• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This game seems quite interesting, but it does need A LOT of work.

The first screenshot looks fine, but the mapping needs an immense amount of work, even for a a small, indoor map.

The second screenshot looks like it was just simply done in Paint with a few random tools. The text isn't centered, as well.

The third screenshot looks like you just took the starter kit, removed the background, added one color, and added a smaller Rowan (even when RPG Maker XP takes 2x images), without even bothering with text.

The fourth screenshot looks very odd, because you just used Ruby cave tiles and put D/P overworlds on it.

You also say that you made the images to .JPEG files to prevent stealing, but there is nothing to steal. Even games like Pokémon Amethyst, Acanthite, etc. make their images .PNG files, and don't worry about someone stealing from them.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
This game seems quite interesting, but it does need A LOT of work.

The first screenshot looks fine, but the mapping needs an immense amount of work, even for a a small, indoor map.

The second screenshot looks like it was just simply done in Paint with a few random tools. The text isn't centered, as well.

The third screenshot looks like you just took the starter kit, removed the background, added one color, and added a smaller Rowan (even when RPG Maker XP takes 2x images), without even bothering with text.

The fourth screenshot looks very odd, because you just used Ruby cave tiles and put D/P overworlds on it.

You also say that you made the images to .JPEG files to prevent stealing, but there is nothing to steal. Even games like Pokémon Amethyst, Acanthite, etc. make their images .PNG files, and don't worry about someone stealing from them.

Well, I know the graphics that you point on are poor; I made better ones, I just kept those as place holders until the real ones were done so I could meet the requirements, they will not be used in game, will update with better maps, etc... today.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
hey Collosalpokemon just some questions i would like to ask, number 1 are you baseing any of this on the anime example haveing gary/other people like that, number 2 will you be able to get all the starters from each reagion, number 3 will you make your own badges and towns.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
hey Collosalpokemon just some questions i would like to ask, number 1 are you baseing any of this on the anime example haveing gary/other people like that, number 2 will you be able to get all the starters from each reagion, number 3 will you make your own badges and towns.

1) Well, the Orange Islands might, as there are no real nintendo games with them.

2) Every pokémon will be obtained somehow, I cannot release any more info on this as it will be kept secret until the release of different events.

3) Well, the Badges will be from Sinnoh, but the Towns will be made by ourselves.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
hey CollosalPokemon i need the original sprites for lance and bruno, i'll try to make them D/P style.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Hey i finished the Bruno Sprite... took me a while to do.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
i'll post the bruno image as an attachment that might work

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Heres the Icon for the Super Ball
I'll be adding more soon :D

tanzenorkan

The Salmonella Samurai
Years
  • PA
  • Seen Dec 26, 2008
hey, mate, not sure exactly what type of format you plan on using throughout the whole game, whether it will be traditional or something of your own design. Regardless of what you choose, I suggest that you make the game movement fast. I am specifically thinking about the large difference between fire red/leaf green and diamond and pearl. In fr/lg, the game sequences moved quickly, for example, the transition from free roam into a battle was fast, and then from selecting an attack to executing the attack, to the enemy attacking was fast. In D/P, it was very slow and frustrating. It takes forever to get through simple battles like farming the elite four. So, I suggest that you make your transitions between different screens and options fast, which may seem obvious, but my biggest frustration with D/P was how slow it was, so I thought I'd mention it. =)

Best of Luck to you!

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
hey, mate, not sure exactly what type of format you plan on using throughout the whole game, whether it will be traditional or something of your own design. Regardless of what you choose, I suggest that you make the game movement fast. I am specifically thinking about the large difference between fire red/leaf green and diamond and pearl. In fr/lg, the game sequences moved quickly, for example, the transition from free roam into a battle was fast, and then from selecting an attack to executing the attack, to the enemy attacking was fast. In D/P, it was very slow and frustrating. It takes forever to get through simple battles like farming the elite four. So, I suggest that you make your transitions between different screens and options fast, which may seem obvious, but my biggest frustration with D/P was how slow it was, so I thought I'd mention it. =)

Best of Luck to you!
I don't really know; I haven't had many requests for that, so i am not sure of what other's think of it. But if people say they want it. I think it can be added.

Thank you, always a pleasure hear consruction ideas and comment :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
Can you please put Crystal Onix in the Orange Islands and the gaint tentacruel from episode Tentacruel & Tentacool and place like Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden if you could put things in like this i would like to help but i don't know how to use the programes (sad face)

I don't know if other people have wanted to do this but i think you should put New Island(Mewtwo's island) from pokemon movie 1, Fire Island(Moltres) to get the fire-based sphere + Lightning Island (Zapdos) to get the lightning-based sphere + Ice Island (Articuno) to get the ice-based sphere from pokemon movie 2, The mansion to battel the Crystal Pokémon of molly created by Entei from pokemon movie 3, to goto the Lake of Life (Celebi's home) from movie 4, to go to the water-themed johto city of Altomare (Latias and Latios home) from pokemon movie 5, to see the Millennium Comet, which appears in the night sky for seven days once every thousand years. It is, at the same time, when the legendary Pokémon Jirachi awakens from a long slumber to absorb the comet's energy from pokemon movie 6, to go to the place were Deoxys and Rayquaza battel from pokemon movie 7, to go to Cameron Palace where a festival is being held to celebrate Sir Aaron and enter the battle and win Aura Guardian and see Lucario and mew also to go to Tree of Beginning to battel Regirock, Regice and Registeel the tree's guardians from pokemon movie 8, to go the Temple (Manaphy's home) from pokemon movie 9, to go to the Space-Time Tower to see Palkia, Dialga and Darkrai battel from pokemon movie 10, to go to the Reverse World and see Giratina, Shaymin, Dialga and Regigigas and what ever else happens from pokemon movie 11 and the events from movie 12 if possible. I think by putting this in the game it would make it 100x better in my opinion.

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Can you please put Crystal Onix in the Orange Islands and the gaint tentacruel from episode Tentacruel & Tentacool and place like Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden if you could put things in like this i would like to help but i don't know how to use the programes (sad face)

I don't know if other people have wanted to do this but i think you should put New Island(Mewtwo's island) from pokemon movie 1, Fire Island(Moltres) to get the fire-based sphere + Lightning Island (Zapdos) to get the lightning-based sphere + Ice Island (Articuno) to get the ice-based sphere from pokemon movie 2, The mansion to battel the Crystal Pokémon of molly created by Entei from pokemon movie 3, to goto the Lake of Life (Celebi's home) from movie 4, to go to the water-themed johto city of Altomare (Latias and Latios home) from pokemon movie 5, to see the Millennium Comet, which appears in the night sky for seven days once every thousand years. It is, at the same time, when the legendary Pokémon Jirachi awakens from a long slumber to absorb the comet's energy from pokemon movie 6, to go to the place were Deoxys and Rayquaza battel from pokemon movie 7, to go to Cameron Palace where a festival is being held to celebrate Sir Aaron and enter the battle and win Aura Guardian and see Lucario and mew also to go to Tree of Beginning to battel Regirock, Regice and Registeel the tree's guardians from pokemon movie 8, to go the Temple (Manaphy's home) from pokemon movie 9, to go to the Space-Time Tower to see Palkia, Dialga and Darkrai battel from pokemon movie 10, to go to the Reverse World and see Giratina, Shaymin, Dialga and Regigigas and what ever else happens from pokemon movie 11 and the events from movie 12 if possible. I think by putting this in the game it would make it 100x better in my opinion.
Actually all those, discluding the tentacruel, are possible in RMXP. But again, they wouldn't be easy. I would have to get some requests for them.

Back