

Getting a proper rom right now, should be freaking awesome.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I am loving it so far, CBM. ^^
To be honest, I don't like first and second gen. hacks, but both Brown and Prism are super interesting and are pretty addictive. :P

Anyways, here's a little something for ya... ;)

2w4a6gi.jpg

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Incredibly, and i mean incredibly great gameplay.

BTW great banner Rednano

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I have a few questions:

1.how do you continue from an old save file? When I try it says that it can't load a red save file because the rom I'm using is brown.

2.For the prism compatibility patch, do you patch gold, or prism, because prism's a hack of gold and...

3.Do the 2nd gen patches do anything besides just making them compatible?

4. I heard you were going to make 1st gen patches to make them compatible too, is this untrue, or was it just too much of a pain to redo all that work three more times, when all that's needed to complete the dex is brown and prism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back