• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Olive Green Version

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
The new palette looks good, but I would makes the contrast between colors more noticeable, as well as make the outline of the platforms MUCH darker. That's the main problem, I think. Not as much as the colors themselves.

EDIT: Thanks for the credit, haha. It makes me feel warm and fuzzies.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
pallet for the town looks a lot better ju..... person i know

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
more trees?
Like more variety? Or more trees to a specific map?

I think he meant more trees in the first town, he must have misunderstood what we meant by "palette", haha. I bet he wanted more trees underneath the platforms. I wouldn't mind it, but there's a reason there aren't any trees in the town, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
I think he meant more trees in the first town, he must have misunderstood what we meant by "palette", haha. I bet he wanted more trees underneath the platforms. I wouldn't mind it, but there's a reason there aren't any trees in the town, right?

Geography.
The town is located at the base of a mountain.
Maybe I could scatter a few small trees around, like the ones to the right.
I'll experiment with it.

ReTAsp

Awesome Norwegian :D
Years
Nono. ;p But I'ld really like to see some more trees, because it had been better then. Even in mountains there is some more trees some places

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
I like the starters and all the other thing also looks very nice :)

I hope it will come out soon ^^

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Well considering this is called "Olive Green", shouldn't it be a hack of Leafgreen? XD
no, firered is more stable then leaf green

FireRed is just more popular, there's nothing different between those two games.

actually thats not why, fire red may be more popular but its the more stable out of the 2, its like that for every pokemon game for ruby and sapphire ruby is stable and sapphire is just based off ruby, its hard to explain, im sure my friend can explain it better then me

Years
Well done on graphics, if you've got this why not release a beta of so far as you have got? I would be happy to Beta test for you.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Well done on graphics, if you've got this why not release a beta of so far as you have got? I would be happy to Beta test for you.

i have 2 things to say (and im not trying to be mean)
he already has beta testers
and he wants to have the first gym made before he releases a beta

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
no, firered is more stable then leaf green

actually thats not why, fire red may be more popular but its the more stable out of the 2, its like that for every pokemon game for ruby and sapphire ruby is stable and sapphire is just based off ruby, its hard to explain, im sure my friend can explain it better then me
No, that's just what everyone believes. There's no difference in compatability with tools.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years

No, that's just what everyone believes. There's no difference in compatability with tools.

He has a point though, Firered was the original. Leafgreen was built off of Firered, and therefore is stuck with the logo of unstable. There isnt really anything different though, since they couldn't take up more space with leafgreen than firered...

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
He has a point though, Firered was the original. Leafgreen was built off of Firered, and therefore is stuck with the logo of unstable. There isnt really anything different though, since they couldn't take up more space with leafgreen than firered...

Well considering this is called "Olive Green", shouldn't it be a hack of Leafgreen? XD

The real reason is because I'm using a hacked firered rombase which clears all original scripts in the game, allows for a lot of nifty things, and makes the game more stable.
This patch is not available for leaf green.

Back