• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2009
I got a few problems with Advance Map that just won't go away:

1) In Viridian Forest, whenever I get into a battle, after it's over another "me" appears somewhere on the screen, and the first me is stuck in the middle of the screen. I can control the second "me", but I can only walk on 5-6 tiles.

The walkable tiles with tree tops on them causes a grass line to cover the player.

2) The save file always says it's corrupt, but it's not actually corrupt.

Shawk

Smexy
Years
Sorry for the stupid question guys, but I just got VBA and an emerald rom from romhustler. So I tried to start it up with the VBA and it won't start. Is it just the rom or do I have to do something to start it up?

EDIT: Okay, I got it to work, but now it says the internal battery has run dry. Clock based events will not work or something like that. Help?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Sorry for the stupid question guys, but I just got VBA and an emerald rom from romhustler. So I tried to start it up with the VBA and it won't start. Is it just the rom or do I have to do something to start it up?

EDIT: Okay, I got it to work, but now it says the internal battery has run dry. Clock based events will not work or something like that. Help?

You need to 1st go to:
Options > Emulator > Save Type > and click "Flash 128K"

THEN, go to:
Options > Emulator, and make sure that "Real time clock" has a check mark next to it, then restart VBA. (Just close it and re-open it....)
After that, your emerald version should work perfect.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
You know, now that I wonder...
Does the message at the beginning of FireRed and LeafGreen, you know, "The M1 Sub Board is not installed", what impact does that have on the game and does it affect how one hacks at all?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
You know, now that I wonder...
Does the message at the beginning of FireRed and LeafGreen, you know, "The M1 Sub Board is not installed", what impact does that have on the game and does it affect how one hacks at all?

It means you can't save normally and you have to use savestates. Also after the Elite 4, it means you can't progress and have to start again.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
It means you can't save normally and you have to use savestates. Also after the Elite 4, it means you can't progress and have to start again.
So you wouldn't be able to visit the remaining Sevii Islands? Or do any after-end game stuff?
Yeah, then I guess I would like to know how to fix it.

Years
You see,I tryed inserting the Legendary Birds OWs to Emerald,over the Regis OWs.(Not the doll ones.)I repointed the OWs,but it still doesn't work.

Now,another prob:

Does anybody have a Emerald animation sprite for Dialga,in palette 20?It needs to be fully completed and done with the Pl. sprite?You see,I thought I might as well insert Primal Dialga(Might be catchable),but I keep messing up the animation sprite.And,can anybody tell me if it's advisable to use ? or not?(The placeholder for Unown,and the R/S beta Pokedex unseen sprite)Because I want Primal Dialga to be catchable.
Now,here's what I've made so far: palette,Box data(I think.),and,currently making moveset.
Why can't somebody help me?!Gah,I have to always start a new ROM...

Years
i need help with rebattling trainers, i have the script but dont know if its right
plz help

#org 0x87427CE
'-----------------------------------
cleartrainerflag 0x25B
trainerbattle 0x0 0x25B 0x0 0x87427E8 0x87427FC
msgbox 0x874280C ' I can also say somet...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
end

#org 0x87427E8
= I will crush you!!!

#org 0x87427FC
= You crushed me[.]

#org 0x874280C
= I can also say something after the battle
Is that Pokescript?If it is,well,I don't know,but,if it's XSE,use this:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
I've been reading over the XSE tutorial and figured out how to give an item, but I can't find the list that shows that the string of symbols represents which item.
So far, All I know is that 0xD = potion.

Ichimaru-Gin

What the hack?
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2010
I've got s problem with warps in advance map. I made a 2 maps (One in a cave, one on the top of a mountain) and a warp. I did everything that was needed, but it doesn't works... The tiles that have warps are: The entrace and exit of a cave. however, as i step on a warp, nothing happens! Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Ichi~

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I've got s problem with warps in advance map. I made a 2 maps (One in a cave, one on the top of a mountain) and a warp. I did everything that was needed, but it doesn't works... The tiles that have warps are: The entrace and exit of a cave. however, as i step on a warp, nothing happens! Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Ichi~

Use the other warp tile.
There are two kinds of tiles of the same looks, the first one's for an ordinary floor while the second one's for warps.

I've been reading over the XSE tutorial and figured out how to give an item, but I can't find the list that shows that the string of symbols represents which item.
So far, All I know is that 0xD = potion.

see thethethethe's scripting thread in the Documents and Tutorials section.

i need help with rebattling trainers, i have the script but dont know if its right
plz help

Spoiler:

This isn't a thread for script help request.
Post this in the Script Help Thread.
If you can't find that thread, then how the heck did you find the Simple Questions thread!?

I got a few problems with Advance Map that just won't go away:

1) In Viridian Forest, whenever I get into a battle, after it's over another "me" appears somewhere on the screen, and the first me is stuck in the middle of the screen. I can control the second "me", but I can only walk on 5-6 tiles.

The walkable tiles with tree tops on them causes a grass line to cover the player.

2) The save file always says it's corrupt, but it's not actually corrupt.

1. Change where the NPC(the one you control) is facing.
2. No idea...

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
You Know The Boot Screen With Coppy Right nintendo I edited it and it looks nice but I feel I dosent stay long enough you dont have enogh time to read everything is there a way to make the pause longer before it starts the game or make it so you have to click to get to the next part
thanks an advance

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
You Know The Boot Screen With Coppy Right nintendo I edited it and it looks nice but I feel I dosent stay long enough you dont have enogh time to read everything is there a way to make the pause longer before it starts the game or make it so you have to click to get to the next part
thanks an advance

From my knowledge you can't edit the time the screen is paused. Sorry.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
rele cus somebody made a patch were the boot screen says this is a game ment for fun if you bought it you have been riped off and then you got to click to get to the next part

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
how do u edit the screen where professor birch gives his intoduction?
is it something u do in unlz.gba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back