• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKEMON Ruby Destiny - Reign Of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I've been checking the first post of your hack and some of the posts around this thread, and I'm happy with the ideas you have planned/executed. Though I don't like the graphical part that much (you seem to have serious problems when inserting trainers... It's really hard to insert DP sprites, because when you shrink them, they most of the time end up looking awful), and well, the tiles/palette combination are not that appealing, at least to me...

Still, what I most like is that you seem to be trying hard at scripting, which will make up for all the graphical parts that I could have said before. So, I'm wishing you good luck on that aspect (happy scripting! ^^)

And, by the way, I love the dark-space-like scenario, very interesting, indeed...

I guess I'm gonna wait till you release another Beta to get a better impression, but if I have some time I may play your B1.

Keep it up!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Updates...

you're right about what you said there! seems that I'm having truoble working on the sprites and inserting them into my hack! By the way, my hack's name is.... POKEMON PHILIPPINES!!if theres a "POKEMON LONDON, theres gonna be a POKEMON PHILIPPINES!

This is definitely called a spammy posy... -_-

I would rather report this post or wait 'till you delete or edit this post.

Anyways, I have done editing the 4th Gym Leader's GYM, Gym trainers and the leader himself, BANSHEE (screeny for later...). And man, was he a tough leader to beat! Anyways, I am getting close to my goal to post the Beta 2, for the finish line is up to the 6th Gym Leader.

I am currently mapping and editing some PKMN Sprites.., for as zel said/stated, the sprites will look glitchy or no longer pleasing to the eyes whenever I try to make them small.

I am having no trouble so far.., at least, for now.

Thanks guys, and good day and happy hacking! ;)

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
so will you be changing the graphics u know the tiles the poke centers and marts ,gyms etc

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My Respond...

so will you be changing the graphics u know the tiles the poke centers and marts ,gyms etc

Well.., since I am putting my whole attention to mpping, scripting and making a plot, I think I should do tile changing for later, when Beta 2 is done and ready to be patched.

But, my bro nd I were experiementing with tile changing in the past month, and find no success at all, except we successfully changed the grass (not the animation), trees, sandm mountains and other easy to edit tiles around the ROM...

I m currently waiting for my bro to defeat the fourth GYM Leader, though, using the male hero, so I could proceed with the hack, since I only played my hack as the female heroen...

Also, I am now planning to include Leafeon and Glaceon.., but sadly, I haven't decided whom to replace.

No interesting updates for today, just a complete map from scratch routes and a town.

That's all and thank you. Good day and happy hacking! ;)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't plan on quiting this hack, for hacking is my number one hobby now.

Well, since I made a post, I should maybe take this chance.

I have done editing the fifth GYM's trainers, texts and the leader himself.

Now, I am mapping the place where the 6th GYM lies.

After that, I'm gonna add more scripts as sidequests and crazy events. Then I'll try to change tiles.., don't know if I'll succeed, but I will try my best.

@ xx1hacker1xx..,

I thank you for this offer, however, let me first try to have fun and get crzy with tile editing. Eheheheh... I'm gonna get wild!

Good day to you all and happy hacking!

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
So, you plan on changing more Pokemon for the DP ones. Well, I've heard of a few hackers getting problems later when trying to make their Pokes evolve, after replacing and editing pokes. I don't know if this is because they overwrited the missingnos or not, but, in any case, be careful and have a few backups ready ;)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Don't worry, zel, I have LOADS of back-up since I suffered from severe depression 'cause of a map glitch (pathetic, huh?)... Oh well... I am no longer planning to add anymore D/P PKMNs in my hack, except for the D/P legendaries, btw.

Again, to those who are curious of what D/P PKMNs are to be found in my hack, here's a list... They are currently the only D/P pkmns available for Beta 2...
Spoiler:

I haven't replaced any PKMN yet for the legendaries in D/P, however, in the future Beta, which is Beta 3, I will decide the chosen ones to be replaced for the legendaries.

A few updates, I have done mapping the area where the 6th gym is to be located. After this, a little fixing here and there and PRESTO! Beta 2 is served! Eheheh... ;)

Good day to you all and have a happy hacking!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wow.., I guess the previous posts aren't all important anymore... I better update the first post, then, but before that, let me explain.

You can only get one Hoenn starter, 1 sinnoh starter, and so on.., meaning, you can only get 4 starters of different regions.

I haven't done anything yet for I just got home. My father took me on a road trip, nd while we're on our roadtrip, we stopped by at our school and I have learned that my class will resume on November 12! Wheee!!! That means I still have 2 weeks of hacking! Ain't I lucky! ^^

Eheheh... Anyways, I better tke a rest first before proceeding with my hack.

Good day and happy hacking!

Hermaniac

Donkey Summoner
Years
oh, i get it, you get a new starter on each of the four islands... kool
So who's gonna get what
for me it is Charmander, Totodile, Treecko and Chimchar

EDIT: Yay, first on page 12!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yes, you can get 1 starter in each of the four islands in my hack.

A few updates, though... I have fixed some of the D/P pkmn's back sprites.

And since I'm going out with my father to another roadtrip, I can do minor things in my hack for today...

I have already prepared a plot to end Beta 2, and after, I'll try my hands on tile editing.

I can no longer fix the D/P battle sprites, for I can't risk to repoint them again, for results may be a glitchy hack, as what have happened to my previous hack.

Well, good day all and happy hacking! :)

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2008
my choice of starters would be charmander, cindaquil, torchic and chimchar...yay fire

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have accidentally repointed some D/P Sprites in my hack.

Now, because of this carelessness, I will have to check the game from the start again, to see if there's bug or glitches, but after I have done with the making the scripts that will end Beta 2.., then I'll start again with the checking.

I am now currently mapping and scripting the secret base of the ROYAL DARKNESS. The story here is you have to stop the group from turning Lugia unto Shadow Lugia....., with the help of some characters in the game. Also, BANSHEE, my real life friend, won't change his mind about his chosen PKMNs for BANSHEE, in my hack, the fourth GYM Leader's pkmns.., which is way to difficult to defeat... Solution, I made a little gym for the player to level up a bit, beofre facing him.

Screenshots will be available while I am checking the game before Beta 2's release, at least.

Those are all the updates for now.., I guess... Happy Halloween everyone and have a great day! Nad happy hacking!
Spoiler:

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2008
hmm a hard gym? i think leave it at hard because then people will have to train harder to get past it? would make it more interesting. You could maybe make a trayning area for repetitive training and rewards for completing it? kinda like the battle frontier but with actual rewards and experience. just a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back