• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free Artists' Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Free Artists' Resources

Thought I'd list all the resources mainly associated with Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop that I've found across the web (took ages >.<).
It's true that there are a lot more, but within each link there are 10s to 100s of resources, so this should keep everyone going for a while X3
I hope people find this handy :3
Towards the bottom of the post are general art program links and downloadable font links​

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop CS2 30-day Trial
Photoshop 7.0 Trial

Tutorials
Photoshop Tutorials
Good Tutorials
How to install free brushes etc.

Free Brushes
Free Brushes -a ton of them
BioRust Brushes (need to register for free)
DeviantArt Brushes
Brush Listings
Another Brush Listings
VBrush
Finfond Brushes
Rebel Heart Brushes
Brushes by Sage
*How to create your own brushes
*Another how to create your own brushes

Free Shapes, Patterns & Borders
DeviantArt Patterns
Free Patterns
BioRust Patterns (need to register for free)
Shapes & Patterns Listings
Free Shapes -a ton of them
BioRust Shapes (need to register for free)
Borders & Frames by Sage

Free Textures & Gradients
Free Textures
Free Gradients
BioRust Gradients (need to register for free)

Free Layer Styles
Layer Style Listings
Free Styles
Photoshop Styles
BioRust Layer Styles (need to register for free)

Free Actions
DeviantArt Actions
BioRust Actions (need to register for free)

Corel Paint Shop Pro (previously known as Jasc)
Corel Paint Shop Pro X 30-day Trial
Paint Shop Pro 9.0 Trial

Tutorials
PSP 7 & 8 Tutorials
Installing custom brushes

Free Brushes
DeviantArt Brushes
Brush Listings
Finfond Brushes
Omnix Brushes
Ely & Kelley's Brushes
*Create custom brushes
*Another create custom brushes

Free Shapes
Preset Shapes
Sissywood Vector Shapes
Teph's Vector Shapes

Free Patterns & Tiles
Ely & Kelley's Patterns
Nanson's Tiles
Estazia Tubes & Patterns
Nanson's Presets

Free Tubes
Tubes
PSP Tubes
Estazia Tubes & Patterns
Jumpin Jack's Tubes & Frames
Ely & Kelley's Tubes

Free Gradients
Ely & Kelley's Gradients
Nanson's Gradients

General -most can be used on any graphics programs
Graphics Resources
Textures
Great tutorial listing
Pixel2Life
Grey Cobra
Game Renders

Fonts
DeviantArt Fonts -original member-created fonts
1001 Free Fonts
Font Freak
Free-Fonts
Acid Fonts
BioRust Fonts
DaFont
Abstract Fonts
What's that font -really handy if you only have an image of the font -you just upload the image and it'll do it's best to find the closest matching fonts

Credit: All the site creators

----------------------------------
If anyone has any great sites (whose resources have not been covered by any of the links mentioned here) then please post here with the site and what it covers and i'll add it to the main list if it's worth it :3

Sawyer

���
Years
oh, by the way... VBrush has stopped updating, so the only brushes of theirs you can use now are their old ones >.< BioRust is pretty good, but as you said, you have to register. the number one brush site, imo, is deviantart. there's more every day, by many artists. very good idea making this, and thanks ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
www.gimp.org <- Very awesome art program. Toooooooons of stuff ;O I'd think it comparable to PSP.

www.photofiltre.com <- Less feature-filled than The GIMP, but more user-friendly to unexpierenced graphic makers ^^; Huge downside is NO LAYERS! *gasp*

Sawyer

���
Years
the gimp is hardly comparable to PSP, though. there's so much more you can do in PSP if you're a smart person and a skilled designer. photofiltre... better than MSPaint, worse than the GIMP. you want a good free program, i'd say the GIMP. if it's only sigs your interested in, just ask for someone to make you one. if you like actual art, then the gimp is good until you get PS. i taught myself how to use PS, it's not too hard once you get used to it. it's the first graphics program, so... i was a beginner using PS, Paul. there's quite a few simple filters, and try good-tutorials. there's lots of beginning tutorials there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Well, if I had 600 to blow on PSP, I'd get it ~.~;

Photofiltre is what I've used for awhile, and it's not that bad ;O You can actually do a lot of cool things with it =P

And the GIMP...I'm getting used to it right now. I really like the Script-Fu stuff. It's nice that they have things like that for people who are graphically challenged like me XD

Kira

Style Guru
Years
Katsuro said:
Well, if I had 600 to blow on PSP, I'd get it ~.~;

Photofiltre is what I've used for awhile, and it's not that bad ;O You can actually do a lot of cool things with it =P

And the GIMP...I'm getting used to it right now. I really like the Script-Fu stuff. It's nice that they have things like that for people who are graphically challenged like me XD

Better save some more and blow them on PS.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
Years
You don't insert the fonts on Photoshop, but into your computer. Press the button on your keyboard that looks like a little flag or go to the bottom left corner of your computer and click on the start button. Go to Control Panel ---> Themes and Appearances (or something like that, it should be the first button on the list on the left) ---> Fonts and then after you open the fonts folder, you should have one of the fonts that you extracted from the folder you downloaded from somewhere. Drag and drop it into the fonts folder and it should be installed into your computer.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
Years
Well, maybe you didn't extract the file? If you downloaded the font and it's in a folder, click on the folder and on the left, it says Extract File and click that and once it's extracted take it and drag and drop it into the fonts folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back