• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@The RiddlerE-Nygma: Son of Sabrina, huh..? Hmm. A dangerous choice, but an acceptable one. I will say that Sabrina is currently a teacher at The Academy, and that you should take this into account.

That being said, I suppose I'll approve this. Welcome to the roleplay~

@Shay: Not a bad thought. :P It's a perfect excuse for characters to bring their parents in.

@Kezius: Oookay :P Well, if you feel like you need to ask permission, go ahead!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
:D Ah-ha! If everyone's parents are coming for Thanksgiving, Kilik's gonna be real lonely! Since his father is...out of commision, Kilik's mother & father won't be able to make it! It's the perfect story! Perhaps I'll add a quest for him, maybe let him battle a group of Pokemon, or maybe fight a Team Rocket member, like Alex?

Meeptasm

Eevee of Mystery
Years
I don't know if this idea would really be applicable for most of the characters, but I was thinking that we could have an Academy wide Pokemon Contest. :D

Dawn

Years
@Meeptasm: Well the academy teaches trainers, not coordinators. However coordination is a fairly popular hobby among trainers, and so there is a class for it. That being said I could however imagine a thanksgiving pokemon contest that is showcased during the get-together dinner? That sounds a bit more realistic, while still achieving a similar purpose.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I like the idea of having family members come to the academy for a visit. But...one question though, students can't leave the Academy to visit family members, can they? If not, then I'll bring Danielle's uncle and cousin to the Academy. Megan, however...she has no family. :(

Meeptasm

Eevee of Mystery
Years
@Yellow: That sounds like an awesome plan! X3

EPIC Update: Great news, everyone! After a long discussion with the staff here, they've finally given me wifi access! Now I'll be able to keep up with everything on here! X3

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Meganium90: It's a very long trip for one day. I'd imagine it's more practical for the parents to come, since they can stay for a couple of days in Oak Town if they desire.

@Meeptasm: Oh my. That's wonderful! I can't help but be curious as to how you managed. Alas.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Do a teacher's parents come too? Aloin hasn't seen his family since he began his pilgrimage, so meeting them would be...awkward. And Julius' parents wouldn't be able to come due to work, so could an overage sibling come instead? >.< Wow...I never noticed how problematic my characters' family situations are until just now...

Meeptasm

Eevee of Mystery
Years
@Yellow: Believe me, it was no simple task. I'm just glad I was born with a natural talent for negotiating... Sometimes I think I'd be an awesome lawyer! X3

Also, I'm not planning on bringing Meep's parents to the Academy just after he spent his very first day there, as well as for a few more reasons:

1. Meep's father has his hands full with running the daycare in Celadon, and he can't find anyone to fill in for him.
2. Meep's mother is a very busy businesswoman and is usually given the tougher, lengthier projects because of her vast amount of experience and skill, so she's not able to get that many vacation days off (the sad part of working a successful job :C).
3. Even if they could schedule some free time, they strongly believe that visiting Meep so soon after he moved out and treating him like a child would only encourage other students to bully him (and Meep needs more jerks in his life like he needs a cactus to the rear :/).

But I'm guessing having your character's parents visit for Thanksgiving is optional, so I'm not going to worry about it. I just wanted to give Meep's family some interesting background info. X3

Dawn

Years
@silver: What shay said, vaguely family, and only if it makes sense. It's up to you! You have a lot of freedom and control in this RP. I prefer to give people the choice to make dangerous decisions and only get involved /after/ mistakes are made.

I will personally probably have Valorie's parents visit, perhaps Olivia's.

Elizabeth's parents have been dead for well over a hundred years though. (For those that aren't aware, Elizabeth is a child from the past, who is physically aged 10, but works as a teacher at the academy teaching ancient johto history.)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
We're doing the family-thing? Okay. I was gonna' suggest a bird-catching contest where the RPers got divided into mixed dorm teams. Then they would chose one Pokémon to use in the competition which would consist of the student-teams all trying to capture a powerful bird-Pokémon (such as Pidgeot and others) and then presenting it to a panel of judges. The teams would then make a leader and let the leaders battle with the bird-Pokémon. The leader that wins all of the battles will get his/her team some useful items like Rare Candies or evolutionary stones. But family-stuff is good too.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I have a question....and you'll probably think I'm dumb for asking this, but how do classes work? When do we go to them, what do we do, etc. Basically the whole idea of it. I don't need specifics on each class, unless the general mechanics changes for each one.

Thanks!
-LCF

P.S. Looking back at the firat post....I don't see my name on the accepted characters list :(

Dawn

Years
@Lt. Col. Fantastic: Classes start at the beginning of each day. I will post who is going to which class, and someone must choose to roleplay the teacher for that class. (Or it may be an actual teacher character to begin with.)

The rest is up to improvising. You are of course allowed to have your student skip class.

Also, really? I'll go see if I can't make sure that's fixed.

Years
It's going to take a while,Meep-kun. There are still a couple of people's character's out. Jack, SD, and Pink's character's are about to go on an adventure, and I think me and Fu-chan's characters are about to go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back