• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X&Y - Will they answer more unanswered questions?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd like to think that pokemon have mysterious factors. And with these factors, there arise... quite a number of unanswered questions. With these upcoming pokemon games, do you hope that answers you have about the pokemon universe will finally be answered?

For example, with speculations that the letters 'X' and 'Y' might represent something like chromosomes, or parts of DNA, could they answer questions like, "why are pokemon so submissive?" does it have to do with a pokemon's original genes? Also, while Arceus is considered 'The Original one', as it was said it possibly created the pokeuniverse, will this game explain how it was created, and the rest of the pokemon world as well? Maybe you have questions form in-game that were left unanswered (like, I dunno, what happened with Cyrus?)

Do you think X&Y will they answer more unanswered questions? What questions do you hope will have answered in pokemon X and Y about pokemon?

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I personally think since the games are going into 3D, the X, Y, and maybe in the future Z, stand for the dimensions in a 3D plane. And honestly, I think they're not going to answer questions based on Pokemon such as Arceus, since it already got its moment of fame a few years ago with HGSS and its movie.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nah, I don't think they'll answer questions, I think they'll just reveal the info just as normally. Like how all of Nintendo's Second and First Party developers never comment on speculation.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Maybe you have questions form in-game that were left unanswered (like, I dunno, what happened with Cyrus?)

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YYYYYEEESSSS I want to know that. I also want to know where Looker is from, and whether Mars made it or not and more stuff about the Interpol and I want to visit their base and I want so much and I'm exploding with all the ideas of what they could do with this.

Like, maybe they could explain more about the League's roles. Do they really just sit there all day? Do they have other responsibilities? What about laws and such? Is there a governing body other than maybe the Interpol and the League? Are the Interpol and the League connected? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I want to see the original dragon, what Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem looked like at the start.

I wouldn't mind finding out what our favorite ex-Rocket Executives are doing nowadays. They wouldn't have to appear, maybe just some gossip from an ex-Rocket member or something.

And the greatest mystery of all, why is Mewtwo before Mew in the Pokedex?

Years
X and Y is a pretty clear nod to the two chromosomes that determine gender, so there's that. Personally I don't think they'll answer questions from older generations, as this is a new generation, so it'll start fresh I think. Sometimes things aren't meant to be answered.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think they're going to answer anything other than maybe something with Mew about genetics. I think they only addressed the "Why can trainers have Pokemon?" issue in BW because that's a legit thing that people were thinking that didn't play these games, so they wanted some ingame answer I think.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I really think this isn't the best idea to ask more questions about Pokemon universe. People tend to joke around about trainers abusing their Pokemon to battle, but when BW came out, they felt GF's take on this question felt out of place and unnecessary thus disliking the game's focus on the storyline rather than gameplay. Perhaps it's best not to know who came first: Mew or Arceus, nor if Pokemon eat other Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
GameFreak really doesn't dwell on previous gens. once a new one is out. We've had some slight things added but they weren't all that important, like Regigigas added in Gen 4. The main Legendary Pokemon will more than likely be left alone so that the focus will be on the new ones. Things like the Original Dragon of Unova will probably not even be mentioned since this Gen won't be in Unova.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I doubt they'll answer in-universe questions. They very rarely do. They'll just raise more...but that's okay because I like my fanon :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I doubt they'll answer any existing questions, and if they do, it'll only be one or two. I guess B/W did tell us where the Rocket Grunt in HGSS at Cerulean City was from. but I still think they like to leave stuff up to our imagination.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I don't think they might answer much, they rarely provide backstory, it's really sad, just leave it up to the Fanfics, I'm pretty sure.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I hope they answer the mystery of where Pokemon Eggs come from.

That's been confusing me for years.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I doubt they will answer much to what people are wondering about. I think as with people who make stories they like to keep things open ended that way the person indulging in the book, movie, game, etc can formulate their own ending the way they want it. Although these aren't really endings they are questions and some will probably never be answered nor were intended to be.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Yeah, I think there will be more questions coming rather than answering questions. With every generation there will be more complications, as it is like a step forward, and it's going farther from the earlier generations. And as Kenshin5 said, they will probably leave the endings open, as it lets people think more about it, and put in whatever they feel it is.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I get why people are saying X and Y are chroms. But we do not know for a fact that is what the theme of the games will be.

I for one hope to get more Lore on the Unown. The theme could be completely diffrent from what most people are thinking.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I juuust had a thought: still assuming that we're still going to have the whole biology/genetics theme here, could that potentially solve the mysteries surrounding pokemon who have irregular coding DNA like Mew, Eevee, and Ditto? I mean, some might wonder, why are these pokemon the way that they are? Why can Ditto and Mew transform into carbon copies of pokemon?

Well, of course, there is a theory that might answer; that ditto's are failed 'copies' of Mew, with these particular reasoning:

-Mew and Ditto share both regular and shiny colours.
-Mew and Ditto are the only two Pokémon who know Transform. This is proof of a relation as Transform ISN'T a TM, so Mew knows the move naturally. Smeargle does not count as it requires copying the move to know it.
-Mew and Ditto have the same weight.
-Mew and Ditto can learn every move, albeit in Ditto's case only temporarily.
-Mew and Ditto can have 5 stars in all Performance Stats. This can be argued against due to OriGiratina, Arceus and Sunkern can also have 5 stars in all PS.
-For a Pokémon common in the Pokémon World at one point, Mew sure have become rare, unlike Ditto who seem particularly common in areas where they can be located.
-Possibly the same mass.If Game Freak were to give us the width of Ditto, it could be measured.

Then again, why can Eevee evolve to different types, different shapes, and different sizes? Could this game possibly solve the mysteries surrounding pokemon evolution?

Well, maybe that's unlikely, but... we can see!

Back