• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's just an inside joke

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Do you have any inside jokes with friends? If you do how often to you and your friend play these inside jokes to eachother? Do you bother trying to explain inside jokes with people who are around who don't understand it or do you not bother because they won't find it as humorous or anything.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have a few inside jokes, though my friends and I tend to just be straight up with each other, especially around others, because if we can't just be obvious with the words/gestures we're conveying to each other, then there's probably no reason for us to even interact.

Of course, I had a few of those in grades 6-8, because kids are just immature like that, and they were enjoyable at the time being. There was this unspoken law that if you had established an inside joke with someone else, you were not to share it with anyone outside of your 'clique.'

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Oh my gosh we had so many inside jokes at school. I made most of them. Anthony wilde, charlie chipmunk, worm mountain, butt heaven, npso, joint fle, doctor poo, and you guys have no idea what im talking about...well we loved our inside jokes. And now im at high school *sigh* i explain some inside jokes. Mostly anthony wilde.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I have so, so many inside jokes with my friends. I sometimes feel bad for anyone hanging out with my roommates and I especially since we have so many and sometimes we aren't even aware we're talking about them. I hate when others do that so I try to be conscious of it but inside jokes are so common with us that it's impossible to catch them all.

I've learnt that explaining inside jokes is just a futile effort, though. It's rare when one has sprung from anything other than a "had to be there" moment.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I have a few,not many but they're certainly there.
And nope! I don't try to explain them,if anything I find their confused faces amusing. >:] *hahahaha!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Totally. That's what makes my groups of friends feel like we belong together; when we can joke about something that only we understand. Priceless every time, always just as annoying for other people who don't understand and don't want to understand xD

I don't like when others are doing inside jokes in front of me and I don't understand them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I had a few in high school with my friends. We would never bother to explain them to other people. Too weird :3

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Wooh, a LOT of inner jokes over here. Me and my friends do everything together, and as a result, a lot of funny stuff happens that we later reference and laugh at while people are like: "How in hell is that funny?" Lol

And yes, for some reason I tend to explain it even though I know no one's gonna care :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Me and my friends have countless inside jokes which come up all the time, and I can tell it's annoying for other people due to the looks and sighs we get thrown our way lol. Plus I find it really irritating when people do it around me, so I guess I should be more careful in future! As for what they're about, our in-jokes are usually either sexual or obscene so it's even less surprising about the awkward looks haha.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i have sooo many inside jokes and even if people ask we all say top secret and make a T with our hands xD xD so they don't trouble us

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My best friend and I have about a thousand inside jokes, mostly in the form of references to things from the Internet or just our general interactions with each other. We never try to explain them to other people because if too many other people are let in on an inside joke then it isn't exactly an inside joke anymore, and it loses its exclusivity and appeal :P.

That said, I never engage in inside jokes when we're around other people because that's really rude and only stands to make the other person/people feel left out.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have inside jokes with nearly everyone I'm relatively close to, be it friends, family or even co-workers. If you spend enough time with someone, you're bound to come up with little in-things that only you and that other person/people will find amusing, and it'll gradually snowball from there into something resembling another language! And no, there's absolutely no point in explaining them to other people. Partially, it demystifies them and robs them of their impact, but also... people just normally won't understand, or will understand but won't be amused. So there's not really much of a point.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I have inside jokes with friends online... Does that count?

fire an melly is one of them. Only a few people know about it but we all remember it fondly. Even if you do a search, you can't find the original topic because it was deleted by some ******* mod.

Back