• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
I've had this happen in other areas of my Ruby hack. I found that most times, a map script had been corrupted on the map you were trying to access and the game auto resets. Check all the map scripts for pallette town and compare them to a clean rom. You will probobly find your answer there.

Good Luck!

Thanks, all I had to do for the fix was copy and paste the map script over from a clean rom lol :D

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it will completely work. When you recieve a gym badge, what happens is a flag a set. Then, lets say you walk up to a rock, it checks to see if the flag that goes with that particular badge has been set. When you approach a rock, the script checks flag 0x825 in firered. This is the same flag that is set when you recieve the marsh badge. Okay, now to make it so that the boulder badge alows rock smash, open up 0x1BE00C in a script editor (the comand for rock smash in firered). On line 7, change the flag from 0x825 (marsh badge) to flag 0x820 (boulder badge). Flash will still be usable as I dont know where its script is, but you will now be able to use rock smash after recieving the boulder badge.

I usually hack ruby because its the game I grew up with, and this is how it works in Ruby. I dont know if there is more to it than this, but its worth a try.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
What command do I put in a trainer battle script to make the vs seeker work?

This question was answered by tajaros in the Script Help Thread. You use the trainerbattle 0x3. If you need more help with scripting, look up diegoisawesomes XSE scripting tutorial, there's a ton of stuff there.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
How can I insert this into a free space in my rom?
03 B5 03 48 00 68 03 49 80 89 08 80 03 BD C0 46
0C 50 00 03 D0 70 03 02

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
How can I insert this into a free space in my rom?
03 B5 03 48 00 68 03 49 80 89 08 80 03 BD C0 46
0C 50 00 03 D0 70 03 02
First: Download a hex editor (I use HxD and XVI32)
2nd: Open you rom with the hex editor.
3rd: Select a space, equal to the length of your hex, of 00 (I believe that people said this is freespace for Ruby and Sapphire, someone correct me if I'm wrong) or FF (Firered, Leafgreen and Emerald) ... check around E3D000
4th: Paste your hex code into the selection you made in step 3
5th: Take note of the location you inserted the code into (You will need it to make pointers, use it in custom scripts and such) DON'T LOSE IT.
6th: save
7th: Use your hex in a custom command somewhere! haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
thx alot wwmb. 1 more question in fire red all spots with FF counts as free space?Also when u say take note of the location I inserted the code do u mean offset? and if so what happens if the code is 2 lines like mine?

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
thx alot wwmb. 1 more question in fire red all spots with FF counts as free space?Also when u say take note of the location I inserted the code do u mean offset? and if so what happens if the code is 2 lines like mine?
Kind of.... if you see large spaces of FF's (Like down at the bottom of the ROM) then yes... but, a lone FF (or a small pach) could be used for something already (so try to judge if you think it's large enough or not.)
Correct, the offset. In HxD you can find the offset of your selection by looking in the bottom left-hand corner.

The lines don't really matter, since binary is really just one dimensional, you're only breaking it up into chucks to read easier. (You could probably set a hex editor to read it all in one line. But that would be hard to read. haha)
So to answer your question, Just select a space big enough to fit it all, and paste them in. If they are two separate commands: note the offsets where each starts. (You could paste one, the skip two FFs or so and paste the other, if you want to play things safe and make it easier to read)

Good luck

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
I'm hacking Ruby, and I want to make it, so at a certain point in the game, an individual gives you the PokeDex. I can't seem to be able to edit the order that Pokemon appear in the Hoenn regional dex, example changing Oddish to be #20 instead of whatever. If someone could help me with that
OR
I could give the player a National Mode Dex instead, which I believe can be edited easier, but what is the flag for that in Ruby?

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
I'm hacking Ruby, and I want to make it, so at a certain point in the game, an individual gives you the PokeDex. I can't seem to be able to edit the order that Pokemon appear in the Hoenn regional dex, example changing Oddish to be #20 instead of whatever. If someone could help me with that
OR
I could give the player a National Mode Dex instead, which I believe can be edited easier, but what is the flag for that in Ruby?

Saddly, there isn't a flag for turning the national dex on in RS. I did find this though:
Code:
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
youtu.be/EdT38tz28OM

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
How do I change the order of PKMN in the Hoenn regional Dex?
Change 001 Treecko to 001 Togepi and so on

I've been using the Pokedex Order Editor by team snagem but nothing changes in-game

Last edited:

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
How do I change the order of PKMN in the Hoenn regional Dex?
Change 001 Treecko to 001 Togepi and so on

I've been using the Pokedex Order Editor by team snagem but nothing changes in-game
I used XSE and my sapphire ROM and made:
Code:
//---------------
#org 0x720000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x801 //check if the player has gotten the pokedex from the professor yet
if 0x1 call 0x872000E
release
end

//---------------
#org 0x72000E
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
return
and it worked!
(Yes it starts with it still in HOENN mode, but simply pressing SELECT and going to the newly unlocked: "SHIFT">"MODE">"NATIONAL DEX">"OK" will set the dex to show in the correct order)
I haven't tried Ruby (yet.. I'll do that later) EDIT: Yup, it worked in Ruby too! Good luck with your hack

and about changing the order... can't help you. Sorry. I don't have experience in that area.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
Tthanks wwmb for your help, although I had some success on my part too!

Note for all people editing the Hoenn Dex using the POE: Make the first pokemon (In my case, Togepi) have the same national value as Treecko, who is the first in the Hoenn Dex... and so on.

I don't know if this was resolved somewhere else at an earlier time, but I feel quite proud for figuring it out after many trials and errors.

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Tthanks wwmb for your help, although I had some success on my part too!

Note for all people editing the Hoenn Dex using the POE: Make the first pokemon (In my case, Togepi) have the same national value as Treecko, who is the first in the Hoenn Dex... and so on.

I don't know if this was resolved somewhere else at an earlier time, but I feel quite proud for figuring it out after many trials and errors.
Awesome, and congratulations! I'll take note of that too ^_^

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
I do have one other question, this one more scripting related:

How do I make a script that enters a pokemon into the pokedex as if you caught one? (So a pokeball appears next to the name of others of its kind in the wild, so I can look at its pokedex entry... so on.)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I do have one other question, this one more scripting related:

How do I make a script that enters a pokemon into the pokedex as if you caught one? (So a pokeball appears next to the name of others of its kind in the wild, so I can look at its pokedex entry... so on.)
Is that kind of a script called ever during the normal gameplay? No.
This pretty much answers it; you're going to have to locate the asm routine loaded whenever a pokemon is caught during the battle, which is used to display its pokedex entry (if not caught before already), and use parts of it. No need asking how to do it - it's "difficult" to achieve.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
Is that kind of a script called ever during the normal gameplay? No.
This pretty much answers it; you're going to have to locate the asm routine loaded whenever a pokemon is caught during the battle, which is used to display its pokedex entry (if not caught before already), and use parts of it. No need asking how to do it - it's "difficult" to achieve.

Alright :/ I just thought it might be simpler than ASM routines because I was sure there were scripts used in the games that give pokemon the 'seen' flag, so I thought the 'captured' flag wouldn't be far off...

It was just a curiosity on my part; I just changed a little part of my hack so I wouldn't have to do 'voodoo magic' with ASM stuff to do something so trivial.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I've just been getting into creating maps but whenever I do an "inside" map the background is a bright purple instead of the black tiles that I've selected and I'm not sure what exactly is wrong or if its a common error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back